Post festival flu

Bixer

Been coughing up phlegm, feeling incredibly nauseous, sore throat, sweats, and vivid nightmares since yesterday morning. Surprisingly Monday I felt fine.

What's most annoying is that I took the festival easy to try avoid flu!

Hope you get well soon!

When we mix at a festival we share viral material, bacteria and fungi that is local to ourselves, which our own population has grown accustomed to.  When we get back we sometimes have to let our bodies adapt to the newcomers.  It is the same as freshers flu.  Don't stress, take it easy, eat well and keep hydrated, you'll be fine.

7 minutes ago, liame said:

Surely the dust has got to be playing a part too?

We were discussing this at the festival.  Yes, it will.  It is essentially the dried particles from under the feet of a cow farm, so again more unusual fungal spores and bacteria for your body to learn from.

I feel OK. Well down in the dumps but not ill.

My employee got taken to hospital last night and has picked up a virus. Hes being sick and cant eat anything without bringing it back up. A few other people in our group have got coughs and colds but nothing too serious. 

I'll be honest, I overindulged... Big time. 

Both Monday and yesterday I was unable to hold down food or fluids. This morning I woke up as a dizzy mess but am finally able to eat and drink. 

The worst thing is I have an important job interview tomorrow afternoon and it's meant my preparation has been less than ideal ?

Luckily spent the first half of this year with a constant stream of colds which built my immune system up but a combination of awesome bands and Saturday silent disco left me with zero voice for Sunday. I remember trying to sing/scream to BMTH and it was basically a whisper.