Glastonbury fan 'loses £16k' over VIP tickets

dulcificum

39 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I am simply pointing out that it is hypocritical for person A, who makes very little contribution financially to the state, or in fact is a net drain, to criticise person B for spending their own disposable income on convenience / luxuries as they see fit, when actually person B is what makes person A's existence possible 

I'll be frank, I wouldn't have been so bloody curteous on my previous post if I'd read this first.

Surely you're a troll?  If not you really should read your stuff, as you don't half come across as a piece of dirt.

I must say, reading this has made me realise that at Glasto and festivals in general we're mainly classless and it's refreshing.

I don't know if I'm raving next to a retail assistant, accountant, doctor, traveller or a millionaire who pays their staff peanuts.

Back in the real world and we're already all losing our Glasto spirit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

I'm not saying someone has no net worth to society beyond their financial contribution, that is likely your own twisted and mistaken perception of non left wing viewpoints.  This misconception is possibly much of the imaginary fault you find with the world 

I am simply pointing out that it is hypocritical for person A, who makes very little contribution financially to the state, or in fact is a net drain, to criticise person B for spending their own disposable income on convenience / luxuries as they see fit, when actually person B is what makes person A's existence possible 

Bloody hell, you're right out there aren't you!

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

Actually you've preached a fair few times about your opinions on the responsibilities of 'the rich' and how they could / should change the world, presumably by giving you all their wealth so you can spend it in a better way according to your superior morals.  

What you have not mentioned is a definition of what 'rich' is, the conspicuous absence of any responsibility of the non rich, or even where the money wold come from once all the rich stop bothering to risk their wealth, time, happiness, family life etc, to build successful businesses as you keep taking all their money away

You see, that's where you have made an error. Your presumption is way off the mark. At no point have I mentioned wealth redistribution or the motivation of the wealthy. 

I have made one simple point that seems to have gone completely over your head. Given your neo-lub preachings I now understand why.

There are non so bind as them that won't see.

Doesnt the festival officially run from the Thursday anyway? Or possibly even Friday.  I know theres stuff on and people  can be there from weds 9am but main stages are from Friday. Coaches still arrive thursday and Friday.

So getting a ticket from the Thursday may not be what you hoped for but you are still being provided with a full festival (main stages) ticket ? Schematics i know. Keeping out of the pay 16000 etc side of it

2 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Doesnt the festival officially run from the Thursday anyway? Or possibly even Friday.  I know theres stuff on and people  can be there from weds 9am but main stages are from Friday. Coaches still arrive thursday and Friday.

So getting a ticket from the Thursday may not be what you hoped for but you are still being provided with a full festival (main stages) ticket ? Schematics i know. Keeping out of the pay 16000 etc side of it

Festival officially opens on Wednesday morning and there's too much to do in 5 days, let alone trying to fit it all in to 3 days.

Also, schematics. Lol.

23 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Guys you'll be terribly disappointed but sadly for me it is time to bow out of this fantastic clash of intellectual titans as I am shortly going on holiday.  I would like to thank you all for the fantastic well informed and at all times respectful contributions from all and wish you, and all my fellow man, health, prosperity and happiness. 

The great thing about these discussions is that people are always so open minded about changing their views - it's all such a great use of time and incredibly constructive.  A real eye opener.

Peace be with you :) 

Which of your views had been changed during this debate? 

Dunno why schematics is funny but far enough. Yeah i know it officially opens weds 9am but some of the other expensive (including ticket in price) off site camping says from Thursday . Not that it makes any odds to me. Just wondering if somewhere deep in whatever you agreecto for a 16grand yurt its buried somewhere- we guarantee a ticket to Glastonbury for the full festival or we guarantee entry to the festival for all main stages. The bbc start showing it from Friday  -apart from the local news showing its open  - as an aside- if you can watch bbc local-theres a family took a full 3 piece suite and a 60 inch televison-   so most of the public will consider glastonbury the main stsges fri to sunday.

24 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Dunno why schematics is funny but far enough. Yeah i know it officially opens weds 9am but some of the other expensive (including ticket in price) off site camping says from Thursday . Not that it makes any odds to me. Just wondering if somewhere deep in whatever you agreecto for a 16grand yurt its buried somewhere- we guarantee a ticket to Glastonbury for the full festival or we guarantee entry to the festival for all main stages. The bbc start showing it from Friday  -apart from the local news showing its open  - as an aside- if you can watch bbc local-theres a family took a full 3 piece suite and a 60 inch televison-   so most of the public will consider glastonbury the main stsges fri to sunday.

Yes I'd say its incredibly likely that the company selling the tickets had only promised tickets from the Friday and just forgot that when offering him compensation and when they made their statement to the media. That's probably what happened. 

Edited by gherkin8r

1 minute ago, danmarks said:

Ohhhhhh. Thats me told. Cheers. I missed the bit where there is a full transcription of everything said on both sides. I dont know why Im gettimg involved so ill leave it to the experts on here.

I can help - you're getting involved to dream up abstract scenarios where the ugly dickhead rich guy made a mistake and as a result had no case to be annoyed and thus we can all laugh at him. 

Nope. I was genuinely trying to think of all scenarios .As i said some of the 2grand plus sites only run from the Thursday .

I didnt get involved on the who spends what and how and who earns what and how as i dont believe that i can get any nuances across on a forum. A real conversation in s pub or whatever yeah, i can talk and listen and explain what i mean if there's any confusion. 

For What its worth- i dont see spending 16grand is any different to spending 500quid on tangerine fiends if you can afford it and if want to. I got burnt the year before worthy view on the shitstorm that led to.worthy view. On no level would i have appreciated any one saying- deserves it- he vpuld have camped with the rest of us.

Hiw people earn money, who is affected by thisis totally outside what im trying to say here. 

Edited by danmarks
Spelling well more texting skills

3 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Nope. I was genuinely trying to think of all scenarios .As i said some of the 2grand plus sites only run from the Thursday .

I didnt get involved on the who spends what and how and who earns what and how as i dont believe that i can get any nuances across on a forum. A real conversation in s pub or whatever yeah, i can talk and listen and explain what i mean if there's any confusion. 

For What its worth- i dont see spending 16grand is any different to spending 500quid on tangerine fiends if you can afford it and if want to. I got burnt the year before worthy view on the shitstorm that led to.worthy view. On no level would i have appreciated any one saying- deserves it- he vpuld have camped with the rest of us.

Hiw people earn money, who is affected by thisis totally outside what im trying to say here. 

Can't fool me mate! I know what you're at. 

• Upvote 1