NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

On 8/18/2020 at 10:07 AM, Quark said:

Can indeed confirm that we made it chez Yeti and HMV last week, and a fine old time was had by all. Proper lovely.

I do love me a good sunset photo, and have to say that I think this might be one of my favourites. View from their back garden over Windermere with a glass of vino.

There is truly no better place. That is the perfect spot for winding down and drinking wine ;)

Also sorry to read your sad news Guy... Much love to you all x

27 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

There is truly no better place. That is the perfect spot for winding down and drinking wine ;)

Yup, that swing seat got a lot of use while we were there!  Sat up there with a chippy tea and a bottle of wine, proper classy :lol:

42 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That would be fantastic!! I can't do Sunday lunch tho as I need to be up, packed and driving back home ready for work the next day. @deebeedoobee do you know the pub thats just outside of Ashcombe farm? I think it's the Apple Tree Inn.. Is that open for lunch? And if so, @lucyginger are you free Friday or Saturday? I arrive 10th Sept and come home on the 13th

The apple tree has a new landlord. No one allowed inside but he has made his car park into a beer garden. No idea if he is doing food. So could be dodgy with the weather.

How about we drive to you and collect you and go to the king Arthur in Glastonbury ? It does great food plus is a great pub with Glastonbury vibes.

Lucy can meet me here in Pilton and we can take her down there with us.

40 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

The apple tree has a new landlord. No one allowed inside but he has made his car park into a beer garden. No idea if he is doing food. So could be dodgy with the weather.

How about we drive to you and collect you and go to the king Arthur in Glastonbury ? It does great food plus is a great pub with Glastonbury vibes.

Lucy can meet me here in Pilton and we can take her down there with us.

That very much sounds like a plan Dee. I may have a friend with me, tho she may want to stay behind. Let me know which day suits. Thank you xx

Sorry to hear about the father in law @guypjfreak

I went camping in Derbyshire last weekend with a bunch of festival camping buddies and a grand time was had by all. So good to catch up with real people that I'd not seen in ages, lots to drink, + additional fun for those that partake, and first time to a pub since lockdown.

More friends coming round on Saturday for beers and chats etc around the fire pit - hoping for dry weather  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Sorry to hear about the father in law @guypjfreak

I went camping in Derbyshire last weekend with a bunch of festival camping buddies and a grand time was had by all. So good to catch up with real people that I'd not seen in ages, lots to drink, + additional fun for those that partake, and first time to a pub since lockdown.

More friends coming round on Saturday for beers and chats etc around the fire pit - hoping for dry weather  

That sounds lovely dude... Was it with some Beardy folk? I'm so looking forward to going to 'Gig in a field' tomorrow. I don't know anyone that is going, but I'm sure I will have friends at the end of it. There's a possibility that Davey Malone is opening it up at 6pm tomorrw. I did ask him a couple of days ago and he denied it, but I have seen a clue of a picture of a ring he wears.

@deebeedoobee I spoke to my mate last night and she would more than like to join us at the King Arthur. I do hope @lucygingercan join us.

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

That sounds lovely dude... Was it with some Beardy folk? I'm so looking forward to going to 'Gig in a field' tomorrow. I don't know anyone that is going, but I'm sure I will have friends at the end of it. There's a possibility that Davey Malone is opening it up at 6pm tomorrw. I did ask him a couple of days ago and he denied it, but I have seen a clue of a picture of a ring he wears.

@deebeedoobee I spoke to my mate last night and she would more than like to join us at the King Arthur. I do hope @lucygingercan join us.

Hi CG, there were a couple of Beardies there but is was mainly ones who go to End of the Road and Rockaway Beach. It was lovely just to meet up with real human beings rather than images on a screen. We took a small firepit and some wood and carried on well into the early hours; the site was very basic (3 fields with a toilet block, an outside sink and a tap for drinking water) and not at all crowded and so we could pitch well away from anybody else.

Enjoy your  'Gig in a field', I checked it out on FB & it looks like fun and organised by some sensible people who have put some thought in to keeping people safe.

Hi all, 

Sorry to hear your news @guypjfreak but also good to read some positive stuff about your granddaughter. 

Also, great to see some people meeting up.

My youngest daughter turned 3 yesterday - as you know it's been a turbulent few years. I tried to find that post I wrote way back when she was first born and we had to live in a hospice for her but I couldn't find it. She is testament to the fighting spirit of life, and a daily reminder that there can be light in the darkness (apologies for how cliché that sounds).

