NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

Hi lovelies. Well that's it! Festival season is officially over for me. I've had an absolute ball but I'm physically broken. Between the trenchfoot, popped rib and infected toe :bad:,  I don't think my body could take another one. It's time to get the head in the sand, bunker down, and get some shifts in at work ready for next years shenanigans. Pilton Party looked amazing, I saw many videos from friends that were there. Supergrass rocked it!! Hope you're all well

41 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Glad the summer was everything you wanted lovely.  We still jhave one more to do then winter gigs to fill the gap until next season. Pilton party was great, Supergrass seemed genuinely surprised at the reception and will be fantastic next year whichever stage they play on.

Everything and more mate. What a summer. I have nothing booked now until December. Flying down to Bristol to see Imperial Leisure. I’m passing by your way 1st October. Well, I’m travelling from Pembrokeshire to Gainsborough. I may have to visit the farm en route. Which one is your last? 

12 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Everything and more mate. What a summer. I have nothing booked now until December. Flying down to Bristol to see Imperial Leisure. I’m passing by your way 1st October. Well, I’m travelling from Pembrokeshire to Gainsborough. I may have to visit the farm en route. Which one is your last? 

If you need a bed in Pilton let us know pet. You are always welcome.

Our last festival is Mucky weekender.  Then it's gigs until 2020, when we start all over again in February. Gonna be a long winter!

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Our last festival is Mucky weekender.  Then it's gigs until 2020, when we start all over again in February. Gonna be a long winter!

How was Pilton Party ? Thought of you all on Friday as we rocked our way to France for the weekend. Hope the weather held of you

I'm the same as you @Curlygirl ready to dig down for the winter , got Pete Tong in Manchester in December, and just decided to book to see Editors in manchester again in Feb 2020, other than that got a 'big birthday weekend' to plan --- anyone got any ideas where I can  go for the weekend oin November thats easy to fly from from Jersey, and has a cheesy place to party one night and a decent gig the other. (not a lot to ask eh) , nearly booked to go to Butlins music weekend but the weekend in question is a soul weekend and loads of tribute bads, had it been the weekend before thats  Shine weekend with Indie or the weekend after thats 80 electronic I'd have been there like a shot lol

Wondering about Bristol ? or nearly ended up in Leicester (bistrolive and snow patrol but couldn;t get snowpatrol tickets) so gone back to the drawing board - really trying to avoid London, Manchester and Liverpool and Edinburgh (and nowhere too too far North as got firiends driving up from Essex

Pilton Party was lovely. The sun came out with blue skies at 5pm, just as the gates opened. It had been r*** and grey all day! Nicely timed

Bristol is a great place to spend the weekend. See what's on at:

Thekla 

The Exchange

The Fleece 

The O2 

Crofters or the Louisiana Also Marble factory or Motion for gigs and all nighters. Boomtown has a Halloween night in Nov in Bristol but I think that might be sold out now.

Spend the afternoon walking Worthy Farm ( 30 mins from Bristol).

If you want hotel recommendations let us know. We've probably stayed at every hotel in Bristol ?

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Where is the MW Dee?  I know it's up this neck of the woods somewhere 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Pilton Party was lovely. The sun came out with blue skies at 5pm, just as the gates opened. It had been r*** and grey all day! Nicely timed

Bristol is a great place to spend the weekend. See what's on at:

Thekla 

The Exchange

The Fleece 

The O2 

Crofters or the Louisiana Also Marble factory or Motion for gigs and all nighters. Boomtown has a Halloween night in Nov in Bristol but I think that might be sold out now.

Spend the afternoon walking Worthy Farm ( 30 mins from Bristol).

If you want hotel recommendations let us know. We've probably stayed at every hotel in Bristol ?

perfect thanks Dee, its Bristol or Leicester at the moment lol, off to google all the venues you;ve suggested !

11 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

That is so kind of you!! Thank you so much. If I may I will take you up on the offer. I plan on being there for lunch time on the 1st October and asking Simon and Deb if they fancy a walk around the farm. I’m staying over at @Seldom Seen Kids On the way to Pembrokeshire and at another festival friends for a few days before coming to you. Then it’s up to Gainsborough to set up Tday HQ ?I’m looking forward to a road trip 

what kind of bands play Mucky Weekender? 

I've heard lots of good things about Bristol @Funkyfairy!. It's somewhere I plan on visiting next time I'm passing through. 

Sounds like you've had a great summer @Curlygirl. I really want to do Bearded Theory but I won't be able to get the time off work, especially if successful on T-Day. Green Man is another one I'd like to do next year too. 

