NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It must be so nice not to have that stress. Husband is now on board with my Pilton pad idea but unfortunately only if we win the lottery and he doesn't have to work so guess who bought a lottery ticket today!! 

All fingers crossed then. Just looked to see what is actually for sale in the village. £245,000 Is the cheapest!! And houses at that price don't come up that often. But if you have a spare £600,000 from your winnings there are some nice ones. Ours is a shed in comparison to these.

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

All fingers crossed then. Just looked to see what is actually for sale in the village. £245,000 Is the cheapest!! And houses at that price don't come up that often. But if you have a spare £600,000 from your winnings there are some nice ones. Ours is a shed in comparison to these.

The jackpot on Friday is £80 million so I should be okay. I should even have enough money to help you out with your roof :D  I had noticed that it isn't the cheapest place in the world to live. It's my birthday Friday and I'll be 42 which according to Douglas Adams is the answer to the life, the universe and everything. For me that would be a Pilton pad so I'm taking it as a sign!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

The jackpot on Friday is £80 million so I should be okay. I should even have enough money to help you out with your roof :D  I had noticed that it isn't the cheapest place in the world to live. It's my birthday Friday and I'll be 42 which according to Douglas Adams is the answer to the life, the universe and everything. For me that would be a Pilton pad so I'm taking it as a sign!! 

You can't go wrong then, no point in me buying a ticket. :)

Morning all, a pad in Pilton sounds like a dream, such a beautiful village with a great community feel ... and love the local pub @deebeedoobee x

In other news if anyone finds a spare voice can you send it my way, I don;t care if its male/female or unicorn only I have totally and utterly lost mine and finding it rather frustrating

Last time we had a hot and dusty Glasto (was it 2010 ?) my voice disappeared for 6 weeks , I am hoping this one is found a lot lot quicker !!!

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I'm thinking it's more realistic to buy a cow suit and 365 pot noodles, and wait it out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I'm thinking it's more realistic to buy a cow suit and 365 pot noodles, and wait it out.

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one! 

3 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

It sounds like a plan until the bull is put in with you........

Yes I am not up for that!!! 

4 hours ago, pilton digger said:

It sounds like a plan until the bull is put in with you........

Yeah, but it won't be a good looking cow suit. I'll be fine.

Last night shift... Hooorrraaahhhh!! I get to go camping tomorrow in Scarborough. The weather is always pants. I'll take it all! I'm getting in as many sacrifices as I possibly can prior to Kendal. Only 10 more days and I'm actually excited for it this year.

Edited by Curlygirl

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Last night shift... Hooorrraaahhhh!! I get to go camping tomorrow in Scarborough. The weather is always pants. I'll take it all! I'm getting in as many sacrifices as I possibly can prior to Kendal. Only 10 more days and I'm actually excited for it this year.

yay have a great time CG x

On 7/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, Funkyfairy! said:

In other news if anyone finds a spare voice can you send it my way, I don;t care if its male/female or unicorn only I have totally and utterly lost mine and finding it rather frustrating

Last time we had a hot and dusty Glasto (was it 2010 ?) my voice disappeared for 6 weeks , I am hoping this one is found a lot lot quicker !!!

Oh, maybe the dust contributed to mine getting lost somewhere on the farm too! Or maybe it was just shouting too heartily along to IDLES...

It always goes a bit awry by the Saturday evening, but this year it had buggered off before sunrise on Saturday morning, and didn't come back for a good week. Work was pretty embarrassing on Tuesday, as I was supposed to have my first month review over Skype, and had to cancel it as I was unable to make any sound over a whisper. 

Six weeks though! You poor thing! I hope it returns ASAP

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh, maybe the dust contributed to mine getting lost somewhere on the farm too! Or maybe it was just shouting too heartily along to IDLES...

It always goes a bit awry by the Saturday evening, but this year it had buggered off before sunrise on Saturday morning, and didn't come back for a good week. Work was pretty embarrassing on Tuesday, as I was supposed to have my first month review over Skype, and had to cancel it as I was unable to make any sound over a whisper. 

Six weeks though! You poor thing! I hope it returns ASAP

Thanks, its back but darn sore and still have a barking cough - oh well all worth it :-)

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Been looking at the lineup CG, there's always clashes but if you want to get your groove on Friday night I massively recommend The Allergies. They are chuffing brilliant!

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

That's a great line up at Kendal. On the Thursday check out KOG and the Zongo Brigade - saw them at Womad last year and loved them.

Are litter picking spots available yet for next year? My step daughter was on the 6am-noon shift this year and has now been told she's got a spot for next year. And she's swanning round Europe enjoying herself on holiday.

#postglastonburyblues

#dontreallywantto bebehindadeskinsummer

:crying:

17 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

That's a great line up at Kendal. On the Thursday check out KOG and the Zongo Brigade - saw them at Womad last year and loved them.

Aye, saw KOG on West Holts the year they were in the Emerging Talent Competition. 2016? or 2015? It was the year Declan Mckenna won. They were bloody good fun!

On 7/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, Quark said:

Been looking at the lineup CG, there's always clashes but if you want to get your groove on Friday night I massively recommend The Allergies. They are chuffing brilliant!

Hopefully they’re on later than Nike Rodgers and Chic!! I’ll hotfoot it over just Incase. 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, Losing my hair said:

Thanx for the recommendation! I’ll have a look when I get the programme. I’m assuming they’re in Chai Wallah, I’m sure there’s only 2 stages open on Thursday 

On 7/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, carlosj said:

Are litter picking spots available yet for next year? My step daughter was on the 6am-noon shift this year and has now been told she's got a spot for next year. And she's swanning round Europe enjoying herself on holiday.

#postglastonburyblues

#dontreallywantto bebehindadeskinsummer

:crying:

Lots of people I know have already been told they have places next year. The joys of having worked it before. Must be a nice feeling knowing you don’t have to be in the scrum on Tday 

9 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hopefully they’re on later than Nike Rodgers and Chic!! I’ll hotfoot it over just Incase. 

If you haven't already, give em a listen on Spotify.  As We Do Our Thing is my fav of their releases, lots of northern soul samples and hippity hop. When I saw them they were working turntables as well as electronic gadgetry, plenty of live scratching and mixing. Absolute blast :D

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

If you haven't already, give em a listen on Spotify.  As We Do Our Thing is my fav of their releases, lots of northern soul samples and hippity hop. When I saw them they were working turntables as well as electronic gadgetry, plenty of live scratching and mixing. Absolute blast :D

Can I have a good jump around to them? That’s the kinda music I love

edited... they’re not on Spotify. 

Edited by Curlygirl