First Timers!

TheDHolford

Hoping next year will be my first time at the festival, me and the girlfriend are very interested. Been to Leeds Festival 6 times and YNOT once (the diabolical year), so finally want to try Glasto. Both 24, but my girlfriend has been asking about glamping? What are people's thoughts on this? Is it close to the action, or like some other festivals where you'd have to walk for miles to get too and from the stages.

Also, I've heard about being able to take your own booze into the stages, is this a thing? Is it different to leeds festival where you get checked to go into the arena each day?

Also, any other tips for first timers, regarding ticket buying, or about the actual festival itself, I'd love to hear! 

5 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

my girlfriend has been asking about glamping? What are people's thoughts on this? Is it close to the action, or like some other festivals where you'd have to walk for miles to get too and from the stages.

everything except the tipis are off-site, so they're further away than if you're camping.

Also, I've heard about being able to take your own booze into the stages, is this a thing? Is it different to leeds festival where you get checked to go into the arena each day?

there's no separate arena like at Leeds, that separates the camping from the entertainment - it's all one big area.

You can take in all of the booze you want, and take it anywhere within the site.

Also, any other tips for first timers, regarding ticket buying, or about the actual festival itself, I'd love to hear! 

You need to register each person that wants a ticket - do it now!

It's then about keeping your fingers crossed that you can get a ticket.

So many options for Glamping but as Neil said all offsite to some degree and can get very expensive.

We have stayed at Worthy View the last couple of fests which is sort of an in-between option, but we may be looking to try something else next year.

Glasto involves a lot of walking anyway, it is HUGE, so get used to that idea from the start! ?

Edited by Flying_Hellfish