NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi CG, about time this thread had a bump.

Great news about your house I hope you find the house of your dreams soon.

I don't think anybody was surprised about Bearded; we're all hoping for festivals to return next year - I think we'll be in a proper mess if they cant. Flaming Lips are confirmed for Womad next year, so they'll still be touring and maybe you'll catch them somewhere.

Join us at the virtual meet on Friday if you're around.

@Curlygirl this :) 

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Art'noon all. It's all a bit strange in the world innit? Bearded Theory was cancelled on Thursday, all to be expected but a bit more upsetting when I realised they hadn't secured The Flaming Lips for next years festival. That night was going to be my festival highlight of the year, I had totally bigged it up :)

So instead of being away all summer, I had decided to sort my house out and get it on the market. It only went and sold in 6 days so I am soon to be homeless haha. My friend who I festival with a lot has said I can move in with her and split the rent until I find my perfect home so that's good.

I stuck some tents up in the garden for Glastonbury weekend, and had an efests visitor in the name of Mr Gumby! It certainly took the pain away from the forced fallow. What have you all been up to? Any life changing epiphanies? 

Belated birthday wishes LugyG, I'm sure i wished you well on the book of face xx

Hello Curlygirl,

Congratulations on selling the house in only 6 days, and therefore, presumably, at the price you wanted. I once lived in a single room, with shared facilities, for over a year when looking for my next house. The room that I was in wasn't much wider and longer than the single mattress that was in there. However, I knew that a house would have to 'jump out at me' and say ' This one's an earner'. So, a little after a year of watching while in those claustrophobic conditions, the right house jumped out. I knew that it was a sound well built 1930's property, and also that it was being offered at roughly £30K below that which it should have been on the market for. To cut a long storey short, I managed to buy the property at just £500 over what they had put it on the market for. I then did up the property and sold it for twice what I paid for it years later. What I'm trying to say is when you are looking for a new house, look for a house in a bad condition on a good road, not a house in good condition on a bad road. That way, if / when you find one, any hard work you put into it will pay off. Happy house hunting.

9 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Missing the fields this weekend 

Missing fields.. Just as its OK for us to move so it's back to babysitting.. O the irony lolololol and then the new forest council decide to close ALL camp sites.. I mean wtf.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to a gig! It's being put on by the Ey Up Mi Duck and Wroot rocks people Neil and Amber Sanderson. There will be no facilities... bring your own booze and food. It's held in The Nook campsite in Doncaster. The stage is in a truck, and there will only be 2 portaloos for those of us camping. Anyone with their own toilet facilites (Campervans and caravans) are asked to use their own. And we have all had to agree to strict social distancing rules before being allowed to buy tickets. It was sold out but Neil has very kindly said he will fit me in. I am beyond excited :party: This time last year I would have probably turned my nose up at such an event! Oh how times have changed haha.

How are you all? I'm still working heaps and saving up Time Off In Lieu for next year (praying things will have a semblance of normality by then, tho I doubt it). There's not much else to be done at the moment so I may as well work.

• Like 1

Hi CG.  We're busy busy busy here.  The Lakes are heaving, which is nice in that we get to make some money, but shit because we're basically just waiting for a new lockdown.  Social distancing doesn't seem to exist here.  Glad to hear you've got some live music to attend, you'll have to stop off here if you get the chance.  Maybe after the summer rush though!

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hi CG.  We're busy busy busy here.  The Lakes are heaving, which is nice in that we get to make some money, but shit because we're basically just waiting for a new lockdown.  Social distancing doesn't seem to exist here.  Glad to hear you've got some live music to attend, you'll have to stop off here if you get the chance.  Maybe after the summer rush though!

I guessed you would be busy. Everyone is is keen for a change of scenery. Keep as safe as you can you two. I would love to come up when it's a bit quieter... only to see the boss mind 😉 and by that I mean MitzyDog 😁  I have a feeling my October time off work will be spent moving house rather than sorting ticket day sadly. 

@deebeedoobee  & @pilton digger, Simon and Deb, I'm booked into Ashcombe farm on the 10th Sept for a few days. I know we're not allowed around the farm, but I would very much like to catch up with you all. Is the crown open during the day yet? We could go for lunch if you're free? 

