NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

On 2/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello all,

We had our log cabin flooded, and very nearly our house too. Just about got away with the later.

Happy to hear your news Tranquility of Solitude

@lucy - I'm sure that therapy could only be of benefit. I know you'll have anger, hury, loss etc built up inside you, and that therapy could ease those away. I'm sure that the bottom line to be taken though is that your sister would want you to enjoy life as best you can. She'll have known in life that you loved her, and if there is an after life, then she'll still know it remains true. All the very best.

Thanks so much Yog, very kind words. You're right, she'd want us all to enjoy life and have a good time. It's just weird. But we're doing ok, thanks xxx

Art'noon all, I have a whole 2 days off work this weekend. No body wants me to work it for them... I won't know what to do with myself! How are you all? @vintagelaureate how's the bairn? This month has flown over, which has surprised me as I thought it would drag. Only 2 months until festival season for me starts eeek!!

21 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Art'noon all, I have a whole 2 days off work this weekend. No body wants me to work it for them... I won't know what to do with myself! How are you all? @vintagelaureate how's the bairn? This month has flown over, which has surprised me as I thought it would drag. Only 2 months until festival season for me starts eeek!!

Hello love! Ooh 2 days off! Nice!! 

I'm ok, up and down still but ok. I've just bought a ticket to see Morrissey in 2 weeks so I'm very pleased :) 

Day off here as well! Bit of time to use up before work annual calendar restarts in April, so a day bumbling about at home with Mrs Q doing approximately bugger all :D

Hope the cabin damage isn't too bad Yog.

Got Levs coming up in Guildford in a few weeks, but currently trying to get shot of a Dreadzone ticket for Brighton as I cant make it any more :( On the plus side they're confirmed for Beautiful Days,  and all things being well I should be able to see them there.

Happy Friday all!

13 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello love! Ooh 2 days off! Nice!! 

I'm ok, up and down still but ok. I've just bought a ticket to see Morrissey in 2 weeks so I'm very pleased :) 

That's something to look forward to Lucy, where are you going to see him? Being up and down is very much expected sweet. Don't feel guilty when you're up, and remember when you're down, it won't be forever.

Dreadzone played at Bearded Theory last year, but after jumping around like idiots to Imperial leisure we were all knackered so we all had a lie down in the woodlands. We could still hear Dreadzone but I have no idea what their stage presence is like. Surely the Levs will be playing Beautiful days too @Quark? It's their festival isn't it?

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Hope the cabin damage isn't too bad Yog.

Thanks Quark. The cabin is still floating in water right now, so I can't see what, if any, long term damage has been done to it. I'm not worried about the roof or the walls, it's the flooring sub structure that I'm concerned about. Time will tell.

15 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Dreadzone played at Bearded Theory last year, but after jumping around like idiots to Imperial leisure we were all knackered so we all had a lie down in the woodlands. We could still hear Dreadzone but I have no idea what their stage presence is like. Surely the Levs will be playing Beautiful days too @Quark? It's their festival isn't it?

Oh yeah, seeing them isn't a problem! I can still make their Guildford gig as well so that's all good. Just the Dreadzone one that's the problem. They're great live, not the energy of someone like Dub Pistols but they've got more summer vibes than you can shake a stick at. Seen them at fests a couple of times but was looking forward to their own tour set. Ah well them's the breaks!

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks Quark. The cabin is still floating in water right now, so I can't see what, if any, long term damage has been done to it. I'm not worried about the roof or the walls, it's the flooring sub structure that I'm concerned about. Time will tell.

Fingers crossed bud

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sorry Yog, I missed this bit of news!! Do you have insurance and will it be covered? Also have you rejoined the rat race yet? Last I read you were considering going back to work.

53 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Sorry Yog, I missed this bit of news!! Do you have insurance and will it be covered? Also have you rejoined the rat race yet? Last I read you were considering going back to work.

Hello Curlygirl,

Unfortunately I don't have insurance on the cabin. When you live in a Grade II listed medieval house on a flood plain, then believe me, it's hard enough to get house insurance let alone insurance for a cabin. When I first went to get house insurance and put in the build date as 1580, the 'computer says no'. 

I did, very briefly, join the rat race again recently, but only lasted 3 weeks, before I submitted my notice to quit there and then. It's a long story. My profession is as a Building Maintenance Surveyor, but I think that I'm just about spent on that front. Now I'm just looking for much lower paid jobs but ones where the use of my brain isn't much required. I don't think i can handle stress anymore.

