Neighbours 2019

kalifire

Oh, and when I got back to my tent around 6am on Sunday morning feeling a little the worse for wear and rolled my contemplative spliff before bed, a group just over from me played Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet. I wandered over thanked them, had some hugs and went back to my chair.

Can't ask for better tbh.

Camped in a really nice ground near the north fence that I have just learned is called Lime Kiln. Great views of Pangea and the hill above the Park. I chose a spot next to a group of lads drinking in chairs, mostly because I know what to expect. They helped me with my tent and offered me a can. Nice fellas who we'd see in the mornings and then never again. Like us, they spent all their time in the arena.

we had a group of 6 girls nearby that I was really expecting to abandon tent ... friendly enough but seemed so badly put up that my thoughts were it was going to get left ... they left rubbish on the ground but picked it up in the mornings ... one morning I found a twenty in amongst the rubbish and returned it as it was obviously theres ... not sure they would have been able to work out who it belonged to though :) but some money in their drinks kitty ..... no issues with any of the others although 2 girls arrived with a tent with a snapped tent pole .... which we repaired with duct tape :) 

• Like 1

I camped in the far bottom right hand corner of Bushy Ground by the fence (my favourite spot) and eventually, either side of me camped two different couples, both who had never been before. I always introduce myself to my camping neighbours and these ones were great. Very friendly, good laughs, asking me about things to do and just very pleasant to be around. They also didn't mind me and my nudist ways at all, which was great too!

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

camped in South Park 2. didn't really have any problems pr s[peal to the neighbors.

was lay in my tent Sunday night early when i heard the neighbors return. they were chatting and when they got close to our site. I heard them say "oh look the noisy neighbors are out , best get some sleep before they come back"

I apologize 

We were there too, don't suppose you overheard a fight break out on Monday morning follow by a guy crying in a tent for ages? That was a really odd thing to see/hear while hungover and desperately not wanting to leave!

Some heartwarming tales of folk who look like they'd be an issue actually being lovely in here.  Neighbours can make or break your festival, I was in Darble again with the solo crew this year and always found it a field where you can say hello to folks with a smile and receive the same back, never seen a glare, sneer or annoyed face amongst any of the campers there.  Field was looking nice and clean at the point I left also, lots of pale grass squares surrounded by barely a dropped tissue.  The waste point was half full rather than overflowing for several feet around it as most are most years.

Edited by Spindles

42 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

We were there too, don't suppose you overheard a fight break out on Monday morning follow by a guy crying in a tent for ages? That was a really odd thing to see/hear while hungover and desperately not wanting to leave!

no I didn't hear anything, we were practically the first people in that field, so we put our tents up in the middle (as you do) then realsied when everyone was in it was an arse to get in and out.

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary on the camp site. love that field, love the bacon and egg sandwiches from cinemageddon with a cup of tea . sorts you right out in the morning 

3 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

love that field, love the bacon and egg sandwiches from cinemageddon with a cup of tea . sorts you right out in the morning 

Yeah we had a great time there, lovely view, and seconded on the bacon and egg roll, was a great pick me up on Sunday morning!

• Like 1

Are the facilities any better in South Park now?  Last time I camped there toilet provision was woefully inadequate, just a block of long drops and no urinals so everyone queuing in the mornings.  Damn near pissed myself the one morning, my legs were going like a jazz era dancer.  Great camping spot for the fantastic view, particularly if you get there early and nab a spot on the highest point back by the fence.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Are the facilities any better in South Park now?  Last time I camped there toilet provision was woefully inadequate, just a block of long drops and no urinals so everyone queuing in the mornings.  Damn near pissed myself the one morning, my legs were going like a jazz era dancer.  Great camping spot for the fantastic view, particularly if you get there early and nab a spot on the highest point back by the fence.

South Park 2 has a block of long drops, but a 3 minute walk takes you to the next toilets which have urinals. I camped in the middle so both toilets were equidistant. if you were getting breakfast you could always stop at the urinals

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

There were defo queues for the long drops, urinals not so bad, gf would usually walk to the nearby compost toilets which were (usually) less busy 

Ah cool.  I noticed better provision of urinals around the site in general and was hopeful it had improved there.  I'm hoping to do a family glastonbury next year for the first time in a few years and was considering returning to south park for the amazing view.

After a few days of spaced out bliss, in our crew campsite, our feather were ruffled by fire lanes disappearing to late arrivals who didn’t figure there was a adjoining field with so much more space.

A day or so later we had to just shrug.

Made friends with our new neighbours. Huge hugs meeting them randomly on a night out in the corner, dawn piano bar madness, then adopted one for the “extra day”... getting stupidly stoned with us on a hill on the Monday, and gave him a lift back to London with us on Tuesday.

@crazyfool1 is bang on it... have a friendly wave and things will likely be good. 

20 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Lower Mead, a group of 8 of us in a mini circle. Lovely neighbours chatted to all of them. Group of women getting a lot of attention from various all male groups that was amusing - all total fails, but they did try. A chatty uni group who saw everything between them and rocked up at dawn, collapsed for 4 hours and back at it.

We were the ones with the welsh flag and "Over by there" beneath it (it stayed in camp).

Just wanted to let you know that I'm really grateful for your group's flags, forgot which of the two fields our camp was set up in an embarrassing amount of times!

• Upvote 1