Legend Slot 2020

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Gabi_says said:

Ahhh, yes! Tina Turner would be amazing!

I think you misunderstand (although TT would be rockin' like Dokken).

2020 is the year that Chain Reaction finally takes its place in the pantheon of Pyramid perfection. 

#teamross

Stop in the Name of love, Baby Love, Upside Down, Chain Reaction, I'm coming out, You Can't Hurry Love, Why do fools fall in love, you keep me hanging on, love child, aint no mountain high enough,

That's 10 absolute barnstormers before we get into anything else.

It's often a song you wouldn't expect that lifts the legend slot. For Kylie, I expected it to be, CGYOOMH - but Chris Martin scuppered that. All the Lovers was the one that stuck out to me. 

16 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Watching that on TV was one of the moments that made me think "I want to be there".  That and Chic.

Yes they are 2 of my classics. I think Paul Heaton is very much in the same vein as Ray Davies and would be brilliant in that slot but I think I might be 10 years too early in suggesting it which is a shame as both their voices are up to it now and they might not be by the time his genius is recognised. 

10 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

Queen with Adam Lambert would be special .. saw them last when Freddie was still alive 

If in the unlikely event Brian May decides killing badgers is actually ok they still wouldn’t play the legend slot.

Queen + AL is headliner stuff. They would annihilate the Pyramid, even without Freddie.

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Been road testing the Rossinator's back catalogue on a sunny afternoon in the back garden.

I can once again confirm that this would absolutely fucking slap. Hits for days.

Agree. It would be phenomenal - especially from your shoulders! !!

Anyone giving serious consideration for Sir Clifford of Richardshire. Currently on tour, and no question he qualifies. If he brings Hank with him and drops Summer Holiday, Living Doll, The Young Ones, Devil Woman and Wired for sound? I know he's not Diana Ross, but in case she  doesn't want to fly...?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Anyone giving serious consideration for Sir Clifford of Richardshire. Currently on tour, and no question he qualifies. If he brings Hank with him and drops Summer Holiday, Living Doll, The Young Ones, Devil Woman and Wired for sound? I know he's not Diana Ross, but in case she  doesn't want to fly...?

Think hes already busy at Wimbledon :) 

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

No.

My mum has the worst musical taste in the world, and her absolute favourite is Cliff. Anything she'd approve of should be ruled out on principal. I know that the slot is essentially for an older pop / mainstream act, but it only works well when it involves a bit of fun and/or kitsch - whereas Cliff still takes himself entirely seriously. It'd be all the things people complained about with ELO, magnified.

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Sir cliff played a gig on the Yorkshire coast last weekend.  Apparently a rather elderly audience was in attendance so much so they closed 1/2 the bars as nobody was drinking.  A near 8000 sell out as well

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Stop in the Name of love, Baby Love, Upside Down, Chain Reaction, I'm coming out, You Can't Hurry Love, Why do fools fall in love, you keep me hanging on, love child, aint no mountain high enough,

That's 10 absolute barnstormers before we get into anything else.

It's often a song you wouldn't expect that lifts the legend slot. For Kylie, I expected it to be, CGYOOMH - but Chris Martin scuppered that. All the Lovers was the one that stuck out to me. 

Yay! You survived Fuzzy! I did think of you as I melted at the Park on Saturday, on the verge of a wobbly as I searched for shade (none).

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Yay! You survived Fuzzy! I did think of you as I melted at the Park on Saturday, on the verge of a wobbly as I searched for shade (none).

I survived! Thanks for the concern.

I had a wobble on The Saturday. I cant say I enjoyed Saturday afternoon, but I managed to get some shade near the Glade & made the best of it. I didnt see a few acts I wanted to & was thankful the temps dropped on Saturday evening... but overall I had a really good week.

I hope you had a good one!