NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

What a great weekend.

Saturday, saw Working Men's Club supported by two local bands - Baby Lung and The Anteloids - in Northampton. All 3 bands were really good.

Sunday, saw Warmduchser supported by Maddonatron in Bedford - another great night.

Congratulations to whoever organises Independent Venue Week, it's a great concept. 

20 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

What a great weekend.

Saturday, saw Working Men's Club supported by two local bands - Baby Lung and The Anteloids - in Northampton. All 3 bands were really good.

Sunday, saw Warmduchser supported by Maddonatron in Bedford - another great night.

Congratulations to whoever organises Independent Venue Week, it's a great concept. 

Did you see any of the updates of Big Jeff Johns doing his own IVW tour on the socials?  The big lad from the Bristol music scene, quality stuff. Finished off with crowdsurfing at Boileroom in Guildford; don't know if you've ever been there but I reckon I could touch the ceiling with a bit of effort. Wonderful scenes :)

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Did you see any of the updates of Big Jeff Johns doing his own IVW tour on the socials?  The big lad from the Bristol music scene, quality stuff. Finished off with crowdsurfing at Boileroom in Guildford; don't know if you've ever been there but I reckon I could touch the ceiling with a bit of effort. Wonderful scenes :)

I missed out on Big Jeff's IVW tour, I wouldn't want to be in the crowd trying to keep him crowdsurfing!  I've met him a couple of times - great bloke.

12 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I missed out on Big Jeff's IVW tour, I wouldn't want to be in the crowd trying to keep him crowdsurfing!  I've met him a couple of times - great bloke.

I just love the fact that live music can provide such a community for people. Love this vid :)

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope everyone is well! I'm feeling a bit better, and I have started driving again for the first time in 6 week. My car is broken but I wasnt up to driving anyway, so I wasnt in a hurry to get it fixed. My mechanic has now gone away but has lent me a car so I picked it up last night and today I DROVE TO WORK!! That might not seem like a big achievement, but I have been sooo shaky since The Incident that I havent been able to! So I must be getting better :) 

5 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope everyone is well! I'm feeling a bit better, and I have started driving again for the first time in 6 week. My car is broken but I wasnt up to driving anyway, so I wasnt in a hurry to get it fixed. My mechanic has now gone away but has lent me a car so I picked it up last night and today I DROVE TO WORK!! That might not seem like a big achievement, but I have been sooo shaky since The Incident that I havent been able to! So I must be getting better :) 

Yay, well done, bet that feels like a great step in the right direction. You did it, and you should be proud xxx

Hey all, 

Hope you're well and I'm glad to see things have made little steps forward for you Lucy.

My daughter had to have emergency surgery again last week; she's okay glady but hasn't quite been herself so we're getting her checked back out on Monday. 

Fingers crossed!

All bring well I have Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes on Wednesday in Manchester. Been looking forward to this one for a while. 

Take care.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:16 PM, Bisque said:

Anyone been to Uganda? Thinking of doing the Top Gear route, Harare & Kampala. I can not afford to go on safari.

When you say you can’t afford to on safari, Africa is dirt cheap, there are ways of going on safari as you put it for not much money at all. You aren’t going to be quaffing champagne is a big luxury safari tents but going on game drives is not expensive. 

6 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

My son was in Uganda for a couple of months last year, what do you want to know?

My main concern is how expensive it is. I don’t want to go on safari however, which seems to be the biggest cost.

What did your son do their?

I’ve only do North & South Africa apart from Lagos 😰 & Accra.

37 minutes ago, Smeble said:

When you say you can’t afford to on safari, Africa is dirt cheap, there are ways of going on safari as you put it for not much money at all. You aren’t going to be quaffing champagne is a big luxury safari tents but going on game drives is not expensive. 

I was very lucky to meet an old uni house mate who is a top ornithologist out in South Africa a few years ago, he used his pick up truck as a side business to do safari trips for extra cash. Joined him on a work layover. I don’t intend to quaff champagne, few beers at dusk in a hostel! I’ve just been put off booking as there seems to be a round circle trip to see the big 5 that costs a fortune. I think I’ve seen all those animals anyway.

