Your New Favourite Song(s)

WS_Jack_III

So every year, I come home with a few new tunes that I just listen to on repeat.

This year my two are "Never Enough" by The Cure and "Wolves" by The Cat Empire.

I absolutely loved The Cure's set but I was only ever aware of the main singles, Never Enough just sounded unreal to me.

I caught Cat Empire as they were on early at Other Stage, wasn't too fussed about their other songs but when the played Wolves, I was bopping about my campsite.

You got any?

Hot Chip - Melody of Love, from the appropriately-titled album "A Bath Full of Ecstasy". We had abandoned Chemical Brothers and got to Hot Chip for this song.  Was a very special moment.

Then the following morning, everything by Eyre Llew.  Perfect end to a perfect night.

4 minutes ago, Vidsidasta said:

Hot Chip - Melody of Love, from the appropriately-titled album "A Bath Full of Ecstasy". We had abandoned Chemical Brothers and got to Hot Chip for this song.  Was a very special moment.

Then the following morning, everything by Eyre Llew.  Perfect end to a perfect night.

I wasn't overly keen on Melody of Love but I belted it up after the end of Chems and made it from Spell. Have to say Melody of Love is brilliant live.

I get the feeling The Cure's back catalogue will be coming back into rotation for me.  The big singles were nice, but as mentioned Never Enough was powerful stuff that night.  The lesser known material they played were all good choices.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Watergirl said:

‘Car that makes a bus sound’ by Mik Artistik. Didn’t know him at all. Great show. Saw him at the Croissant Neuf Bandstand on the Thursday.

37 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

We saw him too and now I can't get "Wave wave wave wave, wave that fucking flag!" out of my head ?

Sweet Leaf of the North puts me straight back in Croissant Neuf with the sun shining every time I hear it