What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

After enthusiastically telling Glastonbury tales to a couple of work colleagues, I've toned this down somewhat. Admittedly it was a precarious balancing act, targetting specific colleagues who I though had little interest, until my boss muttered that he may be tempted by next year's 50th celebrations.

'Oooh, can you imagine who they might book next year. I might have to get a ticket just in case'.

The silence that followed was deafening.

I'm more or less reconciled to not getting a ticket for next year. I don't know why really but I think probably because I didn't get a sniff at getting on to the page on coach sale day, general sale day nor either of the resale days. I only attended this year due to the kindness os strangers. And it seems that the world and his wife wants to go next year. And I think the only time I can go on holiday this year includes ticket day. So I am thinking of researching a back up festival to attend.

I know nothing would be as good but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Bearded Theory so will be pleased if I can find somewhere else as good as that for later in the year. Any suggestions?  I'm wondering about Green Man or End of the Road but would prefer something earlier really.

Just now, Beerqueen said:

I'm more or less reconciled to not getting a ticket for next year. I don't know why really but I think probably because I didn't get a sniff at getting on to the page on coach sale day, general sale day nor either of the resale days. I only attended this year due to the kindness os strangers. And it seems that the world and his wife wants to go next year. And I think the only time I can go on holiday this year includes ticket day. So I am thinking of researching a back up festival to attend.

I know nothing would be as good but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Bearded Theory so will be pleased if I can find somewhere else as good as that for later in the year. Any suggestions?  I'm wondering about Green Man or End of the Road but would prefer something earlier really.

stay positive :) ... only time ive struggled this year but same story as you ... those kind strangers aren't going anywhere :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Beautiful Days is a beaut 

• Upvote 1

Put in place my ticket sale plan of action, which involves trying for coach tickets when out of the country with work and arriving back in the UK at 6am on ticket Sunday. As the one who’s been successful the past few times in our group, I’m absolutely bricking it.

Doing a lot of wishing and hoping, getting myself re-acquainted with these boards after pressing pause on attending in 2013. Trepidation for t-day is already present, I didn't get a sniff on either t-days for this years festival and it felt a bit cheeky to ask here or twisto for help when I've mostly been a lurker the past couple of years . it probably didn't help that I was on a train for the main event due to birthday celebrations for the mothership. Probably will wait till t-day is announced to plan celebrations for her this year so I know what specific Sunday to avoid making travel plans. 

9 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Still pondering getting a hospitality package for 2020!

I just can't deal with not getting tickets and don't want to be unlucky on Tday and then it be too late! 

I'll think it over for another few weeks, I think deposits are usually before Tday 

Tickets were still available after the resale, but I guess there was more limited choice?

No training here.. just probably getting a new keyboard ? 

I won't work the festival . I go to enjoy it in it's entirety so couldn't focus on working enough to give it my all.

On Wednesday it had crossed my mind about some super inflated hospitality package , but in reality I survived being ticketless and probably wouldn't feel too good about spending serious money on anything remotely borderline ridiculous and I can't afford it either 

So for me it's down to Lady Luck again.. it worked before so who knows ... if not I'll be in heart break thread again 

Trying to convince myself it would be a good idea to go for my 40th with kids and wife in tow that I will be able to resist the temptation and (generally) behave myself  and not repeat my performance of last festival in UK 10+ years ago when bumped into an old friend and went out for a couple of pints in the night when wife put the baby to bed in the camper van and we we came crawling back around 7am shells of men.

4 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Looked at houses in Pilton to ensure a ticket (this requires lottery win, but we've agreed buying in Pilton is the first thing we'd do with the money)

Started "reaching out" to other committed souls to get ticket buying groups sorted

Trying to find friends of friends who live in catchment area for locals allocation tickets sale tickets, wondering if I can legitimately move in with them and register at their address

Pondering volunteering opportunities to ensure tickets

Basically, gone big on "I missed out this year, mitigate mitigate mitigate"

There's a house on Pylle Lane I'm buying with my future winnings, please ignore that side of the festival.

What I've done to get ready :

Drink cider.

Sew a new water bottle bag so I don't need a rucksack.

Paint the new trolley to stop rust.

IMG_20190701_153053.jpg

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

There's a house on Pylle Lane I'm buying with my future winnings, please ignore that side of the festival.

What I've done to get ready :

Drink cider.

Sew a new water bottle bag so I don't need a rucksack.

Paint the new trolley to stop rust.

IMG_20190701_153053.jpg

I’d be quite happy with the garden shed on that one .. it probably has its own postcode anyway :) 

19 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Just checked, that's all yours. This is the one next to the church, bloody lovely. 

20160723_165835.jpg

Lovely! Is that in Pilton? Can I drop in sometimes?

Yeah, once the lottery win is done this weekend* just pop in whenever, we're next door to the Church, on  Shop Lane

* In the unlikely event we don't win the lottery, the actual owner might still live there. If that's the case, they might not be expecting you. 

Sat in a nice field with the wife in the forest.. Only a few yappy dogs to spoil thr silence but I might go kill them in the night.. 

Peace.. And.... Quiet 

Init 

Oo this is my none glastonbury training 

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If I say I'm taking 2020 off it might increase my chances of getting a ticket....

I’m starting to think I should retire after the 50th next year.  

Bow out before i start not enjoying it as much and am just going out of routine.

Made the decision to go. It’s a big deal for me. It costs thousands and takes up over two weeks of annual leave, but gives me opportunity to spend time in my home land in the sun (hopefully) and with my parents before and after. Every year it gets tougher on me though. 

Next year is my girlfriend’s 40th. I’ve promised to try and get tickets and spending money as a birthday present. I’m nervous as fuck about what she’ll think of Glasto. She’s not precious at all, but I know that the toilet situation, at least, will confront her. Fingers crossed she’ll love it. 

I intend for next year to be the last for a little while - perhaps until after the next fallow year, so we can spend time holidaying more locally. 

• Upvote 1