Guy breaking in via Worthy View

e_p

think it was Friday we saw a guy detained by security at the Pennards Hill gate going into Worthy View, just by Strummerville.  At first it looked like he was stopped for possession, but then he made a sudden dash for it, down past Strummerville and off into the Tipis or Stone Circle.  We couldn't see which way he ran from where we were, but it was pretty dramatic. Security gave chase.  Anyone else see this, or know what happened?

Yep saw this! He was caught at the bottom by a security guard who impressively managed to catch up - think the breaker-in just ran out of steam. How neither didn't go flying or hit anyone was a small miracle - could have caused serious injury.  Glad he got caught tbh. 

• Downvote 1

Yeah they caught up with him about a few feet away from where I was standing. I reckon if he had legged it off again he could have made it into the site but seemed to run out of steam! Had a workers wristband on by the looks of it.

A friend of mine who stayed in Shagri-la crew campsite said there we're lots of people who we're trying to loot tents for any kind of passes, friend of mine also got kicked out after paying £250 to get snuck in to then pay another £250 to sneak in on Friday.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Don’t know why anyone would want him caught, as long as they don’t negatively affect other people’s festival when they’re in then good on them. 

Well with the crowds as they are, any additional people just add to that and therefore do affect other people's festivals.

Also, GF need to actively demonstrate that they can successfully control the numbers in the festival. Anyone getting in by nefarious means is a genuine threat to being granted a licence in future. Then we are all doomed

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Abbathehorse said:

Well with the crowds as they are, any additional people just add to that and therefore do affect other people's festivals.

Also, GF need to actively demonstrate that they can successfully control the numbers in the festival. Anyone getting in by nefarious means is a genuine threat to being granted a licence in future. Then we are all doomed

Better then to crack down on the festivals own employees (security) apparently making £50k from sneaking people in for £350 each (see other threads) than individuals making a dash for it. 

I honestly hope that these one off stragglers just trying their luck, get in. It can only be a handful anyway.

I can't sit here and be against trumps wall and pro freedom of movement but then cheer on security manhandling a few getting into the site.

Michael said in the past he's all for it, that's good enough for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

We saw this, if it was the guy with long hair

Security guard said "YOU'RE ACTING VERY STRANGELY!" very loud which was pretty odd too

Personally I bet you the people causing trouble and thieving etc are more the people without tickets, I've paid £260 to go in fuck em no sympathy 

Well thank goodness your not in charge then.

ME circa 2010:

Eavis said: "It never bothered me that people used to sneak in. I think at one stage we had more who hadn't paid than had.

"In the '80s it was like Robin Hood with the rich paying to help the poor, who had crept in to see bands.

"As long as I covered the cost of the festival I didn't mind. In fact, one night I got up at 2.30am and used a digger to lift up some fence where there were 2,000 people and let them in."

I should probably add the ME snuck into the Bath Blues Festival without paying too. You know? The event that inspired him to hold the very first festival in Pilton back in 1970.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

I was working on the worthy view gate overnight thursday and there were a few runners..  security had a pretty good hit rate of stopping them or recapturing them if they got past the gate, sometimes they'd be gone for a good half hour before they returned with the runner so they must have pursued them a fair way!  Most of the gates are so long and channelled and full of security that I don't know why anyone would even attempt to run in.

10 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Better then to crack down on the festivals own employees (security) apparently making £50k from sneaking people in for £350 each (see other threads) than individuals making a dash for it. 

Correct! I know of a few people who paid to have "security" take them into the festival... thats what they need to crack down on. 

12 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Don’t know why anyone would want him caught, as long as they don’t negatively affect other people’s festival when they’re in then good on them. 

Yeah there are quite a few sad cases on here who don't like the idea of people sneaking in, as if its going to spoil them having a good time or something. Really sad attitude to have.

Shame he caught, I know many who didn't though!

• Upvote 1