ME Explains it all

FuzzyDunlop

Anyone else there for that? I went to get out of the sun & to see what it was about.

He talked about the history of the festival and threw open a few questions to the audience.

What a guy Mr Eavis is. If its possible to love him any more than I did, I do after that. He didnt say too much I hadnt already heard, the odd snippet.  Marc Bolan turning up in a velvet covered car, lifting up panels in the gate to let people in.

What a guy!

• Like 1

We went along too. It was a lovely way to spend an hour, my 5th glasto and I promised myself I’d see the big man himself. Like you, id heard most of it already via various interviews but it was great to give ME the stand up applause he deserves. I felt really emotional! The only thing that would have made it better is if maybe it could be a proper Q&A interview  or we could’ve heard the questions from the audience. I could never hear them, so wasn’t always quite sure what he was answering! 

Yes I did. Was a lovely - completely spontaneous. Love when he noticed a friend from the village in crowd and said ‘oh hello’ as if he was passing him in the street! 

Seemed to discount FM for next year, well that it it’s not a done deal just yet. 

15 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Yes I did. Was a lovely - completely spontaneous. Love when he noticed a friend from the village in crowd and said ‘oh hello’ as if he was passing him in the street! 

Seemed to discount FM for next year, well that it it’s not a done deal just yet. 

I loved how he just sat down and talked, as if we all knew exactly what he was going to do!

I agree with @LongTimeLurker - needed a mic for the crowd so we could hear the questions.

But it was a great hour. One that I wouldnt have normally spent on the farm.

I want to go to see how the methane is turned into electricity!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I was there too. It's something I have been meaning to do for ages. Wasn't he great? I was close to the front and as the questions asked were all close by I could hear them but can understand the need for microphones.

Anyways, loved it. A highlight of my festival for sure.

Really enjoyable. A great insight into the heart of the festival from its beginnings to the current day. ME is a great character and (these days) very relaxed just sitting there and rambling on. No feat of awkward questions either, he expertly fielded one or two that were a little challenging.

I was there for the talk on aviation beforehand, but my bum was extremely restless and so I ended up leaving before ME came out. Bit annoyed with myself for bailing tbh, but I have met him a few times over the years.