Feeling much older after a fallow year...

Dusk1983

I'm 45 and I honestly don't feel any different to how I did when I first started coming to Glastonbury aged 24... I still want to do the same things, still feel at home wherever I am on site and still end up chatting to people of all ages in random places all over..  I think there's such a mix of ages anyway I always feel just like anyone else.. we're all just there to have fun and you see everyone dancing from kids to 80 year olds..  

I think coming back after a few years break to have kids I was even more aware of this, prior to the festival I was a bit worried the gap would leave me feeling out of place and like I no longer fitted in, because my home life since kids has changed dramatically and the party me has pretty much disappeared... but once there I felt like I'd never been away and completely like my old self again which felt bloody amazing, I appreciated the festival all the more for it.

Was thinking I might feel like this before going, especially as this was my first Glastonbury but it really wasn't a problem. It helped that there were people of all ages and it just felt like everyone was having too much of a good time to really care. Was great!

8 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I went to Leeds with my son and his friends years ago, in my late 40’s, felt dreadfully old the entire time. There was about 3 other people older than 30 there. 

Last time I went to Reading I was 37 and taking my then 16 year old son to his first festival.  Fuck me if that wasn't the first time I felt old.  Oddly, years later and only having attended Glastonbury and smaller festivals since I've never felt the same again.

• Upvote 1

I'm 50 next year just 3 weeks before the festival.
If I don't get tickets I won't make it to 51!
If I do get tickets I probably won't make it to 50.25 ? !!!

I partied so hard this year I was questioning myself a lot...feeling the pain now still but it was all worth it. Bloody love that sacred place!

This year our group was the most diverse in terms of age we have eve had,  22 up to 66. 

The youngest were the newbies who have added to the growing group, and we all had an amazing year. 

Am always impressed with how much ground the older generation cover, and I admire it. Life aim for me is to reach that, and still get around the site like those guys do. 

A festival where age just doesn't mean a thing, if you can do it, go with it!

I'm 46 now and was always the last person standing partying wise until about 2 years ago. I now can't hack the pace at all like I used to. Not sure if it's age or because I don't go out every weekend anymore. Still had a great time but was defo in bed earlier than in the past

we were two 57yr olds and 6 in their 20s. And, us old ones put the youth to shame - carried more in/out, stayed out later and got up way earlier, drank more, walked more. We even got chatted up, but then realised we were crusty old fuckers and said to ourselves as we made our excuses: "we were in there, I count that as a shag", before reality kicks in.

Inside my head I'm 15.

I got a coach from Bristol and was surprised by how young the majority of people on it were.  I was also appalled by how few of them were drinking, and I was concerned that none of them were taking advantage of the usb sockets on every seat.  When the young couple in front of me got so excited about seeing some sheep in a field that they had to take a photo as if they had never seen the countryside before, I essentially gave up on the youth of today at that point.