31 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I guessed you would be busy. Everyone is is keen for a change of scenery. Keep as safe as you can you two. I would love to come up when it's a bit quieter... only to see the boss mind 😉 and by that I mean MitzyDog 😁  I have a feeling my October time off work will be spent moving house rather than sorting ticket day sadly. 

@deebeedoobee  & @pilton digger, Simon and Deb, I'm booked into Ashcombe farm on the 10th Sept for a few days. I know we're not allowed around the farm, but I would very much like to catch up with you all. Is the crown open during the day yet? We could go for lunch if you're free? 

The Crown is open Sunday lunchtime at present. Don't know if they will change in the coming weeks. But it would be fab to see you. Message us nearer the time and we can make plans. PD and I are available most days. I'm sure we can show you some views of the farm without actually being on it. 

15 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

The Crown is open Sunday lunchtime at present. Don't know if they will change in the coming weeks. But it would be fab to see you. Message us nearer the time and we can make plans. PD and I are available most days. I'm sure we can show you some views of the farm without actually being on it. 

I will do pet. I'm looking forward to it!

Sounds good! We've no hols planned yet, other than time off work, and being lucky that we have work. Next year, I fancy visiting the farm in July as we're off to a 50th in Dorset, so I can show MrsCJ a bit of what I see, if it's open.

5 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Sounds good! We've no hols planned yet, other than time off work, and being lucky that we have work. Next year, I fancy visiting the farm in July as we're off to a 50th in Dorset, so I can show MrsCJ a bit of what I see, if it's open.

Farm is usually closed for litter pick and takedown during July (duration depends on weather etc.). August is probably better.

• Like 1

Well today should have been Boomtown weekend, So my mate Pixie is coming up to visit me instead. Tents are going up in the garden again, there will be 4 of us. The intent is to take her round the touristy areas, but we may just end up getting drunk for 4 days haha. Is it too early to make sacrifices to the weather gods for next year or potentially 2022s festival? I feel we may have some not dry weather on the way.

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Without wishing to in any way offend the sun gods, this weather is horrible for working in!

On the bright side, we currently have Mr and Mrs Quark staying with us having made the long, long trek to Cumbria.

how excellent (Mr and Mrs Quark - not the weather) , I have a feeling my first trip back to the UK maybe to come and stay at lovely Dome House in the Autumn x

First weekend booked camping in a private field.. This weekend Fri.. sat.. Home Sunday for grandkids 

Mon.. Wife's dad dies,, freezer dies,, sky dies 

Tue call it off more imp things 

Wed.. OK were going.. Freezer ordered.. Sky sorted.... BUT VAN NOT WORKING 

Tomo replaced everything but wife's dad.. Sort out bucket toilet and a tent 

Friday raining thunder storms.... Remember not van 

Sat to drunk to care a 12 noon hoola hoop challenge me and my mate loser pays for everything.. EVERYTHING Every think brought by anyone all day... A bets a bet 

Sun.. What ever happens.. Home.. Hopefully not skint 

Anyone want to put the money on me lololol 

Edited by guypjfreak

37 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

First weekend booked camping in a private field.. This weekend Fri.. sat.. Home sun for grandkids 

Mon.. Wife's dad dies,, freezer dies,, sky dies 

Tue call it off more imp things 

Wed.. OK were going.. Freezer ordered.. Sky sorted.... BUT VAN NOT WORKING 

Tomo replaced everything but wife's dad.. Sort out bucket toilet and a tent 

Friday raining thunder storms.... Remember not van 

Sat to drunk to care a 12 noon hoola hoop challenge me and my mate loser pays for everything.. EVERYTHING Every think bro by anyone all day... A bets a bet 

Sun.. What ever happens.. Home.. Hopefully not skint 

Anyone want to put the money on me lololol 

Hello guy,

I would dearly love to put money on you, and good money at that. However, a very unusual situation has occurred. Normally it would not matter me a jot that I had no comprehension of the 'form'. But, and I'm loath to admit it, yours is information inwards that is far too cunning to be understood, and to a level that is almost harrowing. I'm not entirely sure even what tense that I am to read the contents of your post. So, it saddens me to say - not for me.

I do sincerely hope that I've got this all mixed up, and that your wife's dad hasn't actually died. If I'm wrong and he has, then I proffer my sincere condolences to you both.

