NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

On 4/12/2020 at 5:15 AM, Curlygirl said:

Meltdowns are standard these days Lucy, more so with you and what you're dealing with. Life is pants for many at present. We can only be here for one another and give virtual hugs. Lots of love to you pet xx

Thank you love xx Yes this current situation hasn’t helped but I’m being well looked after still. Staying in touch with people is helping loads too, seeing everyone here definitely helps. Lots of love to you too xxx

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Between that and all the pheasants we'll smash this lockdown!

There's loads of dead pheasants around the roads near us. You can tell that the car before you has knocked them over. I keep meaning to slam the anchors on and pick the things up, pluck them at home, and eat them.

Unfortunately there''s loads of dead badgers on the road around here too. I have no desire to eat them - lest I create another Covid - 19 type thingy.

A lovely sight.  I've noticed on our bike rides down here that I seem to be seeing a lot more wildlife than previously.  Nothing particularly exotic as it's Sussex, but there's definitely a higher volume of some of the shyer things we don't normally see.  Seen more woodpeckers in the past few weeks than I've seen in years.

We've lost our squirrels. Yes, that's right, they've all gone. For the previous 3 years we have been overrun with grey squirrels. This is probably due to our garden backing on to natural wasteland, as well as our neighbour having a giant of an oak tree in their garden. However, me and my wife haven't seen a single squirrel this year at all. I wonder where they've got to? Can't still be hibernating, surely? Do they actually hibernate anyway? I've heard some people say that they do and some that they don't. I haven't seen any wild predators around, and there's been no destruction of habitat. It's a mystery. We know a song about that, don't we children (just quoting a kiddies program there);

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Just popping in to say I Hope every one is well.

Last few weekends have been good for me, got engaged and had my birthday but a quieter one ahead, probably just stay in as usual.

Stay safe, seen you all next year NFR NFC 

My word, but you've been busy!

Congratulations on your engagement. The more love, the better. :)

6 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Last few weekends have been good for me, got engaged and had my birthday but a quieter one ahead, probably just stay in as usual.

Sweet. 

Thanks everyone, the original plan had been a glasto proposal seeing as that's where we first met, but given the unfortunate cancellation and the lack of certainty of events later in year I decided not to wait.

Wasnt the special proposal Emily deserved but fingers crossed there will be time to make up for that at a later date.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:25 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We've lost our squirrels. Yes, that's right, they've all gone. For the previous 3 years we have been overrun with grey squirrels. This is probably due to our garden backing on to natural wasteland, as well as our neighbour having a giant of an oak tree in their garden. However, me and my wife haven't seen a single squirrel this year at all. I wonder where they've got to? Can't still be hibernating, surely? Do they actually hibernate anyway? I've heard some people say that they do and some that they don't. I haven't seen any wild predators around, and there's been no destruction of habitat. It's a mystery. We know a song about that, don't we children (just quoting a kiddies program there);

Hi Yog squirrels don't hibernate as there's usually plenty of food for them in the winter. They might have been affected by the mild wet winter we just had, or maybe a hedge they used as a 'highway' to your garden has gone. We live next to open countryside but never get squirrels in our garden - though we do see occasional casualties on the road. 

Just now, dizzymoo said:

Hi Yog squirrels don't hibernate as there's usually plenty of food for them in the winter. They might have been affected by the mild wet winter we just had, or maybe a hedge they used as a 'highway' to your garden has gone. We live next to open countryside but never get squirrels in our garden - though we do see occasional casualties on the road. 

Hello dizzymoo,

Good to hear from you. I think it's possibly been nailed now, as to why the squirrels aren't about. It may be because we got repeatedly flooded (not the main house) in February from the River Severn breaking it's banks. It's the only main variable, so maybe like the Klondike, they headed off to them there hills.

Hope all is well with you and yours. :)

Hi lovely ones. Huge congratulations to you and Emily @thurlow84! I'm over the moon you found each other and are now looking to get married. Makes my heart warm mate. With any luck I'll see you next at Bearded Theory? Much love to you both.

Today I received in the post a pompom maker! I made one using the old traditional cardboard method from my childhood and what a pain it was. So I was pleasently suprised to see someone has created them. I can now make 4 different sized pompoms in moments. I'm bloody loving this new found love of wool. I am half way through making the 'Namaqualand' blanket. I can't attach a photo as I'm at work, but I'm well impressed with it.

Talking of squirrels, I'm seeing alot more roadkill than usual. There's less cars on the roads so how can this be? Are the animals becoming complacent?

Love and hugs all round xx

On 4/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, thurlow84 said:

Congratulations pal :)