NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

Happy to say that I got a ticket but I had the same experience with the payment page that others seem to have had; entered the payment details, hit Proceed and then it just hung, and I got the Page Unresponsive pop-up so I just kept hitting Wait and then the page crashed. Hit the back button, got back in to the registration page again, tried to enter the details but it said they had been used then the whole thing crashed again. I was assuming the worst but then the confirmation emails came through - Phew - but I was a bag of nerves by that point.

Congrats to everybody else who got tickets, I'll see you in June.

Commiserations to those who missed out, best of luck in the resale.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:36 PM, vintagelaureate said:

I've gone very pessimistic on it. One of my friends is highly confident but he hasn't really seen the situation online. 

My friend is a mathematician and based on approximate numbers, previous sales, coach etc. - he reckons there is a 1 in 24 chance of getting a ticket. 

In depressing news, my mates maths was pretty accurate. 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

In depressing news, my mates maths was pretty accurate. 

I’m honestly gutted for so many people. 

I got home from Tday hq and had so many messages from friends that didn’t succeed. What amazes me is how angry some of them are. Unfortunately there is no magic system to allow us all to get there. But saying that, I’m one of the lucky few. It’s going to be a long wait til April. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m honestly gutted for so many people. 

I got home from Tday hq and had so many messages from friends that didn’t succeed. What amazes me is how angry some of them are. Unfortunately there is no magic system to allow us all to get there. But saying that, I’m one of the lucky few. It’s going to be a long wait til April. 

It definitely is! ?

I can’t believe some of the reactions on twitter and Facebook. I can understand people being disappointed but they all seem to want to blame someone because they missed out. 

Missed out myself but got the resale and seriously considering working it if I can find a way. Don’t see the point of getting angry and demanding that the process gets changed.

4 minutes ago, AvalonLover1964 said:

I can’t believe some of the reactions on twitter and Facebook. I can understand people being disappointed but they all seem to want to blame someone because they missed out. 

Missed out myself but got the resale and seriously considering working it if I can find a way. Don’t see the point of getting angry and demanding that the process gets changed.

I agree, going to Glastonbury is a privilege not a right, and no one gets to decide who deserves to go.  Am absolutely gutted not to get a ticket but can't begrudge those who've been successful,  particularly newbies.  It's hard to see how they could make it fairer - it would be nice if they could iron out the glitches in the payment process,  but that wouldn't guarantee any of us a ticket.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I agree, going to Glastonbury is a privilege not a right, and no one gets to decide who deserves to go.  Am absolutely gutted not to get a ticket but can't begrudge those who've been successful,  particularly newbies.  It's hard to see how they could make it fairer - it would be nice if they could iron out the glitches in the payment process,  but that wouldn't guarantee any of us a ticket.

And if I read about one more person who has been trying for the last “15” years and has failed everytime I will scream ? 

13 hours ago, AvalonLover1964 said:

And if I read about one more person who has been trying for the last “15” years and has failed everytime I will scream ? 

I’ve lost count of the amount of posts I’ve seen of that nature!! 

Morning all. I’m currently sat in court waiting to give evidence so I still have a nervous belly! Hopefully I’ll be finished today so I don’t need to come back tomorrow ?

21 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I’ve lost count of the amount of posts I’ve seen of that nature!! 

Morning all. I’m currently sat in court waiting to give evidence so I still have a nervous belly! Hopefully I’ll be finished today so I don’t need to come back tomorrow ?

I have seen a few getting absolutely ripped apart by some for making this sort of claim. I feel a bit sorry for them as people are giving them a bit too much of a hard time. 

22 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I love you mate :)

I was very lucky this year to get a ticket. Half our lot didn't, which is exactly the opposite of last year. So it's resale for us again. 

Sorry some people were't lucky :(

Can we request that all of your posts are written on that shonky keyboard in future?

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can we request that all of your posts are written on that shonky keyboard in future?

I was honestly laughing for a good half hour, tears were rolling down my face. Then I showed it to my mates and started all over again. In fact I’m chortling away again now at the memory. Just brilliant ??

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I was honestly laughing for a good half hour, tears were rolling down my face. Then I showed it to my mates and started all over again. In fact I’m chortling away again now at the memory. Just brilliant ??

