Post festival flu

Bixer

Felt pretty tired yesterday as was to be expected, but nothing untoward - still managed to force myself to the gym too. 

Today though just woke up with that kind of full body ache/weakness you get when you’re flu-y. Was actually going somewhere on the train this afternoon, but had to get off, turn around and make my way home as absolute exhaustion set in and I realised I just needed my bed ASAP. That groggy feeling the minute or two after you wake up from a nap is basically how I’ve felt all day. 

The annoying thing is I genuinely didn’t even touch a drop of alcohol (or other drugs) all weekend! It was just too hot for me to want to. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:43 PM, kaytee... said:

My hayfever coupled with the dust has left me with a really bad chest. Plus I seem to have developed a small lump behind my ear which i'm hoping is a result of this and eventually disappears. Never typing those symptoms into google again ??‍♀️

I had that a couple of weeks ago and it went away on its own after a few days. Pretty sure there are lots of possible causes (some scary as you found out), but by far the most common one is an ear infection. Can see a doc for peace of mind, especially if it gets worse or lasts more than a few days, but hopefully nothing to worry about!

I started to feel normal yesterday again, back in the gym back to work. Then yesterday afternoon at 3 hit a walk and couldn’t keep my eyes open.... my wife has had the full on cough and cold since Monday....: but she likes to stay out later then me normally with the naughtier ones of our group ?

I returned to two very poo-ey children. Manky nappies are rank at the best of times!

Given that my wife allowed me to attend without the kids she's low on sympathy so I'm having to suffer the post-fest sickness in silence. I really should have cut the Sunday night short before the 3am dive into the SE corner. 

On 7/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, zeppelin said:

I'll be honest, I overindulged... Big time. 

Both Monday and yesterday I was unable to hold down food or fluids. This morning I woke up as a dizzy mess but am finally able to eat and drink. 

The worst thing is I have an important job interview tomorrow afternoon and it's meant my preparation has been less than ideal ?

Didn't realise this was a thing either, but my fiance has gotten a really severe chest infection which developed on Monday so kinda makes sense with so many other people getting flu afterwards, hope everyone else recovers to normalilty soon.

I had a very bad fever leading up to the festival which had me terrified. I only started to feel better on the tuesday before, thankfully due to all the medicine i kept pumping through myself. As a result, throughout the festival I certainly didn't have the stamina that I normally would have - got the cough and the sore throat that everyone else seems to have gotten by the end.  It's really only today that I feel like myself again.  

I had a grim throat that started 2 weeks before the festival. I don't have a great immune system, so Glasto usually brings out the worst of whatever's around me. Hence I book the week after off.

From the moment I got home, I slept, vomited and shat for my life. Then it got to a point where the left side of my throat felt like a zombie had taken a chunk out of it. Went to out of hours GP last night and got some anti-nausea tablets, have started eating and drinking again today and starting to feel a bit more human. Should be ready for work on Monday.

I had to go home from work at lunch today because I felt so rough. I then slept for about 5 hours. I'm still tired though and my sinuses are so blocked the entire left side of my face hurts. 

It's been a week now. When will this virus shift?! 

Was violently ill on Wednesday. Woke up and couldn't stop throwing up and having the scoots all day. Was throwing water into me non-stop and it just came straight back out. Banging headache, dizzy and had t spend entire day in bed. Think was a combo of dehydration, exhaustion and giving my body a hammering for 5 days. Today is first time I've felt semi-normal. My sixth Glastonbury and first time that has ever happened