Glastonbury fan 'loses £16k' over VIP tickets

dulcificum

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

Compared to some people you live like a prince, you capitalist bastard ?

I actually do.  About 10 years back I fucked off the career, moved to working part time to earn enough to cover basic bills and have a house filled with furniture I built myself.  I'm the Ron Swanson of the midlands.  People who buy things are idiots ;)

• Upvote 1

You really are keen to criticise aren't you mate?  Bike cost me £40 second hand out of the paper.  I have no choice in the country I live in or control over the cost of living here or elsewhere, I do not try and make others live as I do nor do I suggest that anyone should.  My existence and my reasons for it are entirely personal, I believe it is the most moral way to live, I am sure you would find a way to disagree.

Would it help if I apologised to the rich man having a tantrum because things didn't go his way?  I'm sorry fella.

6 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Pathetic ad hominum attack.

Play the ball, not the man.

The basic point people are trying to make is that stereotyping and generalising of any large group of people be they rich / poor / male / female whatever is a bad thing. Is that not something you agree with? Because you seem happy to to make broad sweeping statements about a certain group. I personally think thats not a good, useful, productive or a helpful thing to do.

So, apart from trying to shift attention onto criticising my life, telling me that anything anyone tries to do to improve the world is worthless because people in afghanistan have it harder (love THAT old chestnut), what exactly is your point that demonstrates that this fella has been scammed?  Because he hasn't.

Have a lovely day.

Oh I'm so sad now it's all over and the dis harmony has set in ..

I have no worries about how people want to live their lives as long as they do so without hurting others .. We need employers to employ those who want a better life and give their families everything they wish themselves.

If this guy had the capacity to spend X amount on this or a car or any other materialistic commodity then that is his right, we know nothing about him or his background 

If we see a homeless man in the street do we all think"" poor man, life hasn't given him the best hand" but for all we know he could have been a nasty vindictive person where Karma caught up 

Unless we know anyones story none of us are in a position to judge... It seems to me this guy didn't get the service he paid for , whether that be a 16k GF experience or a carton of boiled rice that was omitted from his takeaway order .

I hate being judged by the way I look and by the things I do until people know me enough to qualify.. maybe if you can't be nice then scroll on by 

Edited by babyblade41

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

So, apart from trying to shift attention onto criticising my life, telling me that anything anyone tries to do to improve the world is worthless because people in afghanistan have it harder (love THAT old chestnut), what exactly is your point that demonstrates that this fella has been scammed?  Because he hasn't.

Have a lovely day.

I fully respect your lifestyle Spindles and I do admire you in a way.

Yet the simple premise is this fella did not get what he paid for. He agreed to pay a set amount for a certain product. He kept his side of the agreement where as the other side have not kept their side. The sums involved are pretty much irrelevant really. Not only have they not kept their side but they have also provided poor customer service in not communicating properly with him. There is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest this ticket was even available for the fella on the Friday, we only have the companies word for this and looking at the situation, I would be skeptical to believe them.

Take your £40 bike for example. Lets say you got it home, took it out the box and it has no wheels. You had agreed to buy a functioning bike for £40, but upon receipt of it, some of it was missing. Then when trying to contact the seller, he turns his phone off for a day.Upon finally speaking to the seller, he offered you £4 back, as you had taken the bike home. Would you feel happy at that situation and would you feel a right to be aggrieved? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benja100 said:

Worth knowing that for the average person in the UK until you earn over roughly £38k you are a net drain on public funds 

You seem to think that it is morally wrong for people to not live like you and you look down your noses at them but if everyone lived like you the country would be one of the poorest and most deprived in the world

lol it comes out pretty quickly doesn't it

1 minute ago, Benja100 said:

Just pointing this out but you contribute almost no tax at all.  I don't know if you use the NHS, local schools, roads, Police, etc.  Or whether you receive one of the myriad of welfare payments available in this country or not.

