Lessons learned

Gabi_says

On 7/6/2019 at 6:37 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tends to be friends of friends who suddenly join the gang and can fuck a dynamic up.

Yes! This! My friend are all great, but one of them bought an extra.... and oh my god.

I'm already trying to work out how to tactfully explain that if we all get tickets next year, she will not be invited to camp with us, but I'm worried that such thoughts will anger the ticket gods (who are, presumably, all about inclusivity)

1- A hench airbed with an electric pump is brilliant. It may weight a few extra KG, but so worth it to get back at night and sleep on what feels like a normal bed.

2- If you are waiting through an act for the next one, just make the most of what's on in front of you. It may not be your cup of tea, but sing along with what you can pick up and dance. It will make your time way more enjoyable.

3- If you can get up at 6:30, get to those showers. It's incredible how much better you feel after a shower.

4- Do your number 2s. Even if it means a trek to a clean toilet. When you get back it can cause you a lot of trouble if you've been holding it.

5- Don't leave milk in your tent.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Flying home. Gone are my days of 10/11hrs in a bus back to Glasgow. Just over an hour to the airport (traffic wasn't great), lounge about the airport for an hour or so, hour on the plane. 

So so much better 

This was my first year of having to get back to Glasgow. Jesus fucking christ. 

Luckily I was vomming by the side of the shuttle bus to Bristol, so was kindly given two seats to flake out on....Got on the train to discover it full, sat in the vestibule on my bag trying not to vom until Birmingham. Then finally found a seat, put my pillow on the drop down table and put my head face down on it for a few hours. Then got two seats again and slept until we were somewhere in Scotland, but why oh why the train gets to Glasgow via fucking Edinburgh is anyones guess. I did enjoy the couple of "Glastonbury, eh?" comments and knowing smiles from people that had the misfortune to come into contact with me.

I am not doing this again. 11 hours from campsite to bed (travelling on me lonesome n' all!) is a complete joke. Flight might be the way forward...or renting a cottage near Pilton and just refusing to leave until the physical effects have passed. 

Edited by Sasperella

I need to learn how to keep my immune system on point. Every festival I've come away with lurgy that knocks me out for a week or so.

Next festival my MA dissertation will be due, so pondering either staying offsite and only going onsite for a gin party (Thursday) and the stages, then going home on the Sunday night, alternatively sitting it out. Hmm...

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This was my first year of having to get back to Glasgow. Jesus fucking christ. 

Luckily I was vomming by the side of the shuttle bus to Bristol, so was kindly given two seats to flake out on....Got on the train to discover it full, sat in the vestibule on my bag trying not to vom until Birmingham. Then finally found a seat, put my pillow on the drop down table and put my head face down on it for a few hours. Then got two seats again and slept until we were somewhere in Scotland, but why oh why the train gets to Glasgow via fucking Edinburgh is anyones guess. I did enjoy the couple of "Glastonbury, eh?" comments and knowing smiles from people that had the misfortune to come into contact with me.

I am not doing this again. 11 hours from campsite to bed (travelling on me lonesome n' all!) is a complete joke. Flight might be the way forward...or renting a cottage near Pilton and just refusing to leave until the physical effects have passed. 

I couldn't recommended flying enough, even rough it isn't any bother as you're only on the bus and plane for an hour each. It was cheap to, like 25 quid to the airport and 30 quid for the flight 

I can't handle that 3/4 a day spent humphing myself back home feeling extraordinarily sorry for myself anymore 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, tumbles said:

Not taking a jumper up to the hill on Wednesday evening. Christ it was cold waiting for the fireworks 

We went up there after the fireworks with the intention of seeing the sunrise.... flipping freezing !

we went down and toured the Park Area bars (Stonebridge, Park, Bimble Inn, Rabbit Hole) and then when they chucked out sat in one of the skips outside the forge chatting with the Bez—a-like that works/sleeps there... quite the character....

anyways, we eventually made it back up there...

B2C8D3CB-E4CA-460D-8311-E832561D3A6C.jpeg

On 7/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, Magma said:

Yeah, £1.50 and then the bartender would tell you there's tap water for free. ?

I worked on a bar and didn’t sell a single can, we were told to give people free tap water instead, I was even sneaking ice into people’s water bottles (until we ran out on Sunday eve)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Making quick ruthless decisions when a band you went to see isn't working for you. Watched 3 songs of the Cure and was like 'fuck this' I'm off to see Christine and the Queens. Best decision I made! 

Wish I'd done that. Thought the cure would of been better on the Friday when we all had energy and Stormzy could of gave us all a boost on the Sunday instead with his 'energy crew'