Auto-refresh software

lukethekid

On 10/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, GoonerRob said:

As someone else mentioned, it's done on session... so when you get through to the booking page, and the plugin continues to refresh, it wont kick you back to the holding screen... it will refresh the "enter your details" page.

When i notice a window has gone from holding to booking, ill take my time, stop the refresh and start copying and pasting. 

They may have changed it - thats out of our control, but i'll be doing this again.

I think it's still possible that if you inadvertently refreshed that booking page you could get another issue, for example a "page cannot be displayed" if it doesn't reload successfully - which I did see at a couple of points yesterday when refreshing the queuing page. 

Hey guys I'm gonna try this auto refresh on my laptop and PC on sunday. I tried for coach tickets last night on 3 different browsers, chrome, internet explorer and firefox, one tab each. No luck. I've got tickets on 3 occasions in the past but it's getting harder and harder.

What do I need to do to get this auto refresh tool?.... and can I use it on all 3 explorers?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

58 minutes ago, Lycra said:

If I'm reading this right I would suggest your devices only got on the booking page because tickets had been sold out ??

The first time the booking page loaded it looked like I was able to buy tickets, so it could have put me through when there was just a handful of random coach seats still available and then kicked me back out almost immediately as soon as it sold out. The more depressing possibility would be that it kicked me out because I refreshed the booking page, although as others have said this wasn't a problem in the past..

Edited by FLB

4 minutes ago, Pardoe said:

Hey guys I'm gonna try this auto refresh on my laptop and PC on sunday. I tried for coach tickets last night on 3 different browsers, chrome, internet explorer and firefox, one tab each. No luck. I've got tickets on 3 occasions in the past but it's getting harder and harder.

What do I need to do to get this auto refresh tool?.... and can I use it on all 3 explorers?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

The easiest way is to install an extension:

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-auto-refresh-plus/globgafddkdlnalejlkcpaefakkhkdoa

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/reloadmatic/?src=search

If you want a third browser I'd pick anything other than internet explorer! Opera would be my next choice; super auto refresh is available for that also:

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/super-auto-refresh/

As mentioned I didn't have issues yesterday with 4 browsers all on a 2 second refresh (as far as I know!), but if you want to be safe set all of them to a 3-5 second refresh timer to keep below 60/min, sit back and cross fingers!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FLB said:

The first time the booking page loaded it looked like I was able to buy tickets, so it could have put me through when there was just a handful of random coach seats still available and then kicked me back out almost immediately as soon as it sold out.

Not certain. Read reports of people getting sold out notice coming up even though they got as far as selecting coach page ?

2 minutes ago, FLB said:

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-auto-refresh-plus/globgafddkdlnalejlkcpaefakkhkdoa

If you want a third browser I'd pick anything other than internet explorer! Opera would be my next choice; super auto refresh is available for that also:

As mentioned I didn't have issues yesterday with 4 browsers all on a 2 second refresh (as far as I know!), but if you want to be safe set all of them to a 3-5 second refresh timer to keep below 60/min, sit back and cross fingers!

Thank you. That makes sense tbf as internet explorer couldnt even get on the holding page! But the other two did. 

Have you had any experience with that refreshinator.. I was thinking of using that on my phone as well.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, parsonjack said:

If you are using simple Chrome Auto-Refresh then it will continue to refresh until you stop it manually....which is why you need to be sure you set it slow enough to allow a page to load and to hit the stop button if a booking page comes up....so yes....if you set it to 2 seconds and you don't stop it quickly enough when a page appears it will refresh again and you will be back to square one.

There is mention above from @GoonerRob that you don't need to hit the stop button....but that hasn't been confirmed as yet.....certainly Chrome Auto-Refresh has no simple way of detecting a page change and stopping automatically.

Just to confirm, as I tested it during the coach sale, you do not need to press the stop button. 

one of my windows got through, it carries on refreshing 2-3 times, then I stopped it and entered details. Sold out by the time I got through but nevertheless...

Hope that helps clear that particular sticking point up. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, FLB said:

I've got those extensions ready now FLB, thank you. I like it how the firefox one stops automatically if you move the mouse over the page. My question is tho.. if I get on the booking page and accidentally let it auto refresh again, will it boot me back into the holding room or refresh again on the booking page? 

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

Just to confirm, as I tested it during the coach sale, you do not need to press the stop button. 

one of my windows got through, it carries on refreshing 2-3 times, then I stopped it and entered details. Sold out by the time I got through but nevertheless...

Ok so if it auti refreshes again once through to the booking page then you wont get booted back to holding room?

14 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

Nice one...cheers ?

1 hour ago, GoonerRob said:

Wondering if having multiple tabs with diff profiles would make a difference. 

I know if you are over 60 refreshes a minute it locks you out temporarily but does it really lock out each and every page? So if I had 6 tabs open then 3 get locked out the other 3 keep going then the others come back on etc etc so at very worst you still have around 3 going? 

All once you go over refresh limit it’s done?

Trying for any advantage after a miserable Thursday :(

18 hours ago, FLB said:

Do any of these refresh the page regardless of whether the page loads or not? 

The ones I've played about with look to actually wait for the page to load before they start the countdown for the next refresh (which means you'd be quicker manually hitting F5 while in the rammy to get a connection, until and unless you get to the holding page - then the auto refresh software will work fine)

Edited by merago
Clarification

2 hours ago, merago said:

The ones I've played about with look to actually wait for the page to load before they start the countdown for the next refresh (which means you'd be quicker manually hitting F5 while in the rammy to get a connection, until and unless you get to the holding page - then the auto refresh software will work fine)

I had a play with them earlier on a normal website and they seemed to refresh quickly regardless of what was on screen. I dont think they wait. Might be worth sticking them on 3-5 seconds 

8 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

Great, thanks v much for confirming!

7 hours ago, merago said:

Not sure sorry, my page generally seemed to reload quickly. F5 is definitely faster, but harder to manage if you are on multiple browsers/devices.