Legend Slot 2020

Hugh Jass

26 minutes ago, henry bear said:

What about the Spice Girls? They get mentioned for the Legend slot, yet sell more tickets than Reg.

They get mentioned, but to date nothing more. Personally, I think they are too big for the legend slot, and actually too new. Even Kylie has the best part of a decade on them. But the thought of them headlining is a bit depressing. I don't think they're all that bad, but if we go down this incredibly popular pop route then Robbie Williams, Girls Aloud and Little mix (who all have done stadia I think) could follow and then I think the character of the festival changes.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:26 AM, maelzoid said:

They get mentioned, but to date nothing more. Personally, I think they are too big for the legend slot, and actually too new. Even Kylie has the best part of a decade on them. But the thought of them headlining is a bit depressing. I don't think they're all that bad, but if we go down this incredibly popular pop route then Robbie Williams, Girls Aloud and Little mix (who all have done stadia I think) could follow and then I think the character of the festival changes.

Fully Agree. 
My opinion, the Spice Girls could do that pop slot that Katy Perry did in 2017

6 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I'd kill for it to be Annie Lennox.  

She does't play much anymore (although she just did something in London i think?).  And she's surely a legend.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sweet dreams are made of this 

Who am I to disagree? 

I was at a Neil Tennant event today, he was asked if the Pet Shop Boys were playing Glastonbury and the legend slot.

He said they’d consider playing at the festival again, but they only play in the dark so that rules them out of the legends slot.

....doesn’t mean he’s being truthful of course 

6 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Queen have the 27th free, you rekon they would fly Colgne, Germany to Glastonbury then to Zurich, Switzerland, I know Adam Lambert is no Freddie but it would be a good show

Would be great, but I bet they wouldn't do anything less than headlining. I'd be happy with them as headliners tbh.

Not sure if he's been mentioned before, but I'd enjoy John Fogerty on the legend slot. He doesn't have the same feel good vibe as Dolly/Kylie/Lionel/Barry, but he does have the hits. It would be more in line with ELO.

28 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Would be great, but I bet they wouldn't do anything less than headlining. I'd be happy with them as headliners tbh.

Not sure if he's been mentioned before, but I'd enjoy John Fogerty on the legend slot. He doesn't have the same feel good vibe as Dolly/Kylie/Lionel/Barry, but he does have the hits. It would be more in line with ELO.

Boring, you mean?

On 7/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Following on from the chat in the Headliner thread who could be in the frame for next year?

Off the top of my head possible candidates could include...

Pet Shop Boys

Cher

Duran Duran

Barry Manilow

Diana Ross (travel permitting)

Shania Twain

Cliff

Who else?

Any rules regarding if they’ve played before or not?

Edited by seebee71