NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

As if getting tickets is not stressful enough, you have to hope and prey the banks do what they should be doing. I really feel for you folks.

Absolutely!! No issues thankfully. Didn't get a Verified by Visa either. My bank seemed to behave for a change! 

Think it was a coach sale one year, my old man used his credit card to pay and the bank blocked the transaction. He phoned right away to say they need to authorise that payment and all they could do was tell us to try the transaction again and it will be approved. Of course it was too late at this stage and it sold out. They clearly have never had to endure the stress of getting Glastonbury tickets!! 

Thankfully for the Sunday sale, or maybe the resale, he phoned ahead of time and told them too expect the transaction and it needs to be approved. We got sorted that year anyhow

55 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

You mean you hadn’t done before now??? Wow, living on the edge there like Quark ?

I am just a man on the edge like that!

I'd checked to see it as a payment pending on Sunday, but hadn't considered that it could subsequently go tits up!

2 hours ago, pentura said:

Yeah this is what had me on edge the last two days. Thankfully I knew mine takes between 24 - 48 hours to show up on the account. Couple with the fact I've never used my credit card for tickets before either, I was getting worried. Although I did use the same credit card a few times in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and the bank didn't bat an eyelid. Figured it'd be just my luck if they cancelled my Glastonbury booking! 

Haha sorry Quark!!! Seems me and @Curlygirl are just being overly cautious ?

I prefer the term 'focused'. I think I only checked 22 times on Sunday, from having seen the £300 on the future transactions section on my bank app. It's cleared and I've booked my leave before I get transferred to a new team. Now I just need to rebuild the trolley and buy some rum.

22 hours ago, Quark said:

Can we request that all of your posts are written on that shonky keyboard in future?

Unfortunately it's a work laptop so I have to give it back! 

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I was honestly laughing for a good half hour, tears were rolling down my face. Then I showed it to my mates and started all over again. In fact I’m chortling away again now at the memory. Just brilliant ??

I love this :) 

21 hours ago, Quark said:

It was funny enough on its own, but if you compare it to previous posts it's not actually that different from @lucyginger's drunk posts! That was what set me off :D

Oi!!! I will endeavour to post more often when squiffy in the hopes I can reenact the awful typing!! 

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Yep, and the ‘I’m not going to correct it Cos it’s funny’! I’d have been in panic mode if that was my Tday laptop but Lucy just gets on with it. Classic ?

I did panic a bit! But I had all the details on a notepad thingy so I could copy/[paste if lucky. I did put masking tape letters on the keys that had worn off though! I like to conduct my life in a fairly haphazard manner, as you know! So this was ok! :)

21 hours ago, carlosj said:

This please. Lucy, you are the Les Dawson of the forums. Or even Andre Preview.

Lucy Preview. 

21 hours ago, Quark said:

Lucy Dawson

Hmmm. 

My Q button on my old laptop doesn’t work. I forgot this on ticket day. Only put it on as a last minute thing as a back up. Ticket page only went and came up on the old bugger, and I was putting in post codes......one included a Q. Panic!!!!!! Had to open a tab type in “ueen” to get a Q I could copy and paste! Nightmare! 

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Whilst simultaneously writing frightening verse?

Sorry, no. They're far too needy and lazy. I'd have to type for them. Each morning consists of me telling them they've got food, take them to it. Then telling them they've got food, and taking them to it.

And, yes, I admit it, I talk to the cats and point at things. They must be laughing inside.

I'll get my coat.

Right my sulk is off, life is back in perspective! 

I hope all is well with you all. Your typing amused me @lucyginger, it was like my drunk texting but more sensical! I think your work place might want to invest in some new tech though! 

Had a bit of rubbish news following the disappointment of t day - my youngest has to have surgery again, it’s non emergency but will still be done in matter of days. She will be okay, it’s just incredibly frustrating, but she is resilient and keeps showing me how to move forward! 

