Guy breaking in via Worthy View

e_p

On 7/8/2019 at 3:06 PM, Doug85 said:

Never understand the mentality of a troll, wasting so much energy on winding people up over nothing. 

Can't agree with anyone getting in without a ticket either, times have changed. Being over capacity risks the license now. 

Did spot a couple of people without wristbands on this year too and not to mention the fact that there were reports of lots of tent thefts, 

People coming in on a transferred village ticket don’t get wristbands. They have a ticket and a special day pass. So you may have seen some legitimate punters. Then again possibly not.

I saw the incident at Strummerville too. Was wondering how it ended. I felt sorry for the guy.

In the 90s I went to Glastonbury twice on a “package” organized by a guy who had handed out flyers at a Dublin Waterboys concert. It was for flights, transport from the airport and entry into the festival. All who took the trip camped together and it was a good experience, fairly-priced.  It was only much later that it dawned on me that we never saw a ticket.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, CeriG said:

On a different subject, our mate sold his ticket in agreement of £50 and the person would pay the other £200 if and when he got in. He travelled from London to Leicester to get the coach with us. Travelled there and then he didn't get in and had to travel all the way back to London again. It was awful!! Actually ruined the festival for me a little. Spent the whole weekend feeling guilty and gutted for him. Would never suggest to anyone to buy someone elses ticket after that experience.

That sounds absolutely awful!  I'd try and say something like 'oh, my ID is in the car, i'll go and get it and come back' and then just keep trying different gates until you get lucky.