Take care all, and keep soldiering on. 🤟

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hi all, 

Sorry to hear your news @guypjfreak but also good to read some positive stuff about your granddaughter. 

Also, great to see some people meeting up.

My youngest daughter turned 3 yesterday - as you know it's been a turbulent few years. I tried to find that post I wrote way back when she was first born and we had to live in a hospice for her but I couldn't find it. She is testament to the fighting spirit of life, and a daily reminder that there can be light in the darkness (apologies for how cliché that sounds).

Take care all, and keep soldiering on. 🤟

Thanks old son.. Back at ya.. Good days bad days take them on cos the good days fucking make it worth while.. 

Big love to you and your family old son 

Ps 

Happy birthday to ya babe mate xx

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1

We are now back from being in a field with beer and live music. 3 stage event at Glastonbury Abbey, 1700 punters with 15 odd acts. I didn't realise how much it was missed or what it meant to me until about half way through the first set. I think we needed to be back in that environment again, it was irrelevant that the acts were not international superstars, it was live music in an outdoor setting. Quite emotional really. The bands all said how much playing again meant to them after 6 months lock down.

I needed that more that I realised. LIfe is coming back people, keep the faith.

Edited by pilton digger
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

We are now back from being in a field with beer and live music. 3 stage event at Glastonbury Abbey, 1700 punters with 15 odd acts. I didn't realise how much it was missed or what it meant to me until about half way through the first set. I think we needed to be back in that environment again, it was irrelevant that the acts were not international superstars, it was live music in an outdoor setting. Quite emotional really. The bands all said how much playing again meant to them after 6 months lock down.

I know what you mean. I spent 2 nights in a field camping with festival friends and it took me until I cracked the first can to realise how much I was missing it. 

God - how I'm missing live music. 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:17 PM, pilton digger said:

Just this!! I saw a post from Funke this morning about playing at Glastonbury Abbey, and I know of a few people that went. It appears that some people down the front didn't 100% abide by the social distancing rules, but mostly it was good. And it needs to be good more of the time for these small events to continue. I too was in my happy place, Gig in a field was just amazing. We had Davey Malone, Ramble Gamble and Jake Martin all do accoustic sets on the Thursday night. Then on Friday we had Scarlett Rose (13 years old and already owns the stage), Brad Dear, Ryan Brooke (From Ferocious dog), B-Sydes, Warren Ireland, Jake Martin and Maelor Hughes & Dom. It was so wonderful they are putting Wroot rocks - gig in a field 2 on. Unfortunately it was the weekend I was coming down to Ashcombe farm, so I have had to cancel that. I am so excited to be back to 'festivals' even if there is nothing more than a few bands in the side of a lorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Intense Manchestery weather in Leeds today. The goldfinches and blue tits have all fledged successfully. Glass Animals are on the turntable, tea's in the eFests mug. Small spots of sun in these grey days. Warm handshakes y'all.

3 hours ago, carlosj said:

Intense Manchestery weather in Leeds today. The goldfinches and blue tits have all fledged successfully. Glass Animals are on the turntable, tea's in the eFests mug. Small spots of sun in these grey days. Warm handshakes y'all.

Hello carlosj,

I need help. I read the line 'Glass Animals are on the turntable' and thought along the lines of something like these two being on the turntable;

image.jpeg.858441c15e07884f1c06762110a994b6.jpeg

I now know that that is not the case. I'm also aware that help is out there, but I've first got to admit that I have a problem, and then take direct action in dealing with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello carlosj,

I need help. I read the line 'Glass Animals are on the turntable' and thought along the lines of something like these two being on the turntable;

I now know that that is not the case. I'm also aware that help is out there, but I've first got to admit that I have a problem, and then take direct action in dealing with it.

I can empathise. I heard a track by The Nude Party yesterday and need to be really careful ordering it in store....

On 9/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello carlosj,

My mother used to have a collection of glass animals. I've never been able to work out whether she collected them or whether we (as kids) thought she collected them and kept buying them for her as presents.

However once we had all grown up and left home the "collection" mysteriously disappeared - I think I've answered my own question.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I hope it all went okay at the hospital Guy but it's a real shame about the bands.

No old son I've put the bands back on.. Never off for longer than it needs fir the hospital.. In this case a few days.. There you go all back on lol 

There quite a few there lolol 

16009828030382114334395.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 2