What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

23 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I just assumed you supported someone like Charlton or the bubble blowers - we'll talk it over a pint at the meet next year.

How's the running going? I really want to sign up to the Achill half marathon in the West of Ireland where my G'dad lives, but the problem is it is the first weekend in July post carnage, not a chance.

Nah, live in London but born and bred Brummie, I can sometimes be spotted running in SE London in my Baggies top.

Running’s going alright ta, doing the Brum Half on Sunday but then planning to cut down due to impending baby. Might do Brighton in Feb but undecided yet.

Good luck doing anything the week after Glasto, I can barely manage getting off the sofa that week.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nah, live in London but born and bred Brummie, I can sometimes be spotted running in SE London in my Baggies top.

Running’s going alright ta, doing the Brum Half on Sunday but then planning to cut down due to impending baby. Might do Brighton in Feb but undecided yet.

Good luck doing anything the week after Glasto, I can barely manage getting off the sofa that week.

yeah? where's your ends? Brummie living in Dublin here - S/T holder of the Vile for 15/16 years since I was 10.

Smashing, few I know are doing it then I imagine straight into the Spotted Dog for the black stuff - I've done a few 10s, most I've done in training is 18 mark so want to get a half ticked off next year.

Best of luck with, and congrats on HJ Jnr II mucka

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

yeah? where's your ends? Brummie living in Dublin here - S/T holder of the Vile for 15/16 years since I was 10.

Smashing, few I know are doing it then I imagine straight into the Spotted Dog for the black stuff - I've done a few 10s, most I've done in training is 18 mark so want to get a half ticked off next year.

Best of luck with, and congrats on HJ Jnr II mucka

Grew up in Castle Brom but my parents live over in Sutton these days. How about you?

Cheers for the good wishes, signed up to it ages ago and it’s kind of crept up on me. If you can do 18 you can easily run a half.

15 minutes ago, CJTM said:

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cheers for the good wishes, signed up to it ages ago and it’s kind of crept up on me. If you can do 18 you can easily run a half.

Seconded.  Did my first half a couple of weeks ago, furthest I'd done previously was 10 miles / 16.5km.  You'll be fine.

Only tip I'd give from my experience is don't get all bertie big bollocks and assume you can significantly up your pace beyond what you've been training at on race day.  That was a harsh lesson :lol:

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Grew up in Castle Brom but my parents live over in Sutton these days. How about you?

Handsworth when young, then moved over Great Barr/KS border, essentially Streetly but not posho enough to rub shoulders with...

Yeah I know, if I haven't by the time eFests meets come around, give me an Aussie style booting

Does anyone have any advice about walking boots? I've been looking around in the sale and it seems to me that a cheap pair, without price reduction, is about £70 and an expensive pair is about £135. I was thinking of getting a, reduced expensive, pair in the sales sometime. Because of all the walking involved. Does anyone have any advice on what pair to consider buying and whether it's worth spending that much on a pair of walking boots, just for a festival??

2 minutes ago, stt11 said:

Does anyone have any advice about walking boots? I've been looking around in the sale and it seems to me that a cheap pair, without price reduction, is about £70 and an expensive pair is about £135. I was thinking of getting a, reduced expensive, pair in the sales sometime. Because of all the walking involved. Does anyone have any advice on what pair to consider buying and whether it's worth spending that much on a pair of walking boots, just for a festival??

id be very surprised if anyone on here doesnt own any just for Glastonbury Items ...... ive got my suncream :) ... doesnt help with walking boots but hey :) 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I got a Trespass pair for £35 reduced from £120 and they're great. They have lots in the clearance here - https://www.trespass.com/men/footwear/walking-boots/brands/trespass

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, stt11 said:

Don’t buy expensive boots unless you do a lot of trekking, or are planning to climb everest??, wait for go outdoors to have a sale and go in and try a few boots on, boots must fit and be comfortable, blisters are caused by movement so make sure whatever you buy fits snuggly, buy a few months before G, wear them in and remember to do your laces up properly.

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2019 at 5:53 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Hi ?

Just wanted to say I grew up on Castle Vale and now live in Sutton. I'm also a villa fan. 

I don't run though. Good luck in the rain today! 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Provisionally Booked three nights in Glastonbury town prior to the festival a while ago hoping that we got tickets. Got the tickets so confirmed the booking, gonna be a good one! Means just a short journey to the site rather than the long drive and straight into the festival. 

I really wish I'd thought of this but I honestly didn't think I'd get one. Currently considering asking one of my London based friends if I can sleep on their sofa the night before, still a treck but probably not as much as coming from The North. 

3 minutes ago, Sargey Babes said:

I really wish I'd thought of this but I honestly didn't think I'd get one. Currently considering asking one of my London based friends if I can sleep on their sofa the night before, still a treck but probably not as much as coming from The North. 

We are staying at the premier inn at bridgewater the night before, it was only £50 in advance, aim is to get up at about 5 ish and get to site for about half 6

4 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I've been looking at cool boxes today. MaxCold or Similar. Like the idea of cold drinks on Sunday. 

I got this last year and it kept stuff cool until Sunday, https://www.coleman.eu/uk/p-26338-50qt-xtreme-wheeled-cooler.aspx. I'm looking at selling it i as it's too big for our needs. If you are interested?

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

We are staying at the premier inn at bridgewater the night before, it was only £50 in advance, aim is to get up at about 5 ish and get to site for about half 6

Not a bad idea, I might look at doing something similar, that said I think I'm just doing some Sunday night psyching myself up, I'll probably have totally different travel plans by the time it rolls around. 

2 hours ago, Sargey Babes said:

Check out the premier inn and travelodge in Glastonbury. You most likely won’t get Tuesday night but we are doing Saturday to Tuesday then a late drive to the car park and wait for gates opening!  Last year the bbc had block booked the premier inn for their staff, from Tuesday night until the Monday. so we were told . 

On 10/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, dotdash79 said:

I got this last year and it kept stuff cool until Sunday, https://www.coleman.eu/uk/p-26338-50qt-xtreme-wheeled-cooler.aspx. I'm looking at selling it i as it's too big for our needs. If you are interested?

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I've not settled on what I want yet, need to see some more in the flesh (no idea how big e.g. 28 quart is for example). Once I've decided I might drop you a line to see if still available.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, Sargey Babes said:

Not a bad idea, I might look at doing something similar, that said I think I'm just doing some Sunday night psyching myself up, I'll probably have totally different travel plans by the time it rolls around. 

We stayed at the Premier Inn in Frome a few years back, about half an hour from the site. Drove straight from there to the car park without encountering a single queue, easiest journey ever. Definitely a fan of getting close to site the night before, makes for a lovely morning journey.