NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

@lucyginger That's amazing news you have managed to get behind the wheel again! Well done on making the first step. Hope you're doing alright sweet.

@vintagelaureate my mate went to see Frank Carter on Saturday at Ally Pally, I couldn't get the time off work. The videos i have seen from the snake pit crew looked amazing, the energy in there was bouncing. My mate also has a tattoo booked in with him on the 29th. She has asked me to go with her but again, I need to work to get time off for festival season. twice in a fortnight I will be missing seeing him.

So... Hi lovelies. I've been absent for quite a while now... Sorry! I went to InCider Festival in Weston Super Mare on the 31st January. It was amazing, met up with very much missed friends and we had a ball. I did however drink far too much so it took me a few days to get over it upon my return, and since then I have worked every day. I have a day off on Tuesday so I'm very much looking forward to a lie in. The nights are getting lighter people, it won't be long now til we're partying in a field.

Oh I'm jealous @Curlygirl! He didn't tattoo on this time, he has in the past and I've only ever been offered weekdays in London which is impossible for me!

This is a video of mine (technically a friend of mine as I had Frank Carter on my head):

Enjoy your day off on Tuesday; I'm back in work on Monday!!

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Oh I'm jealous @Curlygirl! He didn't tattoo on this time, he has in the past and I've only ever been offered weekdays in London which is impossible for me!

This is a video of mine (technically a friend of mine as I had Frank Carter on my head):

I'm currently skiving at work VL so I can't watch that video, but I will have a look tonight when I get home.  Send him an Email saying you can only make weekends, I'm sure he will give you some options. He hasn't told Naomi where the studio is yet, said he will tell her the night before. It was £150 deposit and £300 minimum spend for the tattoo.

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm currently skiving at work VL so I can't watch that video, but I will have a look tonight when I get home.  Send him an Email saying you can only make weekends, I'm sure he will give you some options. He hasn't told Naomi where the studio is yet, said he will tell her the night before. It was £150 deposit and £300 minimum spend for the tattoo.

That's cheaper than it used to be. I imagine it will be on Hoxton St. as he has just opened a new studio there. Let me know how it goes for her! How exciting!

Only started posting again yesterday after a long time off the forum due to missing out on a ticket..... however got a bar work volunteer spot with Shelter! Will let you know where and when I’m working, come and visit if you can! 

So happy.... 

Best of luck to all still trying. xx

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Only started posting again yesterday after a long time off the forum due to missing out on a ticket..... however got a bar work volunteer spot with Shelter! Will let you know where and when I’m working, come and visit if you can! 

So happy.... 

WOOOO!!! That's great news!!!! :)

Hello gang :)

Thanks CG, I'm doing ok sort of. I think. I'm investigating therapy, and I dont mean the band. Dr said i would need some and I do!

Other than that, it's great to see the lighter evenings and the daffodils (my fave) and hear the birds singing and make you feel grateful for being alive. It's the little things. 

xxx

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So happy.... 

I saw this in the volunteering thread. So happy for you TOS! Another mate of mine got a place too. Have you worked for them before or did you get lucky on Thursday?

24 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello gang :)

Thanks CG, I'm doing ok sort of. I think. I'm investigating therapy, and I dont mean the band. Dr said i would need some and I do!

Other than that, it's great to see the lighter evenings and the daffodils (my fave) and hear the birds singing and make you feel grateful for being alive. It's the little things. 

xxx

It will take time Lucy, but therapy will certainly help. Samantics has a song called Little things, And it's about focusing on the small things to get through the hard times. Much love to you xx

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@lucyginger That's amazing news you have managed to get behind the wheel again! Well done on making the first step. Hope you're doing alright sweet.

@vintagelaureate my mate went to see Frank Carter on Saturday at Ally Pally, I couldn't get the time off work. The videos i have seen from the snake pit crew looked amazing, the energy in there was bouncing. My mate also has a tattoo booked in with him on the 29th. She has asked me to go with her but again, I need to work to get time off for festival season. twice in a fortnight I will be missing seeing him.

So... Hi lovelies. I've been absent for quite a while now... Sorry! I went to InCider Festival in Weston Super Mare on the 31st January. It was amazing, met up with very much missed friends and we had a ball. I did however drink far too much so it took me a few days to get over it upon my return, and since then I have worked every day. I have a day off on Tuesday so I'm very much looking forward to a lie in. The nights are getting lighter people, it won't be long now til we're partying in a field.

OMG he actually tattoos , I hadn't realised, new bucket list item. Does anyone have any contact details/email

21 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

OMG he actually tattoos , I hadn't realised, new bucket list item. Does anyone have any contact details/email

I'll DM them to you now. EDIT: It won't let me, is your inbox full?

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'll ask my mate and message you tonight if no one else lets you know beforehand. I'll invite you to the snakepit group too, there's usually info on there.

Just seen VL has done the honours. I'm excited for you!!

Edited by Curlygirl

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I'll ask my mate and message you tonight if no one else lets you know beforehand. I'll invite you to the snakepit group too, there's usually info on there.

He has but my inbox is full so it failed, any info gratefully received xxx

Hello all,

We had our log cabin flooded, and very nearly our house too. Just about got away with the later.

Happy to hear your news Tranquility of Solitude

@lucy - I'm sure that therapy could only be of benefit. I know you'll have anger, hury, loss etc built up inside you, and that therapy could ease those away. I'm sure that the bottom line to be taken though is that your sister would want you to enjoy life as best you can. She'll have known in life that you loved her, and if there is an after life, then she'll still know it remains true. All the very best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I've resent it @Funkyfairy!. That is what I miss out on not being on Facebook - The Snakepit and AF Gang for IDLES. 

@Yoghurt on a Stick - sorry to hear about the cabin, is it salvageable?

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've resent it @Funkyfairy!. That is what I miss out on not being on Facebook - The Snakepit and AF Gang for IDLES. 

@Yoghurt on a Stick - sorry to hear about the cabin, is it salvageable?

Yeah, we've been through it before. We had been told by the house's previous owner that the property hadn't flooded in the many years that he'd been there. It had, but it was just the garden area that had flooded. He could have used the interpretation that the property meant the building, and not the land. Anyway, he had enough on his plate for me to go legally after him about that one too.

However, we also were told by the neighbour that the land never flooded. We told him of our plans to build a cabin at the bottom of the garden and he said that he didn't give a fuck whether we did or didn't. We specifically asked him if it ever flooded and he said 'No, it doesn't'. Fuck knows why he told us that because that area has flooded several times in the three years we've been here. When quizzed on this occurrence he indicated that he knew that it flooded and could have told us that. What was going on in his head, the Lord only knows. We actually became good friends in those three years (he sold his house about 2 weeks ago and has moved on, but will return to see us). We don't find it in us to ask him what his reasoning was. Anyway, I'd have built the bloody cabin on stilts had I known the 'facts'.