NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

16 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello chums, what very strange times we find ourselves in. 
VL, sending tons of love and positive thoughts to you xxx

I’m on furlough, and at my current man friends house as I was here when lockdown started. I’m having quite a lovely time pretending to be a 1950’s housewife :) 

massive love to everyone xxx

You might find it suits you!!

Glad you're not on your tod anyways :)

17 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I’m on furlough, and at my current man friends house as I was here when lockdown started. I’m having quite a lovely time pretending to be a 1950’s housewife :) 

Best of luck with the 1950's housewife thing. Is it like this?

Housewife 3.jpg

17 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello lucy,

These are very strange times indeed. Good luck with the 1950's housewife angle, but if you get any complaints then remember to adhere to this;

50s housewives | Tumblr

xxx

9 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Best of luck with the 1950's housewife thing. Is it like this?

Housewife 3.jpg

I just thought it was driving after 5 martinis and some happy pills.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That reminds me of a case where an Avon Lady was charged with selling speed pills to her customers saying that they were slimming tablets. He customers reported weight loss, as well as having the energy to do loads of jobs. It was a win win until someone grassed her up. 

I remember back in the 70s one of our neighbours was addicted to amphetamine which had been prescribed by her GP as a slimming aid.

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

I remember back in the 70s one of our neighbours was addicted to amphetamine which had been prescribed by her GP as a slimming aid.

Hello dizzymoo,

Yes, you can still get it on the NHS for certain ailments. I went in and tried to get it myself from my GP, but he effectively told me to fuck off! lol  At my old practice a couple of the GP's would give me valium, but then there was a flag put on the system by owner of the practice not to give me any more under any circumstances. Unfortunately for me, he was also my parents GP and got on very well with them. This meant that he kind of man marked my movements within his practice. That said, there was a locum on once, and when I went in for another ailment I told them that I was very scared of ferries, like some people are scared of flying, and that I was catching a ferry soon etc etc. Anyway, this locum prescribed me some valium but only enough for the journey over and the way back. I cashed that prescription in and took the tablets in a one'er, and had rather a nice time. 

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
  • Upvote 1

Hi all, 

Sorry for my absence - this life is draining! Thanks for your kind words.

How are we all hanging in? 

I hope regardless of religous persuasion you're all ready to eat a body weight of chocolatey goodness tomorrow! 

Stay safe and take care!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hi all, 

Sorry for my absence - this life is draining! Thanks for your kind words.

How are we all hanging in? 

I hope regardless of religous persuasion you're all ready to eat a body weight of chocolatey goodness tomorrow! 

Stay safe and take care!

If I've got it I'll eat it.. If I don't have the wife's in for it.. Peace and gin old son 

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! Checking in while I have a smoke before sleeping. All ok here, although I did have a massive meltdown a few days ago. First big one in a while, so I am getting better. 
Hope everyone is well xxx

Meltdowns are standard these days Lucy, more so with you and what you're dealing with. Life is pants for many at present. We can only be here for one another and give virtual hugs. Lots of love to you pet xx

Evening all. I'm on a week of nights again, so no social media or live streaming for me for a while... Well, except for Efestivals of course, which work haven't worked out I can access thank god. With all of this C-19 stuff noodling my brain, I have taken up crocheting!! I never thought I would be that person sat at home calmly with a ball of wool and a hook. I made one of those rainbows last night to hang in my window :D Hope you're all well and finding ways to manage stress or anxiety. Hugs to those needing them x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all. I'm on a week of nights again, so no social media or live streaming for me for a while... Well, except for Efestivals of course, which work haven't worked out I can access thank god. With all of this C-19 stuff noodling my brain, I have taken up crocheting!! I never thought I would be that person sat at home calmly with a ball of wool and a hook. I made one of those rainbows last night to hang in my window :D Hope you're all well and finding ways to manage stress or anxiety. Hugs to those needing them x

Glad you're finding ways to stay in touch CG.  Crochet and knitting are great meditative activities for helping to create calm. Gardening is another, if you're lucky enough to have your own bit of outside space.

I decided to use the solar lights which would have adorned our caravan at festivals to make this (sorry about the crap quality of the pic):

594962839_rainbowlights2.thumb.jpg.ee17be9a20ecd5f5a5c79d91790ef743.jpg

Ended up being quite a faff having to zigzag the light string to get the rows of colour, and attaching it to mesh with wire salvaged from a paper lightshade (knew that would come in useful eventually).  Have had some messages saying how much people like it, including the neighbours who rarely give us the time of day, so I guess it's achieved something!

Sending virtual hugs to all (xx)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Glad you're finding ways to stay in touch CG.  Crochet and knitting are great meditative activities for helping to create calm. Gardening is another, if you're lucky enough to have your own bit of outside space.

I decided to use the solar lights which would have adorned our caravan at festivals to make this (sorry about the crap quality of the pic):

594962839_rainbowlights2.thumb.jpg.ee17be9a20ecd5f5a5c79d91790ef743.jpg

Ended up being quite a faff having to zigzag the light string to get the rows of colour, and attaching it to mesh with wire salvaged from a paper lightshade (knew that would come in useful eventually).  Have had some messages saying how much people like it, including the neighbours who rarely give us the time of day, so I guess it's achieved something!

Sending virtual hugs to all (xx)

It may have been a faff but well worth it. Its fantastic Dizzy! I actually posted in my estates fb group the other morning. When I came home from night shift, tired and a wee bit emotional, i drove slowly around the estate looking at all of the rainbows the children had made. It warmed my heart a little bit so I had to say thank you to them. A bus i drove past this morning had 'Thankyou ALL keyworkers' on the window screen. Also made me smile