As an aside, the last time that I bet on a horse race was many years ago at the Glenbeigh Horse and Pony Races, in Kerry on the west coast of Ireland. As is my want, I put a significant bet on the only three legged 'donkey' running in one of the races that day. I can inform you that the horse was called 'Here comes the pain', and I can also notify you that this mare did not disappoint. It was indeed truly painful to watch its performance 'running' on the beech that day. Of course, I use the word 'running' very very loosely. It came a good last. Whoever had named it had obviously tried to warn me, but my stupidity was a far superior force.

This is for you and your wife guy. I hope that you enjoy it;

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I would dearly love to put money on you, and good money at that. However, a very unusual situation has occurred. Normally it would not matter me a jot that I had no comprehension of the 'form'. But, and I'm loath to admit it, yours is information inwards that is far too cunning to be understood, and to a level that is almost harrowing. I'm not entirely sure even what tense that I am to read the contents of your post. So, it saddens me to say - not for me.

I do sincerely hope that I've got this all mixed up, and that your wife's dad hasn't actually died. If I'm wrong and he has, then I proffer my sincere condolences to you both.

As an aside, the last time that I bet on a horse race was many years ago at the Glenbeigh Horse and Pony Races, in Kerry on the west coast of Ireland. As is my want, I put a significant bet on the only three legged 'donkey' running in one of the races that day. I can inform you that the horse was called 'Here comes the pain', and I can also notify you that this mare did not disappoint. It was indeed truly painful to watch its performance 'running' on the beech that day. Of course, I use the word 'running' very very loosely. It came a good last. Whoever had named it had obviously tried to warn me, but my stupidity was a far superior force.

This is for you and your wife guy. I hope that you enjoy it;

Ti's all true old son.. Condolences passed to the wife.. But update 

Van fixed.. Hoopla hoop challenge on.. No loos at camp site so portaloo being delivered tomorrow... Looked up the closest pub.. New bet is that we'll be barred within 2 hours.. We have 12... 14 people going and to much powder.. fuck wot could possibly go wrong.. If taken pics to come lololol 

Funny thing is I'm having panic attacks just as I do when going to festivals or the local pub lolol 

Edited by guypjfreak

22 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Ti's all true old son.. Condolences passed to the wife.. But update 

Van fixed.. Hoopla hoop challenge on.. No loos at camp site so portaloo being delivered tomorrow... Looked up the closest pub.. New bet is that we'll be barred within 2 hours.. We have 12... 14 people going and to much powder.. fuck wot could possibly go wrong.. If taken pics to come lololol 

Funny thing is I'm having panic attacks just as I do when going to festivals or the local pub lolol 

Hello guy,

I'm sorry to hear that news about your father in law. However, if he loved his daughter then I'm sure that he'd have wished her to party on, as you propose to do. 

I see that you have all the ingredients to create complete mayhem. I will keep my fingers crossed that you are successful in producing this much maligned dish. 

I'll also pray to all the deities that you don't get barred.

10 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I'm sorry to hear that news about your father in law. However, if he loved his daughter then I'm sure that he'd have wished her to party on, as you propose to do. 

I see that you have all the ingredients to create complete mayhem. I will keep my fingers crossed that you are successful in producing this much maligned dish. 

I'll also pray to all the deities that you don't get barred.

I agree with everything but the last one old son.. 

On 8/8/2020 at 9:32 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Ooh I could do a day trip and see you all! 

Can indeed confirm that we made it chez Yeti and HMV last week, and a fine old time was had by all. Proper lovely.

I do love me a good sunset photo, and have to say that I think this might be one of my favourites. View from their back garden over Windermere with a glass of vino.

1328382736_IMG-20200813-WA0004(1).thumb.jpg.060be39a018faa4aed6f863fb6dabfc0.jpg

And on a less happy note, sorry to hear about your father in law Guy, condolences to Mrs Guy & the family

Edited by Quark

On 8/17/2020 at 10:49 PM, lucyginger said:

Ooh I could do a day trip and see you all! 

That would be fantastic!! I can't do Sunday lunch tho as I need to be up, packed and driving back home ready for work the next day. @deebeedoobee do you know the pub thats just outside of Ashcombe farm? I think it's the Apple Tree Inn.. Is that open for lunch? And if so, @lucyginger are you free Friday or Saturday? I arrive 10th Sept and come home on the 13th