Legend Slot 2020

Hugh Jass

On 9/14/2019 at 10:34 PM, Cooter said:

Yes Please Barry! Please Yes Barry! Barry Yes Please!

We'd be talking Lionel size crowds for Bazza.

Would we? 

For me we’ve had some Premier League legends over the last few years that have seen some of the biggest crowds The Pyramid has ever seen.

B-Man strikes me as a Championship booking that would mean fairly easy field access.

He’s got some cheesy sing-a-long tunes alright, but he ain’t Dolly or Kylie level.

What exactly is the criteria for a 'legend'?

For me, it's somebody who was once a massive deal, but is no longer culturally relevant. However, they need to bring enough nostalgia to make it feel like they are performing at their peak.

I only ask, because I thought of Damon Albarn, as he has a new project on the way. The amount of hits he could pull out from his back catalogue is insane, but also maybe he is still too current.

My personal choice would be Elton, but think he is still too big and probably still too relevant, especially with the release of Rocketman this year bringing him back to the front of people's minds.

5 minutes ago, K2SO said:

What exactly is the criteria for a 'legend'?

For me, it's somebody who was once a massive deal, but is no longer culturally relevant. However, they need to bring enough nostalgia to make it feel like they are performing at their peak.

I only ask, because I thought of Damon Albarn, as he has a new project on the way. The amount of hits he could pull out from his back catalogue is insane, but also maybe he is still too current.

My personal choice would be Elton, but think he is still too big and probably still too relevant, especially with the release of Rocketman this year bringing him back to the front of people's minds.

This seems to be on a cycle regarding Elton. In my opinion, there is no way Elton John in the middle of his 'farewell' tour is playing a mid afternoon slot. If Reg is playing, he's headlining. 

Damon Albarn isn't playing that slot either.

Going off popular (arguably) consensus the current front runners are: Spice Girls, Pet Shop Boys and Barry Manilow. I think someone on here tried to suggest Tina Turner too but with no information to back it up.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

She going to break away from Paris to go back?

Probably not, she's currently got 2 nights in Paris a 2 day break then another 2 nights. She probably wants 2 days off, but it would certainly be possible to pop over for Sunday afternoon and still have a rest day on Monday. 

An outside possibility but I thought it worth mentioning, Greenday's dates pretty much rule them out and they've a whole thread dedicated to them.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Hard to quantify, but songs like Could it be magic, Mandy, Copacobana and Bermuda Triangle were certainly massive. I think he was as big as Dolly tbh.

Certainly not a definitive way to compare them based on a number of factors but Dolly's big songs massively outperform BM's on spotify.