NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

On 7/23/2019 at 6:49 PM, guypjfreak said:

Yea I'll definitely be around.. You can't not find people at CB.. I'll have a purple goaty long hair and from the looks of it a whole tribe lol.. Definitely watching elvana or what ever his name is..... Oo I'll probably have a cider.. No I'll definitely have a cider in a glastonbury cup to keep it cool lol 

Will be at elvana too Will keep my eyes open for purple goatee! On our way from the north west now stopping overnight then hopefully on site by early afternoon tomorrow  - beats being in the office! Enjoy cricket @Quark although they didnt do too well today.. prob still hungover from the world cup victory 

35 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh and @Quark The Allergies don’t clash. They’re on 1-3am. We will definitely be there 

Sweet!

Not sure what the stage mix or clashes are like at Kendal btw, but my twitter feed's popped up to tell me that Slow Readers Club have supersubbed in to replace Dermot Kennedy as Sunday headliner on the Calling Out stage. If you like your White Lies / Editors type noise I'd definitely recommend them. Proper good live :)

On 7/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, guypjfreak said:

Soz been buzy sorting van out.. 

Thanks 

Well baby/lady Ruby is just fine although she's finding friendship can be a minefield..... We've all been there...... But she's growing up lovely and I'm looking forward to this weekend.. 

Baby Evie is a bit of a lump.. She is just about shuffling on her bum now.. Loves her food but its a bit of a nightmare cos she can't have dairy.. We had her the other night and she was great.. 

Baby Eliza... Well she's a bit special.. She's a year old on Mon so we're celebrating at camp bestival.. Its been an absolute crazy year.. She is learning things but compared to baby Evie who's 2 months younger it's mad to see how far behind she is BUT BUT you have to remember that baby Eliza died 3 times and wasn't really here for up to 3 months so we just see that. 

We still don't know if she will walk, talk or blink but she smiles...... She can see but not great BUT she sees you ,, she can hear from one ear BUT she hears you if you phone.. 

All in all we've 3 lovely girls all different and all top of the range old sons.. 

I'm just gonna say a big thank you to vinaigrette for the support he's given me this year and that goes to all you nut cases 

Peace and tea..... Yes tea.. 

Guy 

Ps 

Don't worry to much me and wife have 32l homemade blackberry cider for boomtown lol.... Plus a few other weird drinks tboot lol 

Gxxxx

Thanks Guy. 

I'm glad things are looking up. Enjoy Bestival... that goes to all who are there.

Sorry for my absence, I've had a tough month. I won't go into the details but my head hasn't been in a good place. I should have come on here to be honest to talk it out! 

Things are perking up now... I have five weeks off work to enjoy summer! The benefit of working in education! 

I hope everyone is well, enjoying this fabulous weather and living their best lives! 

I'll try and be more active! 

Take care!

39 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks Guy. 

I'm glad things are looking up. Enjoy Bestival... that goes to all who are there.

Sorry for my absence, I've had a tough month. I won't go into the details but my head hasn't been in a good place. I should have come on here to be honest to talk it out! 

Things are perking up now... I have five weeks off work to enjoy summer! The benefit of working in education! 

I hope everyone is well, enjoying this fabulous weather and living their best lives! 

Take care!

good to have you back :) ...Guy could do with some support in the Tminus thread :) ... have a good summer.. anything planned ?

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@Losing my hair thanx for the recommendation of KOG and the Zongo brigade, they were bloody amazing. And my mates think I’ve got fantastic taste ;)  

Thunderstorms were brilliant here, but at one point we all got sent back to our tents!

Glad you enjoyed them and I'm happy  take the fantastic taste tag by association. ?

I hope the weather gods are smiling on you now.

13 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I think I have trenchfoot. That was the worst weather I’ve ever experienced at a Festival! Both walking boots and muck boots were drenched. It was still bloody brilliant tho. I’m covered in bruises from moshing ? 

wow, that must have been a tough one, bruising from moshing is admiral and they are moshing kisses that should be adored :-)

have you dried out yet? who were your highlights ?

I'm off camping on the island next weekend just because I'm missing living in a tent lol - 7 miles from home :-)

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

wow, that must have been a tough one, bruising from moshing is admiral and they are moshing kisses that should be adored ?

have you dried out yet? who were your highlights ?

I'm off camping on the island next weekend just because I'm missing living in a tent lol - 7 miles from home ?

Highlight of the festival was definitely Idles. They smashed it. But I equally loved K.O.G, Our Fold, Subways, Slowthai, KT Tunstall and The Lottery Winners. There was a lot of teenagers there this year. Most of them were lovely but some of them were cheeky little shits, barging past people, peeing everywhere, dropping rubbish and being generally rude. I still had a brilliant time but I think my Kendal days are over. 

I would happily camp 7 miles from home! As long as you’re with the right people it’ll be amazing. 

I got back to a wet Preston yesterday after surviving Kendal.  Feel terrible for bailing early but heat stroke on the first day then battling with mud was just too much for me.  Had a cracking time with the people I was with though ?. Might have tried to stick it out til the end if Dermot Kennedy was still on the bill, but I think getting home when I did was the right decision.

Got a couple of flooded roads near me, and there's big thunderstorm warnings in place from tomorrow til midnight on Wednesday with further flooding risks so going to stock up on supplies this evening just in case.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:53 PM, crazyfool1 said:

good to have you back :) ...Guy could do with some support in the Tminus thread :) ... have a good summer.. anything planned ?

Full time grandparenting from today onwards.. Baby Eliza today and bady Evie in a few weeks..baby Eliza was one yesterday.. Mad ah .. And as on q here she is.. 

2 of my angels 

Byeeeeeeeee 

IMG_20190729_170309831.jpg

P1100187.JPG

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 7/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, Curlygirl said:

I think I have trenchfoot. That was the worst weather I’ve ever experienced at a Festival! Both walking boots and muck boots were drenched. It was still bloody brilliant tho. I’m covered in bruises from moshing ? 

Whereabouts were you? Womad was very hot and then fairly hot with a small bit of rain Friday night. Ground bone dry

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Full time grandparenting from today onwards.. Baby Eliza today and bady Evie in a few weeks..baby Eliza was one yesterday.. Mad ah .. And as on q here she is.. 

2 of my angels 

Byeeeeeeeee 

IMG_20190729_170309831.jpg

P1100187.JPG

Brilliant Guy!

4 hours ago, Spacey said:

Whereabouts were you? Womad was very hot and then fairly hot with a small bit of r**n Friday night. Ground bone dry

Kendal Calling. It’s always ‘not dry’ there but that was relentless. Didn’t help I was moshing I suppose. But soaked feet for two days isn’t good. 

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Kendal Calling. It’s always ‘not dry’ there but that was relentless. Didn’t help I was moshing I suppose. But soaked feet for two days isn’t good. 

I went 2017 and 2018, nice first day, ok second then it rains. 

Glad I skipped it this year. 

On 7/26/2019 at 4:12 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks Guy. 

Take care!

Glad things are improving Vintage; sometimes it's hard to post on here when you're feeling low. But remember we're all sending you our best vibes and warm hugs. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:32 AM, dizzymoo said:

Glad things are improving Vintage; sometimes it's hard to post on here when you're feeling low. But remember we're all sending you our best vibes and warm hugs. 

I second that - sending squidy hugs and hope the world looks brighter x