Mason's Arms

trickydickie

Anyone come across it this year ?

Had a look on Thursday night but gave up.  Ended up finding the best coffee on site up in Tipi field cafe for a chill on a sofa instead.

Didn't go back to the craft field during the daytime for the remainder of the festival so don't know if the stone masons were there this year....

Yeah we found it on the Wednesday afternoon in green fields,they had tunes playing and the table football at the back,but the fella there told us they weren't allowed to run the bar this year,but gave us a wink and said come back later after fireworks and there might be ale available for a donation. We went back later and it was all shut up with no one about!

Thanks for the info guys.  Shame the bar is no longer going.  Rounded off some great nights in there over the previous festivals

in previous years I got the impression that the bar seemed unofficial and that they may have been sailing close to the wind.  But then a few years ago they had a huge set up with an outside area too.  I guess if the bar's been stopped it must of been unofficial or aimed at crew but got popular with the general punters....

I was chuffed to find it last time and liked having a pint and chilling there.  Was sorry to hear it wasn't there this year and was glad I heard before I spent time trying to find it again!  But at the same time it wasn't somewhere I would necessarily spend that much time - more of a novelty and a nice quiet place to find a beer if things are getting a bit busy really.

Just now, trickydickie said:

Thanks for the info guys.  Shame the bar is no longer going.  Rounded off some great nights in there over the previous festivals

in previous years I got the impression that the bar seemed unofficial and that they may have been sailing close to the wind.  But then a few years ago they had a huge set up with an outside area too.  I guess if the bar's been stopped it must of been unofficial or aimed at crew but got popular with the general punters.... 

Definitely unofficial. Probably killed by being talked about publicly.

Just now, trickydickie said:

Ahh, I obviously missed a trick by not going there at night then!  I just chilled during the day.

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Ahh, I obviously missed a trick by not going there at night then!  I just chilled during the day.

No not really,  it wasn't a party place at night either but great to wind down and chill before my trudge back to the east campervan fields and facing the hill of death...   

9 minutes ago, selotape said:

I talked to the guy, he said the Mason's Arms got featured in a '10 best secret things about glasto' type article in the guardian or the Bristol post. :( I loved it there. 

To be honest, it was probably a combination of an article like that and comments on here that led to me finding it.  I was on my own in 2017 and so it was probably a bit too quiet for me on my own but a great place to sit with friends.  And so easy to be served!