NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

Well baby Eliza does have a chest infection BUT she was also..... as are all kids going in to the hospital... Checked for coronavirus... And she's clear as is mum.. On a down side looks like my lady Ruby's school might need to be a deep cleaned cos one of the pupils is being self isolated as they might have it...... Bit close to home now ah.... 

Hope everyone's feeling well. Some of the other threads are getting a little confrontational so I thought I'd come here for a little peace and quiet.

Sun's trying to break through the gaps in the clouds and not too bad a day for the time of year. I've got some work to do but I might just drag myself out for a stroll later.

In the meantime look out for family, friends and neighbours when things get difficult.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Hope everyone's feeling well. Some of the other threads are getting a little confrontational so I thought I'd come here for a little peace and quiet.

I have stopped looking at most of them, people seem to be getting stressed when they really can't affect things.

I have been for a run in shorts and t shirt so it is now officially spring.  Everything is starting to grow, birds are going a bit radio rental and there are lambs evertwhere.  Take the positives people, enjoy the small things and stay safe.

• Upvote 1

Hello all, 

Even without the coronavirus stuff; I've had a pretty crappy week but I won't go into it. 

Needless to say I hope you're all well and bearing up. 

Take care of yourselves and each other, the world can be a harsh place. 

• Upvote 1

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend & not thinking about C-19 too much.

A random random question... I have a few boys in my year 10 tutor group that smell a bit funky by the end of the day (we have 30min tutor start of the day & end of school). I’ve bought some anti-perspirant for the lads to borrow as long as they apply it outside, all the girls have their own spritz/sprays but I feel like I’m doing something for one gender and not the other. Should I buy some tampons or liners? I wouldn’t know what to buy. Sorry it’s none Glasto orientated but this thread has a sensible level headed bunch of people.

& I’ve been with girls/ladies at fests where this had been an issue. What is a heavy flow vs. spots or spotting?

Edited by Bisque

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend & not thinking about C-19 too much.

A random random question... I have a few boys in my year 10 tutor group that smell a bit funky by the end of the day (we have 30min tutor start of the day & end of school). I’ve bought some anti-perspirant for the lads to borrow as long as they apply it outside, all the girls have their own spritz/sprays but I feel like I’m doing something for one gender and not the other. Should I buy some tampons or liners? I wouldn’t know what to buy. Sorry it’s none Glasto orientated but this thread has a sensible level headed bunch of people.

& I’ve been with girls/ladies at fests where this had been an issue. What is a heavy flow vs. spots or spotting?

Hey Bisque, 

I can't answer completely, but most schools have some kind of sanitary supply for girls/women available now. It's all about period poverty - we only started this recently. It mightn't be yourself but the girls should be aware of someone who has anything they need - we have a pastoral support team who do it (but I'm not in secondary). Hope that helps a bit!?

https://www.medicinenet.com/spotting_vs_period_differences/article.htm

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

Hey Bisque, 

I can't answer completely, but most schools have some kind of sanitary supply for girls/women available now. It's all about period poverty - we only started this recently. It mightn't be yourself but the girls should be aware of someone who has anything they need - we have a pastoral support team who do it (but I'm not in secondary). Hope that helps a bit!?

https://www.medicinenet.com/spotting_vs_period_differences/article.htm

Awesome. Thanks. I was going to talk to pastoral & medical on Monday during a free. Obviously girls would rather go to them than a male teacher.

I’m going to be very subtle about the hint.

34 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Awesome. Thanks. I was going to talk to pastoral & medical on Monday during a free. Obviously girls would rather go to them than a male teacher.

I’m going to be very subtle about the hint.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/jan/18/free-period-products-to-be-available-in-schools-and-colleges-in-england

Hi Everybody

I was feeling a little down earlier what with the whole coronavirus thing and then  I phoned  my mother whom I'm supposed to be visiting next weekend - Mother's Day & the 12th anniversary of my Dad's death - and she was so torn about whether or not I should go -  she's 90 but in pretty good health but with no underlying conditions - but I don't want to be the one who unknowingly turns up with this bloody virus. She was really good about it saying that she's used to being own her own and not really bothered about mother's day. But that was just her being brave - and got me thinking what a bloody remarkable woman she has been.

Anyway, we've put off the decision until nearer the time. She was more upset for me because she thought that Glastonbury had been cancelled.

Afterwards, flicking through stuff I'd recorded on the TV for something to distract me, I came across the BBC documentary on Glastonbury's greatest headliners from last year. What a great restorative 90 minutes, it bought back all the reasons that I (and I suspect everybody on here) love the place - Ed O'Brien said that come Monday morning it's restored your faith in humanity.

I'm feeling much better and I live in hope that we'll see each other at the farm in June.

And yes I'm a bit pissed - Gin followed by a bottle of Malbec in case anybody's wondering.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just poured about a pint of Bailey's into a goblet and going to relax and fuck this covid19 shit off.. 

IMG_20200315_185704551.jpg

Ps 

Hi digger give Dee kiss,, hi to si and Debs. 

Vin old son sorry to hear your news...... 

Everyone else hi.. Bye... Stay safe and well as has been said positive vibes..... Yea!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? %+%=_-(#@£&%=_-+/!!???????xxx

Edited by guypjfreak

Hello lovely people. Hope you are all keeping well, in particular your little ones @guypjfreak and @vintagelaureate, and you @lucyginger. I'm glad you're doing ok at the same time as not being ok Lucy. Sometimes it's an achievement  just to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  If it helps at all, when we lose someone we had a good relationship with, we recover more quickly and completely because there's usually less feeling of 'unfinished business',  such as arguments we wish we'd had out with them.

