What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I cant believe the forum kept you sane :) what were we up to ? :) 

Interviewing illegal gold miners in the Amazon.... but mostly being quite lonely, wondering what the fuck I was doing there and realising how difficult I'd made my fieldwork. And stitching an Alice in Wonderland costume for Glastonbury, much to the confusion of my interpreter who clearly thought I was bonkers!

It really did keep me sane! I think the distraction was nice. And finding other people who were as excited as me. In January in the jungle I was super excited about June because it was something to look forward to, but id text my Glastonbury crew in the UK and they had real life shit to busy themselves with. Then to divert my enthusiasm, one of them pointed me towards the forums sections of efestivals.....

:) 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Booked the premier inn for a few days pre festival. It’s sold out from the Wednesday onwards. Seems the bbc takes it over. That’s what happened this year. If I don’t get festival tickets will probably still come down to be close to the site! 

I've always assumed this, fully booked phenomena, was down to the BBC. I book the odd room and have similar trouble. They seem to book all the rooms, immediately. They seem do this, quite early. They seem to do it at a certain point around ticket sale day. I think the actual moment of this, mass booking, has varied from year to year. But this seems to be more or less what they do. I think the best thing to do in this circumstance is to wait for the BBC to cancel the rooms they don't need. Over the years I've noticed some pretty cheap rooms, by this method. Mind you, I only book around the festival date. I camp during the festival.???

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, H.M.V said:

Oh my, I can't think of anything worse than being close but not being able to get onsite. If we don't get tickets I'd be more inclined to go very far away. 

If I have to get used to not getting tickets, I at least want to be doing something else that weekend. I went abroad last year. I went to Rock Werchter in Belgium. The main stage was massive.

I can recall The 1975, in stifling heat. I was trying to walk from one end of the mosh pit to the other - while seeking shade. The area, I was trying to traverse, was so vast, I had to stop for a rest. I got told off for lying down. They said it was too hot and they were worried about people passing out. ?

Got a new (recon) engine put in my campervan.

It very nearly didn't make it to Glasto this year. In the queue to get in first the oil light came on (low oil pressure) and then it was over-heating. It overheated when I hit a bit of traffic on the way home too. Since then it sprang a new engine-block water-leak which are ultimately fatal for these engines so it had to be done.

My fingers are firmly crossed now that the new engine is good and not a lemon (should be OK, the recon peeps have a good rep).

I have hidden in a large, enough, cardboard box, watching, and waiting. Hopefully through this rather stifled like state, lost, in the corner of a Post Office sorting room, I can weather the storm of not actually being at the festival. It's all going according to plan, so far, although I must confess to a little worry about the carbon monoxide build up, right now.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have hidden in a large, enough, cardboard box, watching, and waiting. Hopefully through this rather stifled like state, lost, in the corner of a Post Office sorting room, I can weather the storm of not actually being at the festival. It's all going according to plan, so far, although I must confess to a little worry about the carbon monoxide build up, right now.

do you have a twix to keep you going?

Bought a new computer. I got my current laptop shortly before it helped me secure my first ever Glastonbury ticket in 2014, so it’s just turned five years old. It still works but it’s started to slow up a bit, so I’m replacing it with a much more powerful desktop tower, which I’m hoping will deliver next month. 

On 9/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, THEBOILERMAN said:

Went on to the BT website for the 9:00 am super early bird tickets this morning (£20 cheaper) and managed to get 2 tics before they sold out at 9:02........... good practice for T-Day :)  

On 9/7/2019 at 9:37 AM, dotdash79 said:

Same here, the adrenaline pumping but stayed cool.

I was at work but I’d primed my mate to get the tickets, she got the early birds and said it felt like Tday. Bloody love that festival. 

I'm investigating options to work 2020 through some contacts, Previously I have been reluctant to go down this route but if it happens it's sort of a golden ticket to pretty much guarantee future years too, so I'm applying.

I'm not shy to work as I've done that in a smaller festival for years, however Glastonbury always seemed sacrosanct but it's primarily brought on by fears over ticket day.

9 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

They just needed to have a holding page and it would be like tday. 

Not been to BT before, but looks great. 

I've only been to the last 2 and I love it as much as Glastonbury... For very different reasons. It's really well organised, it's small enough to get around but big enough to always have something to do/see. The atmosphere is just lovely. And the line up is always spot on and released early so you can investigate new bands. I'm sure you'll love it as much as the rest of us.

• Upvote 1

I ordered internet for my new house ?

Went into EE and he was talking about their three download packages (normal, fibre optic or fibre optic plus) and had a little table showing the relative download speeds for movies etc

"I don't watch films....but which one of these will secure me Glastonbury tickets?"

"Oh. Definitely get the plus"

Worth it for only £3 extra a month I think!