What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

10 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm investigating options to work 2020 through some contacts, Previously I have been reluctant to go down this route but if it happens it's sort of a golden ticket to pretty much guarantee future years too, so I'm applying.

I'm not shy to work as I've done that in a smaller festival for years, however Glastonbury always seemed sacrosanct but it's primarily brought on by fears over ticket day.

Last Glasto ticket I bought was in 1987 as I was able to volunteer for the WBC in 1988 { it took me two years to get in as their previous rules barred me from joining } - it certainly did not have anything to do with ticket availability as tickets at that time were not a issue and there was no mad rush to buy them - as soon as I became a volunteer it never entered my head to ever be a Ticket holder again -

As long as I am fit I have a place and have already planned my Team for 2020. Once you get into it you will see what I am on about so you may end up not having to worry about ticket day.

to-87.thumb.jpg.0ae4c6e49f3d06fc8d92c5115df22540.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

Last Glasto ticket I bought was in 1987 as I was able to volunteer for the WBC in 1988 { it took me two years to get in as their previous rules barred me from joining } - it certainly did not have anything to do with ticket availability as tickets at that time were not a issue and there was no mad rush to buy them - as soon as I became a volunteer it never entered my head to ever be a Ticket holder again -

As long as I am fit I have a place and have already planned my Team for 2020. Once you get into it you will see what I am on about so you may end up not having to worry about ticket day.

I agree, my thinking partly inspired by yours - and others - posts, the most stressful part of my year is now ticket day (Yes, I know, I lead a sheltered life!). The small festival I've worked for 7 years I work almost endlessly and love being part of an awesome, dedicated team. I also want to give something back to Glastonbury, and also hope to continue my Worthy Warrior efforts come what may.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I agree, my thinking partly inspired by yours - and others - posts, the most stressful part of my year is now ticket day (Yes, I know, I lead a sheltered life!). The small festival I've worked for 7 years I work almost endlessly and love being part of an awesome, dedicated team. I also want to give something back to Glastonbury, and also hope to continue my Worthy Warrior efforts come what may.

well I have missed all the prior registration and all the online tickets days - when I was buying tickets there was never any question about not getting a ticket as it was so easy to show up at the CND Office { in Old Street } and amazingly people did not even have to buy them in advance as they used to sell them in that little Garden shed { very close to where the red dot is } - I would never go as a ticket holder again as I am spoiled by all the facilities that come with working with the WBC .

Best night this year was slipping out of the Crew Camp and going to another Crew bar {The Tow and Hitch} with most of my Team on the Tuesday and by the time we got back the rest of the Team had arrived and set their tents up so another excuse to have another drink !!!!

en.thumb.jpg.056a742f0b8b6e5f5dfec6ac68a4fcd1.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

well I have missed all the prior registration and all the online tickets days - when I was buying tickets there was never any question about not getting a ticket as it was so easy to show up at the CND Office { in Old Street } and amazingly people did not even have to buy them in advance as they used to sell them in that little Garden shed { very close to where the red dot is } - I would never go as a ticket holder again as I am spoiled by all the facilities that come with working with the WBC .

Best night this year was slipping out of the Crew Camp and going to another Crew bar {The Tow and Hitch} with most of my Team on the Tuesday and by the time we got back the rest of the Team had arrived and set their tents up so another excuse to have another drink !!!!

en.thumb.jpg.056a742f0b8b6e5f5dfec6ac68a4fcd1.jpg

WHich bars do you normally work ? I loved the Tow and Hitch this year, one of my top crew bars of the ones we frequented :-) , such a lovely vibe and the fire kept me warm for a few hours :-)

On 9/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

WHich bars do you normally work ? I loved the Tow and Hitch this year, one of my top crew bars of the ones we frequented ? , such a lovely vibe and the fire kept me warm for a few hours ?

Because of my long service with the WBC I am allowed to pick which Bar my team works in so roughly 10 years ago I decided to shift back to the WBC Crew bar { that I first worked in the late 80's } but over the years I have worked in most of the larger bars - its worked out well as due to a artery bypass in 2017 I cant walk far { hence the walking stick } so its very handy working in the WBC Crew area as I only need to walk a few feet + our Catering Company shares the same tent so never need to miss a meal - We don't normally use other Crew Bars but I wanted to see the CO-OP which I knew was close to the Tow and Hitch - this shot was taking on the Tuesday.We went to it a few times as our Crew camp is near Gate D so close enough to reach.

2019-96128_o.thumb.jpg.1d1c8e7dc0719e76842a55964a08b049.jpg

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Because of my long service with the WBC I am allowed to pick which Bar my team works in so roughly 10 years ago I decided to shift back to the WBC Crew bar { that I first worked in the late 80's } but over the years I have worked in most of the larger bars - its worked out well as due to a artery bypass in 2017 I cant walk far { hence the walking stick } so its very handy working in the WBC Crew area as I only need to walk a few feet + our Catering Company shares the same tent so never need to miss a meal - We don't normally use other Crew Bars but I wanted to see the CO-OP which I knew was close to the Tow and Hitch - this shot was taking on the Tuesday.We went to it a few times as our Crew camp is near Gate D so close enough to reach.

The guy next to you in the blue shorts met him on the Saturday outside the acoustic stage waiting for Hawkwind, he’s a sound bloke.

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Cool photo, I bet some stories could be told around that table, I loved the tow and hithc before the festival started (didn;t go in there afterwards :-)) - thanks for sharing

16 hours ago, Steveb72 said:

The guy next to you in the blue shorts met him on the Saturday outside the acoustic stage waiting for Hawkwind, he’s a sound bloke.

Yes he is - he is called Chris - Chris is not on my team but as it was so crowded that night we were sitting at three separate tables and we were just about to move some over when Chris walked past and spotted me.He is on efest so he may spot this thread.

12 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Cool photo, I bet some stories could be told around that table, I loved the tow and hithc before the festival started (didn;t go in there afterwards :-)) - thanks for sharing

we did go back during the event and one time I was able to get up to the Observation platform - gave a cracking view of that field.We will certainly go back next year although we are planning arriving on the Monday so it gives us more time to explore and I know that this year it was less crowded on the Monday compared to the Tuesday... 

1 hour ago, DickButkis said:

Aye, gazebos can be quite frowned upon these days, depending where you're staying on the site.