Strange times here - as with everyone I guess.  Youngest has come home 2 weeks early from Leeds as all his lectures are being given online and labs cancelled.  Eldest may soon be online gaming at home but being paid for it, and Mr Moo is working from  home from tomorrow.  I've still got face to face clients booked but may soon switch to all telephone counselling. Our friends, who run 4 veggie vans and make their entire income from festivals and events, are wondering what the future holds. 

Our choir leader's husband died a few weeks ago (after a long illness), and a properly life affirming memorial service was held for him on Friday.  We sang 'Crossing the Bar', which has become a favourite of ours.  Can't pretend to be as good as these guys, but I think we made a decent job of it:

On a lighter note, another of our songs has the repeated refrain 'come and let us'.  Now we can't sing it without  picturing a disgustingly dressed salad...

Stay safe. Be most excellent to each other (as always)

xx

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people. Hope you are all keeping well, in particular your little ones @guypjfreak and @vintagelaureate, and you @lucyginger. I'm glad you're doing ok at the same time as not being ok Lucy. Sometimes it's an achievement  just to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  If it helps at all, when we lose someone we had a good relationship with, we recover more quickly and completely because there's usually less feeling of 'unfinished business',  such as arguments we wish we'd had out with them.

Strange times here - as with everyone I guess.  Youngest has come home 2 weeks early from Leeds as all his lectures are being given online and labs cancelled.  Eldest may soon be online gaming at home but being paid for it, and Mr Moo is working from  home from tomorrow.  I've still got face to face clients booked but may soon switch to all telephone counselling. Our friends, who run 4 veggie vans and make their entire income from festivals and events, are wondering what the future holds. 

Our choir leader's husband died a few weeks ago (after a long illness), and a properly life affirming memorial service was held for him on Friday.  We sang 'Crossing the Bar', which has become a favourite of ours.  Can't pretend to be as good as these guys, but I think we made a decent job of it:

On a lighter note, another of our songs has the repeated refrain 'come and let us'.  Now we can't sing it without  picturing a disgustingly dressed salad...

Stay safe. Be most excellent to each other (as always)

xx

Hello dizzymoo,

Thank you for the powerful words within your post, and for the introduction to that beautiful singing 

Goodluck to you and yours - which goes to all on this thread, and all the others on this site. 

To give in.

The last act of deviance,

or, the last act of defiance?

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello dizzymoo,

Thank you for the powerful words within your post, and for the introduction to that beautiful singing 

Goodluck to you and yours - which goes to all on this thread, and all the others on this site. 

To give in.

The last act of deviance,

or, the last act of defiance?

Thanks Yog, hope you're ok.  How's your shed/cabin now the floods have subsided?

44 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Thanks Yog, hope you're ok.  How's your shed/cabin now the floods have subsided?

The cabin finally returned to terra firma a short while back, after being afloat for just shy of two weeks. We've dried it and the electrics out now, but have to fully redecorate and a shed load of other stuff to do. However, we are, unfortunately, now longer in a rush because nobody is booking - which is hardly surprising, given the circumstances. We did have a long term booking for this Friday, but they've cancelled yesterday. I really don't blame them.

As an aside I was offered an interview tomorrow for a driving job, which would have meant seeing lots of customers everyday. I sent them a polite email back, thanking them, but declining their interview. I'll try my best to keep away from everybody as much as I can in the near future. That said, there's a gathering going on downstairs in this house right now, with people from several different parts of the country.

The time has come for me to embrace and own my own stupidity.

It's been a long time coming.

10 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Thank you Dizzy, yes a couple of people have asked if I have regrets or anything about my sister, but I really don't. We got on brilliantly and always had a good time, and that's what i remember xxx

Drawn back into efests by stonecircles post, disappointed by the news but it's the reality we're all facing and once covid-19 broke out I expected most of 2020 to be cancelled.

I just hope every one stays well and healthy, I've been told to self isolate today by work due to the boy having a cough.  Stay positive as much as you can, keep praying to the sun gods, warm weather will help people and hopefully after a few weeks disruption life can resume as normal and that hopefully I get to bump into you all on the farm on 2021 

NFR NFC 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nightmare ah.. 

Peace and tea everyone..

Sad news very sad but with things going the way they are it was on the cards..

Big thanks to the glasto team cos they must be gutted after working so hard basically straight after last year's festival.. Must have been a really horrible decision.. 

Big up Mr E.. 

Hey, 

Crap news... I didn't have tickets yet either but proper rubbish news at a pretty low time. For a little comfort, to the ones with tickets, I can see them doing something to honour your tickets in some way. 

World seems to he slowly caving in on itself. 

To put things in perspective, I live two miles or so from one of the biggest children's hospitals in the country... they phoned me last night to tell me that my daughter had to go in for surgery (it was scheduled for six weeks time) as they're worried about oxygen levels with this virus and if she didn't have the operation it could be fatal, and the surgeons wanted to know they had done what they promised to do. Scary times. 

Just all take care of each other, and we will get out the other side however long it takes. 

I'm guessing the summer is going to be pretty much closed down, so just maybe all being well June '21, fancy it...?

Take care.