What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

15 hours ago, Quark said:

Pretty certain (at the very least hopeful) that it's not just me with an eye on this one, so I'll make a start.

Went in this year with little or no musical prep, and it definitely caused my some challenges on planning my days. Plus it's always nice when you see an act to be able to recognise / sing along to a few tracks. So:

Started a VERY early playlist of Neil's rumoured acts

Started going through gig listings to try and catch some new bands ahead of next year

Already struck through some of the items on this year's packing list that I really don't need for next year.

And as a complete aside, found this little gem when checking when the 2019 thread started:

Care to comment @Hugh Jass? :D

as the starter of the 2019 thread... and subsequently not getting a ticket in the sale, resale, secret resale, competitions, volunteering slot... I feel it might carry with it a curse!

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

Made the decision to go. It’s a big deal for me. It costs thousands and takes up over two weeks of annual leave, but gives me opportunity to spend time in my home land in the sun (hopefully) and with my parents before and after. Every year it gets tougher on me though. 

Next year is my girlfriend’s 40th. I’ve promised to try and get tickets and spending money as a birthday present. I’m nervous as fuck about what she’ll think of Glasto. She’s not precious at all, but I know that the toilet situation, at least, will confront her. Fingers crossed she’ll love it. 

I intend for next year to be the last for a little while - perhaps until after the next fallow year, so we can spend time holidaying more locally. 

Re: toilets; I’ve had cause to visit a few loos in supermarkets over the last week (nothing sinister) but found them much more grim & smelly than Glasto loos. Think Glasto & the loo crew have really upped their game this year...

13 hours ago, carlosj said:

There's a house on Pylle Lane 

IMG_20190701_153053.jpg

Long walk home each night though for this one

12 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Just checked, that's all yours. This is the one next to the church, bloody lovely. 

20160723_165835.jpg

This on the other hand is 6 mins from the villagers gate. Unfortunately not for sale. Their dog comes to visit us regularly. Just pops in and rolls on the carpet for a bit before snuggling down for a snooze. We then put him on a lead and take him back. His owners don’t seem worried that he has escaped and crossed a very busy road to get to us.

B374F8FF-B387-42B2-88AD-D105C0D92451.jpeg.07486a4770f3713cb313fc8d06e1633a.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

This on the other hand is 6 mins from the villagers gate. Unfortunately not for sale. Their dog comes to visit us regularly. Just pops in and rolls on the carpet for a bit before snuggling down for a snooze. We then put him on a lead and take him back. His owners don’t seem worried that he has escaped and crossed a very busy road to get to us.

That's amazing. Worth living in Pilton just for dog visitors (and the festival I guess). 

I very sadly won't be able to attend next year as my friend has decided the Saturday of glastonbury is the perfect day to get married. Unless radiohead play, then glasto wins. 

So instead I've been looking at alternative festivals that Mr Barkley can come to with me for once. However Mr Barkley will only stay in B&Bs / hotels etc, so it's proving difficult. I hear Bearded Theory is good though, and only 90 mins from where I live. 

30 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

If I could afford that house, I'd be able to afford to move it to the HoD over gate C.

I'm starting to think Pilton is just a place run by and for dogs. It's a shame they're then excluded from the festival that they are obviously organising.

I’m trying not to get too excited as i’m really paranoid about tempting fate RE tickets, but i’m also unable to help myself and have already; decided on a tent upgrade for next year, chosen which coach location to try for as i moved out of London just before this year’s festival and it was a right pain getting to the 02, and i’ve told everyone with even a smidge of an interest in going next year that I really didn’t enjoy this year’s fest?

1 hour ago, barkley87 said:

I very sadly won't be able to attend next year as my friend has decided the Saturday of glastonbury is the perfect day to get married. Unless radiohead play, then glasto wins. 

So instead I've been looking at alternative festivals that Mr Barkley can come to with me for once. However Mr Barkley will only stay in B&Bs / hotels etc, so it's proving difficult. I hear Bearded Theory is good though, and only 90 mins from where I live. 

Bearded Theory is brilliant! 

I’m not confident, I’ve always managed to get them in one sale or another but feel this year my luck may run out.. but I’m working on the theory that my mates have never got tickets so by the law of averages one of them has to get through at some point. I’ll definitely be all guns blazing for the coach sale onwards though.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

The idea that dogs just wander over to see people on a whim does make the suggestion that Pilton/The Festival is run by our doggy overlords seem just that bit more plausible.

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

I've shared this picture as loads of pals on Facebook were talking about getting tickets for next year. ? Sunday 2016. 

FB_IMG_1562422520479.jpg

Stellar work. Next year will be the hardest to get tickets I think. 

Glorious sun, headliners who nailed it and the 50th anniversary means it’ll appeal to a lot of people. 

17 hours ago, George Zip said:

Fretted about the possibility of not getting tickets. I shall continue to do so for the next few months until the big day.

This ⬆️

I’ve had several people tell me they’d like to go. I’m not encouraging them that’s for sure...

The one with plenty of readies and expensive tastes has already been given links to hospitality.

I’m prepared to work if necessary