What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

Just got my tent - not sure if I am sticking with it could sell it on but for £8.50 and a £10 delivery fee I think its a bargain (less than a quarter of the retail!) May sell it on to friends but I am trying to get myself a Fresh and Black tent just this was too good not to buy!

image.thumb.png.8bfce0b08adb70318bcdd787b96ab6e1.png

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Just got my tent - not sure if I am sticking with it could sell it on but for £8.50 and a £10 delivery fee I think its a bargain (less than a quarter of the retail!) May sell it on to friends but I am trying to get myself a Fresh and Black tent just this was too good not to buy!

image.thumb.png.8bfce0b08adb70318bcdd787b96ab6e1.png

Looks a bargain .. whats the tent ? Where did you buy it from ? 

On 12/15/2019 at 11:41 PM, Bryanrebe said:

We're on the 11.00am bus which should get us to the festival at 12.15. I figure you might as well sleep in if you have the chance!

?

Prioritising sleeping, huh? So you're still a newbie then yeh? 😛

Quite aside from the fact that sleeping on the Tuesday night is basically impossible due to excitement, i have now got to the stage where I start getting fomo pretty much as soon as the gates open. And I camp in Pylon, so there's definitely no logistical need to get there early.

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some of our team fly to Glasgow from Bristol. Flight times are OK I think.

This sounds good in theory, but if I'm in the kind of state I was in on Monday this year, I can't imagine anything worse than navigating an airport. Well, except getting a bus or a train obviously. 

I reckon it has to be a hotel in Somerset followed by a flight on Tuesday. Or Wednesday. 

17 hours ago, MetaKate said:

£8.50 for a tent?!? That seems like an insane deal, where did you get it?

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Looks a bargain .. whats the tent ? Where did you buy it from ? 

eBay has heaps of them - lots been sold just with the name 'tent'. Plenty of bargains I bet in like September after festival season its full of them. Someone bidded at £5 and i sniped it at the end is basically what happened. Its been used 3 times I think it said but there were tons of bargain new ones too.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:13 AM, MetaKate said:

£8.50 for a tent?!? That seems like an insane deal, where did you get it?

And that’s why so many get left behind, I’m not saying anyone on here would, but at that price is it any wonder so many see tents as single use disposable items? 

On 12/15/2019 at 11:41 PM, Bryanrebe said:

We fly back to New Zealand on Tuesday 30th at 9.10pm and our hotel has 12.00pm check out, so I think we'll be trying to catch a lot of zzzzz's after partying hard all week. Also booked us premium seats at the front of the top floor with a table, so we can at least stretch out on the coach before we're stuck in cattle class for 30 hours ?

What airline are you flying with back to NZ?

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

Emirates. Was most recommended by my friends who do lots of travel. We fly London>Dubai>Melbourne>Wellington.

As soon as you get the chance to check in get seats on the upper deck on the A380. If you’re on the 777 out of London (you shouldn’t be as you are flying late) try & get seats just in front of the wings. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz’s

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bisque said:

As soon as you get the chance to check in get seats on the upper deck on the A380. If you’re on the 777 out of London (you shouldn’t be as you are flying late) try & get seats just in front of the wings. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz’s

We went glasgow, Dubai, Auckland .  The Dubai connection was just less than two hours so basically off one plane and on to the next.  Exhausted on arrival but it’s the quickest way to get there.  is the upper deck on the A380 not only first class? 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We went glasgow, Dubai, Auckland .  The Dubai connection was just less than two hours so basically off one plane and on to the next.  Exhausted on arrival but it’s the quickest way to get there.  is the upper deck on the A380 not only first class? 

No, the back quarter should be economy on most A380’s however Seat Guru says otherwise for Emirates. Ask at check in if Premium is available & you can get an upgrade for a small fee, maybe £100 which is worth it on the big plane. Tbh Emirates has really low loads during the summer so you might get a whole row to yourself so book wisely eg book an aisle & middle H & J seats & hopefully no one will want your window seat.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/Emirates_Airlines_Airbus_A380.php

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

No, the back quarter should be economy on most A380’s however Seat Guru says otherwise for Emirates. Ask at check in if Premium is available & you can get an upgrade for a small fee, maybe £100 which is worth it on the big plane. Tbh Emirates has really low loads during the summer so you might get a whole row to yourself so book wisely eg book an aisle & middle H & J seats & hopefully no one will want your window seat.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/Emirates_Airlines_Airbus_A380.php

Cheers , our priority has always to get an aisle and middle seat .  Lucky last time there was no one at the window. Made a huge difference 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cheers , our priority has always to get an aisle and middle seat .  Lucky last time there was no one at the window. Made a huge difference 

I always go for an aisle. I hate annoying pax getting up to go to the toilet or a drink & I hate pressing the call button.

I’m 6ft & an aisle seat on a 4+ flight really makes a difference even if there is an IFE box underneath the seat in front.

Unless I’m in upper or first of course.

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I always go for an aisle. I hate annoying pax getting up to go to the toilet or a drink & I hate pressing the call button.

I’m 6ft & an aisle seat on a 4+ flight really makes a difference even if there is an IFE box underneath the seat in front. Then the OH can spread out & sleep on me whilst I have a couple more bloody mary’s & watch shite films.

Unless I’m in upper or first of course.

Edited by Bisque
Not sure what happened here

10 hours ago, Bisque said:

Keep an eye on your emails on the days leading up to your flight too, my last 2 flights with Emirates on an A380 I’ve been offered Business for just over £200 pp. Cannot express how good it is - a full pod thing to yourself that collapses into a proper bed, it’s a game changer on long haul flights. Oh and there’s a full on bar upstairs that is all a bit surreal. Not sure if you’ll be in the right state for the bottomless ale after your week on the farm though. 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

These days I always go for an exit row seat (close to the gallery, not the toilets). For me, that’s the sweet spot. I’m 6’2” and I struggle with the legroom in regular seats on an 8 hour followed by 12 hour flight. Although exit row seats are always narrower, the leg room, no recline in front and easy access to aisle even when on a window seat can’t be beaten. It beats premium and business for value, imo. 

Then it becomes a choice of airline for exit row expense. I’m in the UK for Christmas and we travelled with Cathay for the first time. Not a bad airline but their exit row premium is insane. Singapore are less than half the cost so I’ll try with them for June. Prices seem to be pretty good at the moment so hoping to bag a purchase in the new year. 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

These days I always go for an exit row seat (close to the gallery, not the toilets). For me, that’s the sweet spot. I’m 6’2” and I struggle with the legroom in regular seats on an 8 hour followed by 12 hour flight. Although exit row seats are always narrower, the leg room, no recline in front and easy access to aisle even when on a window seat can’t be beaten. It beats premium and business for value, imo.

Do you even get issues with noisey families/babies on flights in those seats? They tend to take the row on the bulkhead in between the exit row seats.

If you ask nicely and it is quiet it has been known for economy passengers to gain access to the bar usually reserved for business or first. The new lounge area on Virgin’s A350’s is brilliant.