NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

Hello nfr's, watching lots of bbc sets (arcade fire currently) drinking beer from our glasto steel cups, no parenting happening, kids have gone feral, didn't dry my hair so look like I have been pulled through a hedge backwards to get the full glasto effect, about to glitter up and move onto the cherry bakewell - think Dub Pistols may be on in the kitchen soon. Hope you are enjoying your non glasto weekends. Much love peace and cider xx p.s. been wazzing it down all day today was tempted to stand in my raincoat with hood up and rain dripping into my beer for full authenticity.

• Like 1

I've not been sleeping in the van, but was out for a walk with no jacket. Bit of lightning here as well, it was like the time the stages got shut down. I've been going through the iplayer sessions and Crows Nest radio. Has anyone seen the Glade sessions without giving credit card details, I don't fancy that bit.

48 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hello beautiful people!!! Yes to the cherry bakewell @noplacelikehome😁 I actually lay down in the middle of the road today in a massive thunderstorm. It was stunning. Do you think it would be muddy on the farm? @deebeedoobee what is the state of the ground?? 

Nope we've only had a quick shower this morning with a bit over night. That and a breeze today means the ground is still hard.

26 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Nope we've only had a quick shower this morning with a bit over night. That and a breeze today means the ground is still hard.

Crazy, we’ve had several heavy downpours up road. Seem to be drifting to the north of middle Somersetshire.  Last one about ten mins ago only lasted 3-4 mins but puddles everywhere! 

Hello, 

I hope you're all well. It's been absolutely pouring down at intervals here! With Liverpool winning the league earlier this week; it has thrown up here into chaos. A lot of people behaving like idiots! 

It was lovely to put a face to a name @lucyginger, although it was only very fleeting.

I have watched too much of the BBC coverage - I've watched (and am watching) the programmes broadcast from the farm and I watched Beyonce, Jay Z and the Foo Fighters. It is all tinged with a bit of a sadness for me - with the current situation and the fact I'm ticketless! I absolutely dread not being successful in the resale! 

Been having some issues with work but that is another story altogether! At least I can be safe that we are all in good health.

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Art'noon all. It's all a bit strange in the world innit? Bearded Theory was cancelled on Thursday, all to be expected but a bit more upsetting when I realised they hadn't secured The Flaming Lips for next years festival. That night was going to be my festival highlight of the year, I had totally bigged it up :)

So instead of being away all summer, I had decided to sort my house out and get it on the market. It only went and sold in 6 days so I am soon to be homeless haha. My friend who I festival with a lot has said I can move in with her and split the rent until I find my perfect home so that's good.

I stuck some tents up in the garden for Glastonbury weekend, and had an efests visitor in the name of Mr Gumby! It certainly took the pain away from the forced fallow. What have you all been up to? Any life changing epiphanies? 

Belated birthday wishes LugyG, I'm sure i wished you well on the book of face xx

Hi CG, about time this thread had a bump.

Great news about your house I hope you find the house of your dreams soon.

I don't think anybody was surprised about Bearded; we're all hoping for festivals to return next year - I think we'll be in a proper mess if they cant. Flaming Lips are confirmed for Womad next year, so they'll still be touring and maybe you'll catch them somewhere.

Join us at the virtual meet on Friday if you're around.