Morning All and what a blustery one it is ....Glad the surgery went well @vintagelaureate hope the follow up goes well too .... im thinking that we need the return of @guypjfreak to the forum though :) .... ive just recovered my head now from my OD gig on fri .... I dont normally go in the pit ... but made an exception for this but legs still not recovered :) Good to hear improvements happening  lucy ..... Stay safe people 

23 hours ago, Bisque said:

I think I’ve seen all those animals anyway.

You couldn't even pay me to go on a safari. I am fully ware that time is precious, and  I just 'know', for me,  that there is no time to squander, in that area. 

As an aside, I did once meet a bloke who thought he had turned in to a very large python, when under the influence of a whole fly agaric mushroom. Apparently he was found trying to eat his own enormous rucksack. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You couldn't even pay me to go on a safari.

The trip he took me on would of cost a LOT of money, however we were basically a Hilux on our own. I don’t condone those “getting pictures with lion” or tiger type places but it was cool just to be out in the grassland just mooching around for a few hours. Just a Hilux, water, cameras & those things you use to see off far in the distance. & an air rifle.

15 hours ago, Bisque said:

The trip he took me on would of cost a LOT of money, however we were basically a Hilux on our own. I don’t condone those “getting pictures with lion” or tiger type places but it was cool just to be out in the grassland just mooching around for a few hours. Just a Hilux, water, cameras & those things you use to see off far in the distance. & an air rifle.

I once went on a three day trek though the mountain top villages in Chaing Mai. The place where my mate found that he'd accidentally brought several tabs of e with him from the UK. Christ almighty but not had he flown to Thailand from the UK, he'd travelled by air to Chaing Mai, before he discovered this little beauty. It would be fair to say that he was looking a bit sheepish at the breakfast table, where he told me about it. He also told me that his boyfriend (at that time, but now Civil Partner) had fucking kittens ( Hello H if you're reading this) and demanded that they went down the toilet there and then, which is what ensued. Now, imagine my horror at finding out this new and further information. All that went through my head was ' I could have eaten them to get rid of the evidence'.

Oh, only just remembered how I got to start this post. Anyway, we went up one of those fucking crazy mountains sides with guaranteed death drops on it's side, should you go over the edge. And it was pot holled to fuck. the vehicle was fucking flying at times. I have to acknowledge that the bloke driving got us to our destination, but do wonder if he had to also do it at such high velocity. And does he know exactly how much it costs to get one's shit laden bags dry cleaned? 

Fuck, I've onlu just re-re-remembered what it is that I wanted to say. Well, we arrived on a mountain top, and the bloke driving the vehicle shot off back down the mountain. Then within the first minute our guide pointed out the outside layer of a large snake. I then asked him if there were any dangerous animals out there. His response was that there were some very large predatory cats around, by which he meant one's that, could and would eat you. I looked at him with just his stick in his hand and thought ' Fuck me. What have you got yourself in to now'!

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Then within the first minute our guide pointed out the outside layer of a large snake. I then asked him if there were any dangerous animals out there. His response was that there were some very large predatory cats around, by which he meant one's that, could and would eat you. I looked at him with just his stick in his hand and thought ' Fuck me. What have you got yourself in to now'!

That’s really interesting, I didn’t know what there were any dangerous cats in Thailand, I guess where you went was off the many beaten track.

Only issue I had was on Malaysia, we had to wear masks on the back of our heads when walking in the jungle as tigers attack from behind. I think this has since been proven to not work. They go for your neck & rip out your spine.

Biggest thing we were concerned about were the snakes & elephants. Spiders & scorpions weren’t an issue, just as long as you shook your shoes out. Monitor lizards were quite friendly bit I’d hate to be bitten by one.

Saw a guy who had been bitten by a cobra & he hadn’t turned to work for a few days. Father drove to his house to check on him, he was blue & all bloated up like a whale. Awful.

Cobra came into the office once, had to stand on the desks while some of the Indian workers came in & beat the shit out of it with cricket bats.

I miss Asia.