Is it worth it when you feel depressed for several weeks after?

Anarion

5 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

Indeed fuck yes!

However, this year I took no drugs (doob doesnt count) and I'm back at work today and I'm actually on the ball!!!

Damn people sticking their fingers in my mouth and rubbing my gums fucks me up every year ?

11 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Just sat down at my pc at work. Overwhelming feeling of sadness trying to creep in. 

I have 3 different senior managers asking me to prioritise 3different things this week, none of which I will have time to do. 

I was relatively well behaved this year but the sadness is very very strong this morning and it's unlikely to get better for a week or so. Could have done with another day off. 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

I have 3 different senior managers asking me to prioritise 3different things this week, none of which I will have time to do. 

I was relatively well behaved this year but the sadness is very very strong this morning and it's unlikely to get better for a week or so. Could have done with another day off. 

I agree. I still haven't actually done any work and am just looking at other festivals to attend to help me get over the Glastonblues. 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I agree. I still haven't actually done any work and am just looking at other festivals to attend to help me get over the Glastonblues. 

I've been talking about looking for another job for a while. Think I need to get the ball rolling there. Glastonbury was the one thing getting me through the month or so leading up to the festival and now that it's over I think I'm going to struggle badly. 

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I've been talking about looking for another job for a while. Think I need to get the ball rolling there. Glastonbury was the one thing getting me through the month or so leading up to the festival and now that it's over I think I'm going to struggle badly. 

Do it! My partner decided to apply for another job yesterday and he was offered it. He's much happier now he has something to look forward to 

Absolutely yes it is! 

I have a few more festivals to look forward to this summer but for me, the sadness comes from not seeing the people I spent glastonbury with for a long time. I will be forever thankful for the joy and happiness they brought me for those 5 wonderful days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Yep, my thoughts are going the same way.

Throat was killing with the dust this year so hardly smoked any joints when usually have a fair few. I always put my fried brain afterwards down to this but now I've come to the conclusion it's like jet lag you get with body clock all over the place & no proper sleep (as any is usually booze fuelled) - spent last two nights sweating buckets in bed and i still feel spaced out. Got a coldsore which I very rarely get and a bad cough.

Wouldn't change a single bit of it though - worth all of that and more!

Physically I feel better than I have post-Glasto for years, but we took things relatively easy due to the heat. Was just tired really. I was back at work yesterday as I find it's like ripping off a plaster - better to just get back to it asap.

That said I am now working from home and have very little to do to distract me. I do feel really gutted it's over, maybe more than I have for the last two.

It's so worth it, though.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

Unfortunately it's complex in that I was basically told in January that I would be promoted this September. I felt pretty stupid after leaving my last job 3 years ago when I was probably in line for a promotion and taking a pay cut in the process to go to my current role so the pay rise would help a lot as we have been on a pretty tight budget last while. I have a 3 month notice period though and the thought of this shit going on til the end of the year fills me with serious dread. 

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Unfortunately it's complex in that I was basically told in January that I would be promoted this September. I felt pretty stupid after leaving my last job 3 years ago when I was probably in line for a promotion and taking a pay cut in the process to go to my current role so the pay rise would help a lot as we have been on a pretty tight budget last while. I have a 3 month notice period though and the thought of this shit going on til the end of the year fills me with serious dread. 

It's not a money issue here, but I just need something about it to feed my soul.  I'm not kidding myself that I'll find the perfect job that bounce out of bed for every morning and doesn't feel like work, but there's got to be more than this.

Doesn't help that I've just finished reading David Graeber's book on Bullshit Jobs. I already knew mine is effectively one of those, but to read some of the theories and studies on the social and psychological impacts of being in those jobs kinda made sense.

51 minutes ago, Quark said:

me too .... every year I plan that this Glastonbury will be the life changing one for me .... so its time to be very proactive about it this time ... hence the search on the other thread :) 

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's not a money issue here, but I just need something about it to feed my soul.  I'm not kidding myself that I'll find the perfect job that bounce out of bed for every morning and doesn't feel like work, but there's got to be more than this.

Doesn't help that I've just finished reading David Graeber's book on Bullshit Jobs. I already knew mine is effectively one of those, but to read some of the theories and studies on the social and psychological impacts of being in those jobs kinda made sense.

I have read excerpts from that book and it rings true to me. I'm 10+ years into a career in finance and have changed job regularly during that time. Currently doing a combination of project accounts role and finance support to clients as well as helping out with modelling and stuff on business cases. The nature of the work is just so tedious and dull but I could cope if the volume of work was reasonable. 

0 motivation at the minute or interest. 

I hit it as hard if not harder than I ever have before this year. I'm now struggling big time.

Can't look at pictures or videos as I get too emotional and generally just feeling fucking down.

It'll pass with time and I'm back to work tomorrow which will help with getting back to normality.

Will I do it all again with the same intensity next year. Fuck yeah bring it on.