Glastonbury fan 'loses £16k' over VIP tickets

dulcificum

4 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I'd assume that he has tried to go through the normal channels and seems to have met with resistance. Going to the press can encourage a more reasonable response. My girlfriend works in production on BBC local radio and has done quite a lot of work with a consumer programme which is predominantly used by older people who are reluctant to go down legal avenues when they feel they have been screwed over and its amazing the change in tone when the threat of negative publicity becomes apparent. 

The thing is we have the judiciary system and all the facts are put before and a decision is made ..sometimes that decision isn't what we hoped but  we have to accept it 

Sometimes best to move on , accept we have made a faux pas and put it down to experience . I've made some monumental balls ups .. now that time has passed and the hurt had subsided we can look at it and probably look at the other persons side 

8 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

The thing is we have the judiciary system and all the facts are put before and a decision is made ..sometimes that decision isn't what we hoped but  we have to accept it 

Sometimes best to move on , accept we have made a faux pas and put it down to experience . I've made some monumental balls ups .. now that time has passed and the hurt had subsided we can look at it and probably look at the other persons side 

Your prerogative mate and I don't think anyone would criticise you for your response. 

Personally I don't see an issue with his either. 

Anyway I have now distracted myself from my own post Glastonbury misery for long enough (by arguing about something I care little about) to hit the cider. 

Edited by gherkin8r

On 7/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, bombfrog said:

I doubt they make a point of telling people their sources aren't legit :)

Their website is actually very projessional...

https://www.windinglake.co.uk/home/faqs/

If you know the festival well, especially if you hang around this forum then you know it's a risk because you know there are no "official" VIP tickets and you know that nobody except GFL is allowed to sell tickets, but none of my friends would.

Windenlake is a totally different thing all together, they have ticket and accommodation packages ranging from £2k up to £20k. They manage all the Helicopters for celebs and artists so hence the reason they have tickets allocated to them by the festival. Our friends use Windenlake due to his wife having the dreaded Cancer. She loves the festival and having access to the facilities up there including bus service, quiet bar and food options, this means she can manage the festival in her own style. 

On 7/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, bombfrog said:

Doesn't matter how much you earn, you deserve to get what you've paid for. Nobody is asking you to lose sleep over a guy who didn't get VIP access to glastonbury but if you're not going to lose sleep over a guy losing £16k for vip access then you shouldn't lose any sleep over somebody with a "normal job" losing £250 if they didn't get their normal tickets delivered to them. It's not different because one has more money than the other.

It is different. The guy paying £250 from Seetickets bought a ticket through the same system as everyone else, he took the same measures as all of us on here those who got tickets (and those who didn't) and then didn't get his ticket. This guy is more like someone wandering round Pilton and buying a ticket from a bloke in the pub. I have little sympathy for someone in either situation. You take the gamble, if the ticket gets you in great, if not tough, try next year through the legit channels same as everyone else.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:14 AM, bombfrog said:

You've both displayed in this thread that you're actually nasty little jealous, judgemental people, neither of which have a basic understanding of the macro economics or the socio-economic politics that you seem to have very strong views on. You've been outclassed in this debate by people that are clearly more intelligent and knowledgable about the subject matter than you (not me, I'm thinking about people like @Benja100 and @gherkin8r, and when they point out why you're wrong or ask you a difficult question you just ignore it or change the question.

Seriously guys, you spend a few hours in the Leftfield tent listening to Billy Bragg talk shit about how unfair it is that some people earn more than other people and you think you've got it all sussed out. I'm kind of embarassed for you.

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

Given the extraordinary catalogue of claims of questionable accuracy or judgement which @Benja100 has made:-

"Just pointing this out but you contribute almost no tax at all.  I don't know if you use the NHS, local schools, roads, Police, etc.  Or whether you receive one of the myriad of welfare payments available in this country or not.

Worth knowing that for the average person in the UK until you earn over roughly £38k you are a net drain on public funds "

"I wonder if it was the rich attendees who slash all the tents, leave 1000’s of nitrous canisters behind, and go into other people’s tents with torches and rob them at knifepoint"

"And before we get the inevitable comments about tax avoidance, remember that the top 1% of earners pay 28% of the tax take in the UK."

"I am simply pointing out that it is hypocritical for person A, who makes very little contribution financially to the state, or in fact is a net drain, to criticise person B for spending their own disposable income on convenience / luxuries as they see fit, when actually person B is what makes person A's existence possible"

@Benja100 seemed to be quite wary of being labelled a tory, but I've met tories of all sorts of levels and never heard any of them refer so contemptuously of poor people. 

Perhaps if it's not too trouble you could consider them too, rather than only taking umbrage at the things people say about the rich as you have been thus far?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, clarkete said:

@Benja100 seemed to be quite wary of being labelled a tory, but I've met tories of all sorts of levels and never heard any of them refer so contemptuously of poor people. 

Perhaps if it's not too trouble you could consider them too, rather than only taking umbrage at the things people say about the rich as you have been thus far?

We're never going to agree on this as I think we have entirelly different ideas of what is fair and what isn't, but I should point out that the only reason anybody mentioned anything about Spindle's financial situation was because he bought it up himself, in the context of some stupid, sanctimonious and judgemental post about people who have money and spend it on what they want to spend it on. Pointing out the total hypocrisy of his argument was toally fair game. Nobody is "referring contemptuously" ofpoor people, they were being contemptuous of somebody who had asked for it.

I don't judge anybody by the amount of money they have, rich or poor, most of this thread has consisted of a few of us pointing out why it's wrong for others to do that.

38 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

We're never going to agree on this as I think we have entirelly different ideas of what is fair and what isn't, but I should point out that the only reason anybody mentioned anything about Spindle's financial situation was because he bought it up himself, in the context of some stupid, sanctimonious and judgemental post about people who have money and spend it on what they want to spend it on. Pointing out the total hypocrisy of his argument was toally fair game. Nobody is "referring contemptuously" ofpoor people, they were being contemptuous of somebody who had asked for it.

I don't judge anybody by the amount of money they have, rich or poor, most of this thread has consisted of a few of us pointing out why it's wrong for others to do that.

You are always very quick to defend @Benja100 posts and equally quick to critise the posts of others. @clarkete has none a nice job of collecting up  some of the more disgraceful comments made here, I can only assume that you are in full agreement with them. You may not judge according to money but you certainly do make judgements on very shaky ground!

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Upvote 1