What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

Pretty certain (at the very least hopeful) that it's not just me with an eye on this one, so I'll make a start.

Went in this year with little or no musical prep, and it definitely caused my some challenges on planning my days. Plus it's always nice when you see an act to be able to recognise / sing along to a few tracks. So:

Started a VERY early playlist of Neil's rumoured acts

Started going through gig listings to try and catch some new bands ahead of next year

Already struck through some of the items on this year's packing list that I really don't need for next year.

And as a complete aside, found this little gem when checking when the 2019 thread started:

Care to comment @Hugh Jass? :D

Still pondering getting a hospitality package for 2020!

I just can't deal with not getting tickets and don't want to be unlucky on Tday and then it be too late! 

I'll think it over for another few weeks, I think deposits are usually before Tday 

I've already told caravan lady to keep £50 of my security deposit for my deposit for next year. Going to make a big effort to keep up with the new music thread so that I am even more up to date with new stuff.(but need to watch all my iPlayer sets first)

Have already bought some gig tickets for the rest of the year but yes will continue to look at the listings for ones that I can add in. 

Start praying to Gods that I don't even believe exist that I will get a ticket. 

Continue the healthy living lifestyle that I started this year so that fingers crossed next year (if I'm there) I'll be even fitter. 

Going to look into whether there is any mindfulness techniques for blocking out people doing inane chatting during gigs. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Going to look into whether there is any mindfulness techniques for blocking out people doing inane chatting during gigs.

Try joining in. Basically troll their conversations until they shut up :)

4 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Still pondering getting a hospitality package for 2020!

I just can't deal with not getting tickets and don't want to be unlucky on Tday and then it be too late! 

I'll think it over for another few weeks, I think deposits are usually before Tday 

Where are these available from?

The 2 I would even consider (they are still eye wateringly expensive) are Lovefields or Woodland Retreats.

You are still talking I reckon £4k + for a couple staying with them too so I'll see in a month or so if I've come to my senses and realised that's a crazy amount of money to spend on 5 days ! 

Other option is to risk T-day, get a plan together and give myself a decent shot... then if it fails hope that one of the packages has a cancellation but I have to pay all the money anyway. 

FOMO for 2020 is serious!! 

56 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

The 2 I would even consider (they are still eye wateringly expensive) are Lovefields or Woodland Retreats.

You are still talking I reckon £4k + for a couple staying with them too so I'll see in a month or so if I've come to my senses and realised that's a crazy amount of money to spend on 5 days ! 

Other option is to risk T-day, get a plan together and give myself a decent shot... then if it fails hope that one of the packages has a cancellation but I have to pay all the money anyway. 

FOMO for 2020 is serious!! 

I’m out.

Ticket or watching on telly.

Looked at houses in Pilton to ensure a ticket (this requires lottery win, but we've agreed buying in Pilton is the first thing we'd do with the money)

Started "reaching out" to other committed souls to get ticket buying groups sorted

Trying to find friends of friends who live in catchment area for locals allocation tickets sale tickets, wondering if I can legitimately move in with them and register at their address

Pondering volunteering opportunities to ensure tickets

Basically, gone big on "I missed out this year, mitigate mitigate mitigate"

Edited by TheNewUnion

I have instigated a cunning plan to get there, which will of course fail completely, but at least I’m already focused on how to make it happen. 

If miracles happen I’ll divulge my tactics. 

More achievable,  I’m going to be incredibly nice to all my friends so they’ll feel they owe me a favour come October time!

I got the offer last week to work it next year, but it’s combined with doing Reading too which really doesn’t appeal, though they also cover Womad so maybe...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I have instigated a cunning plan to get there, which will of course fail completely, but at least I’m already focused on how to make it happen. 

If miracles happen I’ll divulge my tactics. 

More achievable,  I’m going to be incredibly nice to all my friends so they’ll feel they owe me a favour come October time!

I got the offer last week to work it next year, but it’s combined with doing Reading too which really doesn’t appeal, though they also cover Womad so maybe...

ive a plan too ... Glastonbury cant happen without the Pyramid stage :) 

Since being home I've been throwing my CV around like confetti at the Pyramid stage.  To even consider next's year event I need a job and I need one now.  (shameless beg.. if anyone knows of anything around Lancashire/Manchester... I'll do most things!!) 

1 minute ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Since being home I've been throwing my CV around like confetti at the Pyramid stage.  To even consider next's year event I need a job and I need one now.  (shameless beg.. if anyone knows of anything around Lancashire/Manchester... I'll do most things!!) 

Are you Techie/Telecoms?

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

Looked at houses in Pilton to ensure a ticket (this requires lottery win, but we've agreed buying in Pilton is the first thing we'd do with the money)

Started "reaching out" to other committed souls to get ticket buying groups sorted

Trying to find friends of friends who live in catchment area for locals allocation tickets sale tickets, wondering if I can legitimately move in with them and register at their address

Pondering volunteering opportunities to ensure tickets

Basically, gone big on "I missed out this year, mitigate mitigate mitigate"

If you won the lottery you wouldn’t need a house in Pilton to ensure tickets. A fair wedge sent WaterAid’s way would probably do it.

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Pretty certain (at the very least hopeful) that it's not just me with an eye on this one, so I'll make a start.

Went in this year with little or no musical prep, and it definitely caused my some challenges on planning my days. Plus it's always nice when you see an act to be able to recognise / sing along to a few tracks. So:

Started a VERY early playlist of Neil's rumoured acts

Started going through gig listings to try and catch some new bands ahead of next year

Already struck through some of the items on this year's packing list that I really don't need for next year.

And as a complete aside, found this little gem when checking when the 2019 thread started:

Care to comment @Hugh Jass? :D

While I love this thread a lot, if I start actively planning anything it makes me worry about angering the ticket gods.

However, I am all over planning T-Day. We even started splitting ourselves into teams. My mate who missed this year due to a wedding (the one I was also supposed to go to) made a WhatsApp group on the Sunday morning....was quite a hilarious thing to wake up hungover in my tent to!

yesterday myself and my friend were talking about ticket grouping .... we have been successful the last few years grouping with people on here but next year various people are talking about returning to the fold and a few new ones as well .... ive been quite happy with just the 2 of us for the past few years and entirely selfishly dont want to disrupt this ... its also easier to get tickets for 2 people ... oh well I have until october to decide :)