Queuing for a laugh

plot2pot

Is it me or do some people just love queuing? Now don't get me wrong - there's plenty of queuing at Glastonbury that can't be avoided and I know that - but every morning I went for my morning toilet trip and soldiered past the large queues at the long drops on Muddy Lane and took a five minute detour to the toilets by the cider bus. At that time of the morning with nothing happening on the pyramid stage there was barely anyone there. They were pretty clean and I had my choice of compost toilets or long drops and plenty of sinks to wash my hands afterwards.

Noticed the same for water too. A quick walk and there was always some taps with nobody queuing.

I suppose a lot of people don't know their way around that well or assume if there's queues for one big there's queues for them all.

People stood at sinks for ages having a full wash ? Get a vessel, fill it with as much as you need, take it away and let the next person do the same.

I walk past loads, all the way to Williams Green for my morning constitutional..... the long drops there are cleaned early, and there is never anyone using them at that time. As you say, I pass large queues at the campsite ones, and when I  am back with a coffee down me, there is still queues. Toilets at back of Other Stage are always rammed, yet there are quiet options less than 5 minutes away.

On this, I also find for some acts at John Peel or Acoustic, if you walk around the outside of those tents from the part of the entrance you naturally arrive at first, if they are starting to get busy, there’s always much more room at the far side.

Water kiosks were often very busy, with a bar or food stall who would fill your water right next to them.

its maybe a British thing, but I avoid queuing wherever possible.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I suppose a lot of people don't know their way around that well or assume if there's queues for one big there's queues for them all.

People stood at sinks for ages having a full wash ? Get a vessel, fill it with as much as you need, take it away and let the next person do the same.

Yeah, I did jump into what looked like a short queue one morning at a sink but when the girl in front of me got to the tap she promptly produced a razor and began shaving her armpits!