Crime down 64%.... Very hard to get people in

guypjfreak

6 hours ago, mazola said:

My tuppence worth:

Camped in Oxfields, so had to go through gate B everyday. Was only checked once, but man it was the most thorough check I've ever had. Went through absolutely every nook and cranny in my day bag, and every single compartment in my wallet. If there was anything hidden in my bag it would have definitely been found. I'd been hiding my weed zipped up in a pocket of my pack a mac, which was then packed in to its own little pack. Luckily that day I'd forgotten to do it and had just left it in my shorts pocket! They didn't actually search me so got away with it! Didn't see anyone actually get body searched, so will most likely just do this again in the future.

Was volunteering this year, and every shift had 2 or 3 security guards with us. Without exception every one of them was friendly and helpful. For the first time in my life I was engaging with security instead of actively avoiding them, and must say they did an excellent job.

Didn't see any trouble at all in the festival, thought the vibe was really good, young and old alike.

The security guard I was with one day said the best way to get in to the festival without a ticket was to make a run through one of the vehicle gates during the day (not night)

Working on a vehicle gate one year, a guy came through on a mountain bike so fast we all just jumped out the way. He had to take an almost 90 degree corner to do it. Wouldn't have taken much for him to go sprawling. No idea if he got caught, but the general consensus from stewards, security and anyone else around was, fair enough

8 hours ago, bombfrog said:

I also thought the attitude this year was fantastic. Everybody seemed nice and chilled.

I wasn't chilled old son I was boiling lol 

Please note I was only pointing out somethings I saw.. 

I also saw people helping put suncream on strangers people handing out water etc. 

Like all places of the size of glastonbury you will get the good the bad and the ugly.. I was the ugly I hope all you were the good lolol 

Edited by guypjfreak

10 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I thought the opposite - compared to the last few I thought it a lot lighter and more joyful. I ws often surrounded by large groups of young uns who were chatty and happy.  I performed the public service of explaining who the PSB, Johnny Marr and Nick Cave were at various sets as my exasperated husband looked on.

I agree, I didn’t feel it was moody at any point.... I think with that many people there you can always run the risk of standing next to a few ? ends.... I find if you move a few feet in any direction then it’s normally all cool and fluffy again. How many more sleeps now??

First year for me - Camped at park home ground and had absolutely nothing taken from my tent, neighbours were all extremely lovely, my group camped around in a big circle I was unlucky enough to be behind them so I was worried but everything accounted for other than my extremely light wallet