NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

IThe underwater world sure if a mystical awesome one 🙂

Yeah, it's totally cosmic. I once saw a large fish with a huge bite out of it's back. So large that you could see it's whole bone structure on that part of it's back. It was just swimming along underneath me, as if it hadn't a care in the world. However, I knew that it probably wouldn't last the day, as something else was going to get it, as it tired. It's a dog eat cat world down there - or fish eat fish, I should say.

Hi all I've been absent a long time so only just read your very sad news @lucyginger, hope you're still doing OK with the help of your lovely friends. Just accept all help going, be kind to yourself, and take time out when you need it. Bereavement can make you feel like you're going mad... but it's all a normal reaction. 

Not feeling very optimistic about prospects in the resale, so investigating other festivals... but they're no substitute. And with nearly 6 months to go,  Glastonbury's mentioned on radio or TV every day. Aargh. 

In better news, eldest has a job starting next month, qa testing video games. Something he's been training for throughout his life! Youngest is doing OK at Leeds,  though unexpectedly better socially than academically. He's made some good friends but is finding the teaching poor and staff unhelpful. Time to kick some ass as Leeds is supposed to provide great support for students with autism, but none seems in evidence as yet.

We had a good Christmas and New Year, despite flu. Mr Moo gave me a copy of the Glastonbury book... and guess what I'd bought for him?!

@Yoghurt on a Stick only swam with reef sharks in Perhentian. Pretty harmless but couldn’t keep up with them. I put bread in my bottoms & got ravaged by fish around the groin.

If you want to go on a chill holiday then KL to Kota Bahru then taxi/ferry to Perhentian would be right up your street.

Kecil is the backpacker island, Besar is the 5* honeymoon island.

Just google search some pics 👌

I only have one from fb as I did a big delete.

80783E2F-2F30-40E8-8DCA-20476FB1EB3E.jpeg

Edited by Bisque

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick only swam with reef sharks in Perhentian. Pretty harmless but couldn’t keep up with them. I put bread in my bottoms & got ravaged by fish around the groin.

If you want to go on a chill holiday then KL to Kota Bahru then taxi/ferry to Perhentian would be right up your street.

Kecil is the backpacker island, Besar is the 5* honeymoon island.

Just google search some pics 👌

I only have one from fb as I did a big delete.

80783E2F-2F30-40E8-8DCA-20476FB1EB3E.jpeg

Hello Bisque,

Your bread story reminds me of an event which was a little bit startling. I was once diving with my mates in Menorca after a ferocious drinking session that had started the night before and lasted until the wee hours. I was feeling a little peculiar when we got to the dive school, and then looked up to see another two of my mates literally staggering down the lane to the dive school. I thought to myself that there's no way they should allow them two to dive, but they did. Then later when we all got in and under to the water having started the dive, my other mate (the expert diver) threw up through his regulators. I saw this happen and then thought Holy Fuck. Then all the little fish that were in the area swarmed around his head eating his vomit. His whole head was alive with fish. It was then that I thought Holy Fuck II, as he was leading the dive. Anyway, it sorted itself out in the end. 

I'll take a note of your further recommendations, but if I'm honest I don't expect to be doing any long haul travel soon. Well, not unless a miracle happens. I've had 5 years off from the rat race, but have got to go back to it again soon. That'll put a stop to my daily hedonistic actions, but may mean that I can save up for a sw*nky holiday.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:28 PM, Losing my hair said:

I've not been here for quite a while and so I've probably - almost certainly - missed out on lots of news but frankly I really can't trawl back to mid November in order to catch up - I just hope that I haven't missed anything truly momentous. 

I trust that everybody is well and that life is treating you at least tolerably. 

I'm so looking forward to June on the farm but as an early season taster I'm off to Roackaway Beach at Bognor Regis in a weeks time.

Happy New Year to everybody.

Im off to Rockaway Beach too. First festival, second weekend of the year....Get in!

Anyone been? Any tips for RB?

Happy New Year lovely people, not been around for a while due to life, flu, xmas, family stuff....  Hope you are coping @lucyginger Hope everyone else had a festive time and is now in full recovery mode.

Glastonbury 2020 is this year!!! All of those on the resale train make sure we know on here as I am sure plenty will be offering help.  xxx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Happy New Year lovely people, not been around for a while due to life, flu, xmas, family stuff....  Hope you are coping @lucyginger Hope everyone else had a festive time and is now in full recovery mode.

Glastonbury 2020 is this year!!! All of those on the resale train make sure we know on here as I am sure plenty will be offering help.  xxx

:) good stuff ... the resale spreadsheet will be going live later this week and im sure any offers of help like this will be massively appreciated by all 

4 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Crikey, halfway down page 3 - things have been quiet.

Just back from a fabulous weekend at Rockaway Beach - I never thought that you could have so much fun at a Butlins. 

Highlight of the weekend - Nova Twins; anybody with a Bearded Theory ticket is in for a treat.

I saw the AF gang Instagram feed posting about this. I didn't know it was a thing but it genuinely looked amazing. I had seen absolutely no promo for it; where did you hear about it? Bognor Regis is a little out my way but I'd have quite fancied it. 

34 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I saw the AF gang Instagram feed posting about this. I didn't know it was a thing but it genuinely looked amazing. I had seen absolutely no promo for it; where did you hear about it? Bognor Regis is a little out my way but I'd have quite fancied it. 

I heard about it from some friends who went last year and decided to go because of the line up. 

It seems to work on the basis that you pay for a room for the weekend so if you can fill an apartment it can come in at under £100 each for the weekend, which if you then do self catering is a bargain. Loads of people I spoke to had already booked for next year - tickets were on sale on site.

The vibe seemed very similar to Bearded Theory, I spoke with several people who do both, and the bands all seemed to enjoy it. There is an element of the surreal about it because of lot of the amusements are closed down for the winter and there's refurbishments going on. And the beer selection is rubbish - spent most of the weekend on Guinness.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang :)

I'm back at work after my sisters funeral on Friday. It was a lovely day, saw loads of people I've not seen for years. A good send off. 

So I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back to some sort of normality now. I'm still expecting meltdowns, but I feel generally much better. 

So what have I missed? Anything exciting? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

I'm back at work after my sisters funeral on Friday. It was a lovely day, saw loads of people I've not seen for years. A good send off. 

So I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back to some sort of normality now. I'm still expecting meltdowns, but I feel generally much better. 

You've not missed anything but we've missed you 😘😘😘

• Like 1

Job interview in London on Monday, not for a job in London. The weather on the South coast has been bloody awful.

edit: Hi I know we haven’t met to my knowledge @lucyginger but hope you are well (you never know, I accidentally met a famous efester by accident on a park bench along the train tracks listening in to what by friend had done with a lady the night before, we had a cuddle & spoke never to mention it again).

Edited by Bisque

16 hours ago, Bisque said:

Job interview in London on Monday, not for a job in London. The weather on the South coast has been bloody awful.

edit: Hi I know we haven’t met to my knowledge @lucyginger but hope you are well (you never know, I accidentally met a famous efester by accident on a park bench along the train tracks listening in to what by friend had done with a lady the night before, we had a cuddle & spoke never to mention it again).

I don;t think we have met in real life yet, thanks for thinking of me xx

On 1/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, lucyginger said:

Glad it went as well as these things can x