Im glad a lot of you guys (and gals) got sorted last week! The farm will be a sunny place with your presence! 

Just now, Losing my hair said:

Sorry you didn't get a ticket, hopefully you'll get lucky in the resale. 

Bad news about your youngest, I hope everything goes OK. It's amazing how kids come through setbacks - perhaps they haven't worked out that it's supposed to be different.

Cheers - ballot, resale or competition, I'll see what happens. I was really downbeat for a couple of days but I'm back to being philosophical on it now. Whatever will be, will be. 

And thanks on my daughter, it's her seventh or eighth brain surgery in twenty four months so it gets a little stressful at times. She is much more relaxed about it than me!

32 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers - ballot, resale or competition, I'll see what happens. I was really downbeat for a couple of days but I'm back to being philosophical on it now. Whatever will be, will be. 

And thanks on my daughter, it's her seventh or eighth brain surgery in twenty four months so it gets a little stressful at times. She is much more relaxed about it than me!

Wow, I didn't realise. That must take a lot of you all. Hope it all gets back to normal pronto.

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Right my sulk is off, life is back in perspective! 

I hope all is well with you all. Your typing amused me @lucyginger, it was like my drunk texting but more sensical! I think your work place might want to invest in some new tech though! 

Had a bit of rubbish news following the disappointment of t day - my youngest has to have surgery again, it’s non emergency but will still be done in matter of days. She will be okay, it’s just incredibly frustrating, but she is resilient and keeps showing me how to move forward! 

Im glad a lot of you guys (and gals) got sorted last week! The farm will be a sunny place with your presence! 

Aw Vintage I hope the op goes well and you keep looking after yourself too - so easy to forget when everything is focused on getting your daughter through the next fight that comes along.  I've been feeling sorry for myself being both ticketless and wiped out by flu... but I think your need for healing vibes is greater.

Sending you and your family warm (virtual and non-infectious) hugs xx

14 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Aw Vintage I hope the op goes well and you keep looking after yourself too - so easy to forget when everything is focused on getting your daughter through the next fight that comes along.  I've been feeling sorry for myself being both ticketless and wiped out by flu... but I think your need for healing vibes is greater.

Sending you and your family warm (virtual and non-infectious) hugs xx

Thank you. ❤️ 

I hope you're recovering now too! There's alot of flu/cold/viral stuff about right now! 

15 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

My Q button on my old laptop doesn’t work. I forgot this on ticket day. Only put it on as a last minute thing as a back up. Ticket page only went and came up on the old bugger, and I was putting in post codes......one included a Q. Panic!!!!!! Had to open a tab type in “ueen” to get a Q I could copy and paste! Nightmare! 

Wow Dee, that wouldn’t have entered my head to do that! Even in a calm manner ? congrats for being so level headed! 

11 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeesh, fingers crossed for successful op and swift recovery bud.

It's easy for me to say as one of the successful ones, but things certainly do have a habit of cropping up and putting life in perspective.  Not that long after the sale we got a message in a whatsapp group that one of the guys I play rugby with had passed away from cancer that morning, only mid-40s and something he'd kept quiet as he didn't want the associated fuss.

So yeah, you gotta keep pretty zen on stuff like this and keep things in perspective!

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Anyone watching the rugby? I suspect this is going to be a good match!!! I’ll only get to catch the first half, I’ll try to watch the second on my phone until I’m back in court. 

Yep, got the first half running before my morning of pointless meetings kicks in! :D

1 minute ago, Quark said:

It's easy for me to say as one of the successful ones, but things certainly do have a habit of cropping up and putting life in perspective.  Not that long after the sale we got a message in a whatsapp group that one of the guys I play rugby with had passed away from cancer that morning, only mid-40s and something he'd kept quiet as he didn't want the associated fuss.

Sorry to hear this Quark. There are more important things in life than Glastonbury but it certainly does raise spirits for those struggling through life. Condolences to you and your mates x