Buying tickets internationally

Grifforama

I havent been for a good few years, and the last time I bought tickets it was fairly painless. 

I've since moved to the US, and I'm worried that my chances of getting a couple of tickets are going to be slim. 

I'd heard of see tickets restricting io addresses from abroad? 

Griff

14 hours ago, Grifforama said:

I havent been for a good few years, and the last time I bought tickets it was fairly painless. 

I've since moved to the US, and I'm worried that my chances of getting a couple of tickets are going to be slim. 

Griff

I've heard people say this but I don't think it's true based on experience. I've been in 13, 14, 16 and 19. Was lucky to get tickets each time, either myself or one of our mates got in and got the tix. None of us live in the UK - all in different parts of the EU. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:56 PM, Grifforama said:

Griff

There isn't any embargo on tickets, but I think you have to use a credit card, and I don't know if it has to be registered abroad. The other thing to think on, is whether you wait for the tickets to arrive abroad, or after paying the deposit, waiting for funds to clear, then changing your delivery address to a UK one that you can pick up from, on the way to the festival. Maybe that's paranoia, but it wouldn't be good to not get tickets before the plane leaves.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought tickets from oversea's quite a few times, didn't get anywhere near for this year from NZ but not putting that down to any restrictions. i would definateley  recommend having them posted to a UK address or arranging to collect them from site as delivery can be very late. I flew on the Sunday before the start this year which was very late to leave but thankfully i had my tickets sent to a friends house in the UK, they didn't arrive until midweek before i left and i know others had very late deliveries too. so if you are planning on travelling a week before the festival starts then a UK address / pickup is a must.  

On 7/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, hayleyas said:

I'm going to be in Mallorca for ticket day, does anyone know if I'll have to buy them on a credit card or will I be ok on my debit card as usual? Panicked now as I dont have a credit card!!

If you're registered in the UK then you can just use your debit card. It's linked to the registration address and not your geographical location at time of purchase. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, iloveglasto2020 said:

I'm also going to try and get tickets from NZ this year, haven't been since 2004 so lots of changes since the last time I tried....any tips or is it really just a case of a few devices and a fast internet connection?

It's all down to luck of your request to hook up to the Seeticket server hitting when it has a space to accept it. Yes you can have multiple devices and fast connections but people also get tickets using mobile 3G networks and older. Main tip - consensus is not to refresh page more than once per second as it's thought Seetickets actively block auto-page refreshers operating faster than 60 refreshers/minute.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:56 PM, Grifforama said:

Griff

Chances of getting tickets will be determined by demand far exceeding supply. No other restrictions apply (other than aforementioned payment mechanism).

• 1 month later...