Everything OK at your end? I believe that you have a much needed weekend off. Hope it's fun for you.

Dreadzone are fucking brilliant never missed a gig.. They were still playing at Glastonbury a few years ago when that rain closed down some of the stages.. We were having a great time and only found out about the shut downs after they had finished lol.. 

Big up MC SPEE... If you've kept up with things he's had a rough time of it.... Greg does a Thursday live stream on faceache.. 

Right fuck it I'm off to get pissed.. Gxx

Thanks @Curlygirl, she's doing well. She had to have emergency surgery a couple of weeks ago and then scheduled surgery this week just gone. She's a trooper though - the embodiment of resilience! I appreciate you asking, thank you. 

I hope all is well, and it's good to see you back posting @guypjfreak

20 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks @Curlygirl, she's doing well. She had to have emergency surgery a couple of weeks ago and then scheduled surgery this week just gone. She's a trooper though - the embodiment of resilience! I appreciate you asking, thank you. 

I hope all is well, and it's good to see you back posting @guypjfreak

Hi old son.. Sorry to hear about your baby old son 

Quick update on baby Eliza 

She can sign more... And more and more lots of mores.. She did a little wave other day but her muscles are not telling her legs to go into the hip socket so they are going to have to break her hips and then pin things together and this she'll have to have every other year.. 

Still no words etc but she's fucking lovely.. Here's a a pic... For you all BTW. 

IMG_20200211_100948805_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/28/2020 at 12:42 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

Unfortunately I don't have insurance on the cabin. When you live in a Grade II listed medieval house on a flood plain, then believe me, it's hard enough to get house insurance let alone insurance for a cabin. When I first went to get house insurance and put in the build date as 1580, the 'computer says no'. 

I did, very briefly, join the rat race again recently, but only lasted 3 weeks, before I submitted my notice to quit there and then. It's a long story. My profession is as a Building Maintenance Surveyor, but I think that I'm just about spent on that front. Now I'm just looking for much lower paid jobs but ones where the use of my brain isn't much required. I don't think i can handle stress anymore.

Everything OK at your end? I believe that you have a much needed weekend off. Hope it's fun for you.

Ah mate, that doesn't sound too good. Lets hope the damage isn't too severe once the water level has gone down. I know what you mean about the rat race stress. I would love to have a low stress job, and one that doesn't pop into your head when not at work. I think my ideal job would be as a postal worker. Imagine just walking around posting letters all day. That would be bliss. I hope you find something suitable soon.

@vintagelaureate and @guypjfreak Your girls really have gone through the mill bless them.  But yes, they are resilient, with the best humans helping them along!

My 2 days off flew by. I spent Saturday with my mum, and yesterday I spent in the kitchen, batch cooking and listening to playlists. It was really lovely to not set an alarm.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I think my ideal job would be as a postal worker. Imagine just walking around posting letters all day. That would be bliss.

I recall (many moons ago now) driving along (heavily work stressed) on a cold winters day when it was pissing down with rain and seeing a postman doing his round. It must have been horrible doing his round that day, but I recall thinking to myself 'I'd swop jobs with you right now in an instant'.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I recall (many moons ago now) driving along (heavily work stressed) on a cold winters day when it was pissing down with r*** and seeing a postman doing his round. It must have been horrible doing his round that day, but I recall thinking to myself 'I'd swop jobs with you right now in an instant'.

I really like the 'not dry' stuff so I would be perfectly happy with that. I only don't like it at festivals for the obvious reasons.

Hello all

Doing good here, was in the UK over the weekend doing trips across the pennines and going to gigs. Flew into Manchester, across to Sheffield to see stereohonics then back across to Manchester to see the Editors and flew back from Liverpool. As a sidenote I now have a sore throat and blocked ear, but that's only because I'm old and the gigs were loud and bloody brilliant . Editors were off the scale and jumping from note one …. just brilliant

Its all getting closer guys :-)

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello loves! 

It's looking dangerously like Spring outside!! WOO!! 

Yeppppp but Wish the rain would stop.... 

Sounds like fun funky fairy 

Baby Eliza is back in hospital tonight.. Not great but rather now than in a week's time... You getting on Lucy girl.. Xx

15 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yeppppp but Wish the rain would stop.... 

Sounds like fun funky fairy 

Baby Eliza is back in hospital tonight.. Not great but rather now than in a week's time... You getting on Lucy girl.. Xx

It stopped!! :)

Love to Eliza and you all, Guy xxxx

I'm ok, I'm not, but I am. You know what I mean. I'm surviving! xxxxx

• Upvote 1