Legend Slot 2020

Hugh Jass

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hmm... 

"You keep me hanging on" is my favourite Supremes tune. 

Where's "Baby love" too?

No dice.

Still absorbing this tbh.  Mum is a big Motown & Diana Ross fan, so I grew up listening to her a lot.  Can still see the big gatefold double LP of her greatest hits being played on a Sunday afternoon.

Jokes and gifs aside I am proper, proper, PROPER happy about this :)

Mum's gonna be gutted mind... 

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Still absorbing this tbh.  Mum is a big Motown & Diana Ross fan, so I grew up listening to her a lot.  Can still see the big gatefold double LP of her greatest hits being played on a Sunday afternoon.

Jokes and gifs aside I am proper, proper, PROPER happy about this :)

Mum's gonna be gutted mind... 

Haha, same! I already text mine to tell her. Got a very different response to when I asked her about Stormzy.

Edited by Sasperella

Chuffed with this. Massive name. Absolute bangers in her setlist. Seems quite apt for a big anniversary. Sure they have been trying for her for a while as she's been rumoured nearly every year, quite certain a large majority of us were certain she'd have done it the year Gibb was announced. 

43 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I enjoyed their set- just not the ending compared to how Coldplay or Rolling Stones closed the festival previously with a bit of theatre and excitement and our beloved ME coming onto stage  

I guess some people just prefer the simplicity of a computer generated message on a screen saying ‘thanks see you next year’

Thanks

I prefer great musical performance to pomp and circumstance and light shows and fireworks. 

56 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Also gotta note that Chain Reaction didn't do well in the States but was one of D's biggest in the UK, so I would expect that one to make a show.

Edited by wonker

4 minutes ago, wonker said:

Also gotta note that Chain Reaction didn't do well in the States but was one of D's biggest in the UK, so I would expect that one to make a show.

Very much hope so.  It's not one of her guaranteed tracks over the past few years, but it was massive here.  Fingers crossed

10 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Was going to say Diana Ross was a dead cert for 2017 at one point if I remember correctly

8 hours after I post this she gets announced...

Pretty sure I heard Pearl Jam were a dead cert for the Friday and Elton John for the Saturday at one point

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

Do you think the Spice Girls have suffered through an unwanted association with the drug Spice? I see all these programs about it wrecking prisons. It’s hardly a positive association. I know their music is shit too of course. 

There was a beauty salon near us called Isis (who is the Greek god of beauty) that has been there for ages but they had to change their name a few years ago for obvious reasons. 

He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

• Upvote 1