It was funny enough on its own, but if you compare it to previous posts it's not actually that different from @lucyginger's drunk posts! That was what set me off :D

Just now, Quark said:

It was funny enough on its own, but if you compare it to previous posts it's not actually that different from @lucyginger's drunk posts! That was what set me off :D

Yep, and the ‘I’m not going to correct it Cos it’s funny’! I’d have been in panic mode if that was my Tday laptop but Lucy just gets on with it. Classic ?

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

This please. Lucy, you are the Les Dawson of the forums. Or even Andre Preview.

Dropped back to the THIRD page!! ?

Morning campers. Checked my bank account this morning an the tickets funds have finally cleared. I know the order was confirmed and emails gone out, but couldn't rest easy until the transaction was actually done. Read some horror stories on here of banks rejecting transaction after ticket purchase and the booking cancelled and tickets revoked. Don't even wanna think about how furious I'd be. It's all suddenly gotten a bit real.

Sticking in some NFR NFC prayers now. Chilly morning here in Dublin..

9 minutes ago, pentura said:

Dropped back to the THIRD page!! ?

Morning campers. Checked my bank account this morning an the tickets funds have finally cleared. I know the order was confirmed and emails gone out, but couldn't rest easy until the transaction was actually done. Read some horror stories on here of banks rejecting transaction after ticket purchase and the booking cancelled and tickets revoked. Don't even wanna think about how furious I'd be. It's all suddenly gotten a bit real.

Sticking in some NFR NFC prayers now. Chilly morning here in Dublin..

Morning Pentura. I was checking my bank every hour on the hour until mine cleared on Thursday. It took two days for the pending transaction to go through. Scary times. 

8 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Morning Pentura. I was checking my bank every hour on the hour until mine cleared on Thursday. It took two days for the pending transaction to go through. Scary times. 

Same here! My online banking on the credit card is seriously delayed for some reason. Transactions go through like 2 days later which is strange. I knew this when we got the confirmation email but was still constantly checking the transactions. My fear was the bank would see it as dubious and cancel it. Was ready to phone them this morning but thankfully showed up

7 minutes ago, pentura said:

Same here! My online banking on the credit card is seriously delayed for some reason. Transactions go through like 2 days later which is strange. I knew this when we got the confirmation email but was still constantly checking the transactions. My fear was the bank would see it as dubious and cancel it. Was ready to phone them this morning but thankfully showed up

Yep I used a credit card for the first time. I got it especially to buy tickets due to the new rules with my debit card (they actually  sent me a card reader, that wouldn’t have worked with someone else getting my tickets). In the small print of the confirmation email does it say somewhere to check the payment has come out or it can be cancelled? I’m sure I’ve seen that. 

Yep... bottom of the email

If your transaction hasn't been processed within 72 hours, contact See Tickets immediately. Any transaction that results in a charge back or payment dispute will be cancelled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to pay for the tickets.

Edited by Curlygirl

27 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yep I used a credit card for the first time. I got it especially to buy tickets due to the new rules with my debit card (they actually  sent me a card reader, that wouldn’t have worked with someone else getting my tickets). In the small print of the confirmation email does it say somewhere to check the payment has come out or it can be cancelled? I’m sure I’ve seen that. 

Yep... bottom of the email

If your transaction hasn't been processed within 72 hours, contact See Tickets immediately. Any transaction that results in a charge back or payment dispute will be cancelled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to pay for the tickets.

Yeah this is what had me on edge the last two days. Thankfully I knew mine takes between 24 - 48 hours to show up on the account. Couple with the fact I've never used my credit card for tickets before either, I was getting worried. Although I did use the same credit card a few times in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and the bank didn't bat an eyelid. Figured it'd be just my luck if they cancelled my Glastonbury booking! 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Had to check my card account, you buggers put the wind up me with this chat! :lol:

Haha sorry Quark!!! Seems me and @Curlygirl are just being overly cautious ?

29 minutes ago, pentura said:

Yeah this is what had me on edge the last two days. Thankfully I knew mine takes between 24 - 48 hours to show up on the account. Couple with the fact I've never used my credit card for tickets before either, I was getting worried. Although I did use the same credit card a few times in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and the bank didn't bat an eyelid. Figured it'd be just my luck if they cancelled my Glastonbury booking! 

Haha sorry Quark!!! Seems me and @Curlygirl are just being overly cautious ?

As if getting tickets is not stressful enough, you have to hope and prey the banks do what they should be doing. I really feel for you folks.