Worth knowing that for the average person in the UK until you earn over roughly £38k you are a net drain on public funds 

You seem to think that it is morally wrong for people to not live like you and you look down your noses at them but if everyone lived like you the country would be one of the poorest and most deprived in the world

I'm really struggling to follow your point or are you just trying to be annoying. At no point has Spindles claimed that his lifestyle is the future, just that it works for him.

2 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Just pointing this out...

Brilliant.  There is literally nothing I could say that you wouldn't find some way to criticise ME as a person, repeatedly.  Nothing I have said echoes your interpretation as stated.  I'm an older bloke, worked all my life, paid my taxes thanks.  Never asked anyone else to live as I do, stated quite categorically the opposite.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Yet the simple premise is this fella did not get what he paid for.

This was the point I was trying to make, mate.  People are saying he's been ripped off, the company are scammers, I'm merely pointing out that this is not the case, it is a customer service complaint that the dude has escalated all the way to the papers because he thinks he is too important to wait.  I've made it quite clear that the core issue of his complaint is that his ticket wasn't ready on time.  In turn for doing so I have been asked to justify every aspect of my life.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I fully respect your lifestyle Spindles and I do admire you in a way.

Yet the simple premise is this fella did not get what he paid for. He agreed to pay a set amount for a certain product. He kept his side of the agreement where as the other side have not kept their side. The sums involved are pretty much irrelevant really. Not only have they not kept their side but they have also provided poor customer service in not communicating properly with him. There is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest this ticket was even available for the fella on the Friday, we only have the companies word for this and looking at the situation, I would be skeptical to believe them.

Take your £40 bike for example. Lets say you got it home, took it out the box and it has no wheels. You had agreed to buy a functioning bike for £40, but upon receipt of it, some of it was missing. Then when trying to contact the seller, he turns his phone off for a day.Upon finally speaking to the seller, he offered you £4 back, as you had taken the bike home. Would you feel happy at that situation and would you feel a right to be aggrieved? 

He was promised a yurt outside the festival which he got. He was promised a hooky ticket which if he'd hung around he would have got - it's like complaining that your dealer's late. If he wants to deal with dodgy companies he should accept the risk involved.

Edited by Losing my hair

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Brilliant.  There is literally nothing I could say that you wouldn't find some way to criticise ME as a person, repeatedly.  Nothing I have said echoes your interpretation as stated.  I'm an older bloke, worked all my life, paid my taxes thanks.  Never asked anyone else to live as I do, stated quite categorically the opposite.

This was the point I was trying to make, mate.  People are saying he's been ripped off, the company are scammers, I'm merely pointing out that this is not the case, it is a customer service complaint that the dude has escalated all the way to the papers because he thinks he is too important to wait.  I've made it quite clear that the core issue of his complaint is that his ticket wasn't ready on time.  In turn for doing so I have been asked to justify every aspect of my life.

You have no need to justify anything to anyone on an internet forum.

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Her was promised a yurt outside the festival which he got. He was promised a hooky ticket which if he'd hung around he would have got - it's like complaining that your dealer's late. If he wants to deal with dodgy companies he should accept the risk involved.

We can't really call them dodgy companies though when the festival let's them trade. They give them the tickets and let them get around charging thousands by claiming the ticket is worth 500 quid and it's the accommodation worth thousands

Gotta say, I would be pretty pissed off had I turned up to the festival on Wednesday and they didn't let me in because there was no ticket and I had no idea if a ticket would materialise. The accommodation I (hypothetically) had paid a fortune for would be rendered useless to me. I'd go as far to say it would be almost torture for me to be outside the fence 

2 minutes ago, Digi said:

We can't really call them dodgy companies though when the festival let's them trade. They give them the tickets and let them get around charging thousands by claiming the ticket is worth 500 quid and it's the accommodation worth thousands

Gotta say, I would be pretty pissed off had I turned up to the festival on Wednesday and they didn't let me in because there was no ticket and I had no idea if a ticket would materialise. The accommodation I (hypothetically) had paid a fortune for would be rendered useless to me. I'd go as far to say it would be almost torture for me to be outside the fence 

