Guy breaking in via Worthy View

e_p

11 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Yeah another one of our mates sold their ticket and they got in.... and the person was clearly about 30 years younger. Think it really is down to who you get on the gate.

Imagine being that utter bellend refusing someone entry when they have a ticket. I will never, ever understand someone's thought process who would actually do that. Shouldn't be anywhere near Glastonbury or any other music festival, they should just get a job as a copper or something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Imagine being that utter bellend refusing someone entry when they have a ticket. I will never, ever understand someone's thought process who would actually do that. Shouldn't be anywhere near Glastonbury or any other music festival, they should just get a job as a copper or something.

I think they have secret shoppers though... ie they test that the stewards are checking the tickets properly.

2 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

The face on ticket match is not a license issue, it’s an anti touting measure.

Without that, the tickets would be costing many desperate people - those rich enough - thousands of pounds.

The profit from that goes to the touts who plague anything that sells out.

Who are the bell ends in all that?

2 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

For all that you're banging on about the glastonbury spirit - you're clearly just about as far away from it as it's possible to get.

It's not difficult - if the Festival is asking you to do a specific job, and your access to the festival exists only because you agreed to do that job, then that's going to be where your loyalty is not the person stood in front of you who might have the ticket for any number of reasons that you can't know about - some innocent, some dodgy.

I have no issue with people trying to get in on another persons ticket. But they need to accept that it's their risk - to get annoyed with or take it out on the people innocently doing what they're asked to do and who don't set the policy or procedures is a proper c**ts move.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Except their future festival access may depend on it - there are mystery shoppers, someone letting just anyone in is not going to get invited back on the volunteering squad next year.

28 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I got in on someone else ticket for the first time this year, this bird that checked it was sound af, clearly knew the score. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

I got in on someone else ticket for the first time this year, this bird that checked it was sound af, clearly knew the score. 

Glad to hear it! imagine some gangly 19 year old student Oxfam steward working for nothing ruining your weekend because they are enough of a twat to flag up that the picture isn't you. I'd be raging mate

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Glad to hear it! imagine some gangly 19 year old student Oxfam steward working for nothing ruining your weekend because they are enough of a twat to flag up that the picture isn't you. I'd be raging mate

I bet you wouldn't. I bet you cry like a baby and wet yourself as you are carted off.

Then rage on the internet

Edited by fred quimby

I had enough trouble getting in with my own ticket - twice!

They were definitely being thorough at PED-C so using someone else's ticket would be a real gamble.

I did spot a few people without wristbands so some did get in ticket-less.

I can see both sides of the argument - but provided numbers are low enough not to affect the license and they are not thieves , good luck to them. I'm more worried about organised criminals getting tickets and spending the weekend on the nick.

Edited by Penrhos

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I bet you wouldn't. I bet you cry like a baby and wet yourself as you are carted off.

Then rage on the internet

nah mate, I can proudly say I have been to Glastonbury 5 times, and never had a ticket. Always got in.

I suppose the alternative would be to volunteer with Oxfam and stand around like a mug all day and get treated like a school child by the weirdo management. Fuck that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Can anyone elaborate on what the actual repercussions are for Oxfam staff that are found to have let people in with tickets that do not have their photo on?

If it is ejection from the festival site then, i'm sorry, but if I was doing that job I would be doing my best to stop people with other people's tickets coming in. I'd not be willing to jeopardise my place at the festival in order to allow people who knowingly take the risk buying someone else's ticket. Does this really make me a bellend? I would say the bellends are the people trying it on and then getting upset when it doesn't work out for them. You might not like the job they are doing, but it's the job they risk losing their deposit, or ejection, over if they do not complete as requested.

If you're such a hero for the ticketless why not take one for the team next year and sign up with Oxfam and let anyone in, ticket or no ticket.

Edited by Johnnyseven

3 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

nah mate, I can proudly say I have been to Glastonbury 5 times, and never had a ticket. Always got in.

I suppose the alternative would be to volunteer with Oxfam and stand around like a mug all day and get treated like a school child by the weirdo management. Fuck that.

This year was number 11 but I've had a legit ticket twice, once I'd won them from EE on twitter. And I've used every tick in the book bar going over the fence(it on the bucket list though) 

Its full legit next year though (unless i cant get them) in which case its still doable, you've just got to be able to acquire pass out's and chance it on a mates ticket or pay the £500+ for walk-in's, however I feel like there will be a clamp down on bent security next year. 

If I can ditch my missus then I'm more than willing to use more direct methods next year. 

25 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I had enough trouble getting in with my own ticket - twice!

They were definitely being thorough at PED-C so using someone else's ticket would be a real gamble.

I did spot a few people without wristbands so some did get in ticket-less.

I can see both sides of the argument - but provided numbers are low enough not to affect the license and they are not thieves , good luck to them. I'm more worried about organised criminals getting tickets and spending the weekend on the nick.

There are a few value reasons for not having a wristband but you would still be expected to produce valid accreditation if asked. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

There are a few value reasons for not having a wristband but you would still be expected to produce valid accreditation if asked. 

I used a villagers ticket last year and they didn't give me a wristband. 

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

Can anyone elaborate on what the actual repercussions are for Oxfam staff that are found to have let people in with tickets that do not have their photo on?

Theoretically could go up to ejection, but I can only imagine that happening in really extreme cases for example asking for or taking a bribe or something along those lines as it's a lot of admin headache to go down that route.

More likely - if it's just someone that's shit at checking photos - they'd be moved for the remainder of their shift(s) to a role where they can't cause issues and someone can keep an eye on them. Which is also likely to be one of the most boring roles. If it was thought to be deliberate, then after the festival they would be informed that they won't be able to volunteer at festivals with Oxfam again.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Theoretically could go up to ejection, but I can only imagine that happening in really extreme cases for example asking for or taking a bribe or something along those lines as it's a lot of admin headache to go down that route.

More likely - if it's just someone that's shit at checking photos - they'd be moved for the remainder of their shift(s) to a role where they can't cause issues and someone can keep an eye on them. Which is also likely to be one of the most boring roles. If it was thought to be deliberate, then after the festival they would be informed that they won't be able to volunteer at festivals with Oxfam again.

Either way it's not something i'd want to risk happen to me just to help a few people who knew what the risks were when buying somebody else's ticket.

It's a bit rich of anyone to make a judgement on how someone decides to enact their duties when they have not been in the same position, but fair enough to anyone that is willing to take a stand for the people though.

Edited by Johnnyseven

If there’s repercussions possible one of them you being swerved off the festival completely then you’re not going to risk it. Definitely not. Imagine being asked to leave the site with immediate effect at 9:12am on Wednesday morning. Don’t be daft. 

6 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It's a bit rich of anyone to make a judgement on how someone decides to enact their duties when they have not been in the same position, but fair enough to anyone that is willing to take a stand for the people though.

Might be lost in translation on t'internet, but you've really lost me there.  How is that taking a stand for the people?  The Eavii are hardly "the man" trying to keep the little guy down and  lording it over who can and can't enter their wonderland.

I'm of the mind that yeah, if someone wants to take a punt then best of luck, and if someone's willing to put some effort and creativity into sneaking in then fair play.  If you get caught or turned away then you had a decent crack, but suck it up. Letting someone through is hardly striking a blow against the machine.

Assuming you're real, and not just the next in a long line of boring troll twats, then you don't need to imagine too hard what it's like to be an utter bellend. 

Those gangly 19 year old student Oxfam stewards are in very real risk of being ejected from the festival or blacklisted from ever getting a spot again if they let through people on incorrect tickets.   There are usually further checks down the line and the festival, council and Oxfam deploy mystery shoppers with fake tickets to test them.

40 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So continue doing what you do... contribute nothing in terms of ticket revenue or resourcefulness while being self-entitled and risking the festival licence. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

As under 12's get in for free and I think you have to be over 18 to volunteer you'll need to buy a ticket for the next 5 years....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5