I've not got much lined up over autumn / winter - bar a very busy week or so! In the space of four days I've got tickets for Fontaines DC, Chemical Brothers and Crows, plus a wedding to go to! I don't know how that happened and I don't think my wife is best pleased! I'm tempted to add Heavy Lungs (if you like IDLES check them out - lead singer is Danny Nedelko) a few days before hand but it might go down like a lead balloon. I've got IDLES in December too, then a barren wasteland musically till next February! 

Good job the kids keep me busy enough! ?

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've heard lots of good things about Bristol @Funkyfairy!. It's somewhere I plan on visiting next time I'm passing through. 

Sounds like you've had a great summer @Curlygirl. I really want to do Bearded Theory but I won't be able to get the time off work, especially if successful on T-Day. Green Man is another one I'd like to do next year too. 

I've not got much lined up over autumn / winter - bar a very busy week or so! In the space of four days I've got tickets for Fontaines DC, Chemical Brothers and Crows, plus a wedding to go to! I don't know how that happened and I don't think my wife is best pleased! I'm tempted to add Heavy Lungs (if you like IDLES check them out - lead singer is Danny Nedelko) a few days before hand but it might go down like a lead balloon. I've got IDLES in December too, then a barren wasteland musically till next February! 

Good job the kids keep me busy enough! ?

I have heard of Heavy Lungs but I haven’t heard any of their music. IDLES sing a song called Danny Nadelko! So was that that a tribute to them? Are they mates? 

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I have heard of Heavy Lungs but I haven’t heard any of their music. IDLES sing a song called Danny Nadelko! So was that that a tribute to them? Are they mates? 

Yeah, he is a close friend of the band. They're also under the same management. The song is about celebrating immigration (he is from the the Ukraine). At Boomtown in 2018, Danny Nedelko actually sung Danny Nedelko with IDLES! Heavy Lungs have just announced a tour (it's in the thread on here).

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

That is so kind of you!! Thank you so much. If I may I will take you up on the offer. I plan on being there for lunch time on the 1st October and asking Simon and Deb if they fancy a walk around the farm. I’m staying over at @Seldom Seen Kids On the way to Pembrokeshire and at another festival friends for a few days before coming to you. Then it’s up to Gainsborough to set up Tday HQ ?I’m looking forward to a road trip 

Oh ok. I'll be at work but Simon maybe is free.

I've sent you a link to Mucky weekender line up. It's organised by the Dub Pistols . Got Leftfield, Stanton Warriors,  Nextmen, Don Left a, Rodney P. Etc

15 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Oh ok. I'll be at work but Simon maybe is free.

I've sent you a link to Mucky weekender line up. It's organised by the Dub Pistols . Got Leftfield, Stanton Warriors,  Nextmen, Don Left a, Rodney P. Etc

I guessed you would be at work. I’ll send Simon a message. I’m happy to walk around on my own, a friend may come down for the day if she can get it off work. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it takes 30 minutes to get out of Bristol most of the time.. ;) 

Aye, 30 years ago you could get to Pilton from Brizzle in half an hour, if you really tanked it.

These days with all the 30/40 zones, traffic lights and increased traffic it's an hour or more depending on time of day.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, clarkete said:

Aye, 30 years ago you could get to Pilton from Brizzle in half an hour, if you really tanked it.

These days with all the 30/40 zones, traffic lights and increased traffic it's an hour or more depending on time of day.

There's only one way to achieve it today, I reckon, and that's to make time;

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:35 PM, Curlygirl said:

Looking forward to hosting @Curlygirl!!!

Not going to lie, might be up for a "Mucky Weekender" having looked at the line up.  Gawd knows I can't afford it but there's some decent bands on....

On 9/11/2019 at 11:48 PM, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Looking forward to hosting @Curlygirl!!!

Not going to lie, might be up for a "Mucky Weekender" having looked at the line up.  Gawd knows I can't afford it but there's some decent bands on....

Bloody hell, that's a coast to coast schlep for you if you do it!!

Anyway, happy Friday kids.  The sun is shining and all new album releases have been canned in favour of what is basically a Baggy Mondays playlist. Hope everyone has a lovely one :friends:

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Bloody hell, that's a coast to coast schlep for you if you do it!!

Anyway, happy Friday kids.  The sun is shining and all new album releases have been canned in favour of what is basically a Baggy Mondays playlist. Hope everyone has a lovely one :friends:

Logical brain says I can't do it, but it was nice to entertain the idea! The monotony of job hunting is driving me up the wall.

Have a lovely weekend, folks!