I very much doubt that they got the tickets from GFL. More likely these were complimentary/hospitality tickets for bands, associated companies etc which are sold on the black market which is why they were late turning up, they would have had genuine ones weeks before. Of course they may have sold this mug a package without actually having a ticket but having enough contacts to be confident that they could pick one up at the festival. I'm sure this bloke had enough nous to know what he was getting into but just threw his toys out of the pram.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

The basic point people are trying to make is that stereotyping and generalising of any large group of people be they rich / poor / male / female whatever is a bad thing. Is that not something you agree with? Because you seem happy to to make broad sweeping statements about a certain group. I personally think thats not a good, useful, productive or a helpful thing to do.

Is it so difficult to understand?

I'm not stereotyping.

The rich, on the whole, have power in society. Power to change things for the better if they so desire. The poor don't. 

Misleading trash about who works harder is plain wrong at the least and downright criminal at the most.

The rich, as a whole, need to be held to account for their actions because they have the greatest ability to improve life for all. Simple. 

If you disagree with that then I dispair for you.

2 hours ago, Jamie 2194 said:

More then you know, if you took time to read people’s posts you would see I struggled to save a business for 3 years not paying myself for 15 months and managing to protect 22 peoples employment at the same time.....nearly lost my home, my marriage and my mind.... so please do me a favour and just fucking do one you patronising twat..... this forum isn't for you. FULL IDIOT

Sounds like you have been through the mill a bit there and I do sympathise but many have been through similar or worse. Perhaps you can equate your struggles with the poor, but perhaps not 

These are your words: " the lazy and poor people of the world who choose not towork hard should be given the right to blame the people who carve out a career and work long hours for what they have."

The 'lazy and the poor'. Your words, I suggest you reflect on them.

BTW making up 'insults' from my self deprecating user name is both lazy and pointless.

I wish you well, genuinely, but further debate with you seems pointless.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

He was promised a yurt outside the festival which he got. He was promised a hooky ticket which if he'd hung around he would have got - it's like complaining that your dealer's late. If he wants to deal with dodgy companies he should accept the risk involved.

He paid for a ticket to a 5 day festival. He may have possibly received the ticket on the 3rd day, possibly, if we believe the ticket company. He did not get what he paid for.

And no, he should not "accept the risks involved". The company is a legitemate company registered with companies house and has to abide by all consumer laws.

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

all becomes very tory on here when you're all on your comedown

Can't speak for others but I'm a paid up card carrying member of the Lib Dems, so that's a pretty stupid stereotype.

It's not just Tories that beleive that if you pay for something you should get what you've paid for.

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Can't speak for others but I'm a paid up card carrying member of the Lib Dems, so that's a pretty stupid stereotype.

It's not just Tories that beleive that if you pay for something you should get what you've paid for.

I don't believe the company is in the right and if you see my posts you'll see I've called them criminal for this bollocks.

What I do think is Tory are the posts saying how the rich are rich because they 'work hard', with the implication if we all just worked that hard we'd all be well off.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

What I do think is Tory are the posts saying how the rich are rich because they 'work hard', with the implication if we all just worked that hard we'd all be well off.

That's been suggested by only one person here, once and it's completely tangental to the point of this thread. Let's not use one comment to bash people on here arguing in favour of this guy who's lost a lot of money here.

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

Actually it's this bit from the chap:

"I disagree with the idea that money should buy people convenience, it is wholly against my ethos"

This fucks me off massively, like normal people paying for something normal like having their car serviced are in some way morally inferior to those who live a practically subsistence lifestyle that actually a lot of other people are subsidising through tax

Indeed. The guy claims that he's not trying to force his lifestyle onto others, and yet he is incredibly judgemental about it. 

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Indeed. The guy claims that he's not trying to force his lifestyle onto others, and yet he is incredibly judgemental about it. 

And how is that not 'completely tangential' and 'using one comment to bash people'

Pot, kettle, black.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot