Legend Slot 2020

Hugh Jass

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Kinks have little to no experience in putting on the sort of participatory crowd-pleasing 21st century show that obviously works best in that slot.

While it would maybe be fun to watch them finish it up rolling around fighting on the floor, they're better off subbing the Pyramid.

Ray Davies on his own is still my favourite legends slot. I'm sure adding more to the stage wouldn't make them worse. His slot was incredibly crowd pleasing and still one of my best Glastonbury moments. I often still put on Days on YouTube as one of my favourite ever Glastonbury moments. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Ray Davies on his own is still my favourite legends slot. I'm sure adding more to the stage wouldn't make them worse. His slot was incredibly crowd pleasing and still one of my best Glastonbury moments. I often still put on Days on YouTube as one of my favourite ever Glastonbury moments. 

Gutted I missed that one - I watched England get spanked by Germany instead. Everyone said it was really special.

My favourite legend slot is still Brian Wilson. Everything was perfect that afternoon. ?

Cher. 

They will wanna go for a pop act I imagine as it seems to fulfil what the legends slot does best. 

I wonder how long it’l be until a newer act is given a go. Who is someone from the late 90s and possibly 00’s or even early 10s that could be given the slot?

Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Pink, Britney, Celine all come to mind.

edit: just after posting I reckon if they labelled it as a legends slot Pink would probably accept it.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There was a Sun story earlier this year that talked about negotiations having happened with Cher but not working out due to the old filthy lucre.

You'd think they'd get Nile to have a word. He's been touring with her and he seemed to love it. 

38 minutes ago, Magma said:

Gutted I missed that one - I watched England get spanked by Germany instead. Everyone said it was really special.

My favourite legend slot is still Brian Wilson. Everything was perfect that afternoon. ?

Yes everyone in my group did the same. I stayed and watched Slash and then Ray. I got a text from my husband when the score was 3 or 4-0 and I just replied saying come see Ray. He was about halfway through his set when they all joined me. 

Haven't we only just got onto 80s artists in Kylie and Lionel? Fair enough Kylie's career has had peaks in 3 different decades, but surely suggestions of 90s artists like Spice Girls is a bit absurd.

Cher or Di-Ro for me.

21 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Haven't we only just got onto 80s artists in Kylie and Lionel? Fair enough Kylie's career has had peaks in 3 different decades, but surely suggestions of 90s artists like Spice Girls is a bit absurd.

I don’t see how 90s artists are absurd? Is over 20 years ago now at this point. 

Mariah Carey could absolutely nail a legend slot but I doubt she’d do it.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Neil Young doesn't really fit the profile for that set. The only time in recent years they have deviated from the poppier, mass drunken singalong party kind of act was ELO, and they died on their arses.

Zero chance McCartney is doing that slot.

But that's what I mean, is ME just spinning rumours, because he mentioned them both by name and said they'd be there?

I don't think it will be the Kinks but they would smash it if it was. Dont need no snazzy lights and costume changes, no guest spots. Don't need no gimmicks. Just play banger after banger.

You Really Got Me, Days, All Day And All of the Night, Lola, Ape-man, Dedicated Follower of Fashion, Waterloo Sunsetz Sunny Afternoon, Tired or Waiting, Till The End of the Day, Dead End Street, Victoria, Death of A Clown, David Watts, Where Have All The Good Times Gone, Set Me Free, Stop Your Sobbing, Picture book, Village Green, Celluloid Heroes, Do It Again, Everybody's Gonna Be Happy, I'm Not Like Everybody Else, Shangri-La, Well respected Man, Strangers, Wonderboy, Supersonic Rocketship, Living On A Thin Line.

There's not even enough time for the legend slot for them to fit every sing along in. It would be immense.

Edited by chatty
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, chatty said:

I don't think it will be the Kinks but they would smash it of it was. Done need no snazzy lights and costume changes, no guest spots. Don't need no gimmicks. Just play banger after banger.

You Really Got Me, Days, All Day And All of the Night, Lola, Ape-man, Dedicated Follower of Fashion, Waterloo Sunsetz Sunny Afternoon, Tired or Waiting, Till The End of the Day, Dead End Street, Victoria, Death of A Clown, David Watts, Where Have All The Good Times Gone, Set Me Free, Stop Your Sobbing, Picture book, Village Green, Celluloid Heroes, Do It Again, Everybody's Gonna Be Happy, I'm Not Like Everybody Else, Shangri-La, Well respected Man, Strangers, Wonderboy, Supersonic Rocketship, Living On A Thin Line.

There's not even enough time for the legend slot for them to fit every sing along in. It would be immense.

ya boi smashed it back in the day.

Look how much space we all had! They should put football on more often, Pyramids a nightmare these days.

Edited by priest17
video might help

59 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Cher or Di-Ro for me.

Well it will be 2020 and a new decade, so surely it makes absolute sense to move onto the 90s?