Crime down 64%.... Very hard to get people in

guypjfreak

17 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

We had someone get in our tent- still don't know if they were on the rob or just lost. Amazingly I woke up as soon as they tried to open the zip and screaming 'GET THE F**K OUT OF MY TENT!!' at him at the top of my voice shifted him quickly enough...

As soon as they tried to open the zip? so they hadn't got in yet?

7 hours ago, Sack truck said:

The scam security were using to get people in involved two wristbands. As I said before, loads round ours got in that way, the team of that got them in had made £50k by Saturday at £350 a pop

Once you get in surely you give the wristband back? How do you stay in without a wristband on? 

Edited by mike86

58 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

As soon as they tried to open the zip? so they hadn't got in yet?

They were in the porch not the bedroom- also I had to put pants on, even in that state they didn't deserve that fate... (I'm not claiming I was in the right- but you react how you react..)

Edited by LeeHC

3 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Whether it was just that the tent robberies happened to people who tend to post on facebook or on here, it sounded like tent thefts were a bigger problem this year and spread out over multiple nights rather than it slowing down after that initial couple of days, never heard of posters saying that people were sticking hands into backpacks when in big crowds or bag snatching near food stalls like I was reading this year. To hear crime is down is interesting, were a lot of these incidents not properly reported?

Friend had a girl put their hand in his rucksack on Thursday night on the Railway track. Luckily we were behind him and confronted girl...only for bloke turn up to back her up!(apparently she was only having a joke!!!) got a bit heated for a moment but left an unsavoury taste and this coupled with huge crowds on Thursday night roaming the site made for an bad start.

After Mattiel on Saturday I was walking from Park towards the railway tracks. Just as I got to the stewards base in pennard heard a huge ‘GET HIM! STOP HIM!’ and turned around to see about ten secca converging from all around me on a young man without a top moving at a fair lick. He threw his backpack over the heras fence of a vendor and powered into the tents. Some of the guards went for him, others for the bag. Would love to know what they were after him for, no wristband and perhaps had a large amount of goodies in the bag that got tossed? That was right by the pennard scaff tower, so could have been spotted on the rob or dealing?

39 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Once you get in surely you give the wristband back? How do you stay in without a wristband on? 

Yeah they got them in then had to give wristband(s?) back to security when in - they were putting all sorts round their wrists so they looked like the real thing (none of them did) 

I'm guessing they work on basis folk never get them checked (I didn't get mine checked at any point)

Edited by Sack truck

A guy walked past our tent in Pylon whilst I was half dozing in the sun on the Saturday and 30 seconds later about 6 security and 4 or 5 police went past too and spread out and started to try tents looking for him. No idea what he had done but I did see him 30 minutes later being marched out of the campsite by security so they did find him in the end.

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've got 2 wristbands, a punter one and a hospitality one - and oddly this was the first year none of the gate staff were curious about the 2nd wristband or the pen-mark put across my ticket (which happens when the hospitality band is issued).

I'm not sure if it was cos they were better briefed or because they were focused on the standard entry checks.

I also had a hospitality band next to my normal wrist band ( give to me legitimately) I went out twice to the car and wasn’t questioned either time. 

9 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

I'm guessing they work on basis folk never get them checked (I didn't get mine checked at any point)

While there's no formal checks within the site, there are spotters (no idea how many or where specifically). But with so many different wristband types each year and sleeves etc I suspect only the most obvious will get picked up once through the gate.

24 minutes ago, incident said:

While there's no formal checks within the site, there are spotters (no idea how many or where specifically). But with so many different wristband types each year and sleeves etc I suspect only the most obvious will get picked up once through the gate.

Just watching the Killers set on iPlayer. 

At the start a shot of the crowd shows a girl in a Burberry cap on someone’s shoulders and I’m 99.9% sure she doesn’t have any wristband on! 

A friends son got kicked out after being found sleeping in the Stone Circle with no wristband in the early hours. I'm not sure how he got in in the fist place or how he got back on shortly after being evicted ?

The 2x EPO trick works if you think about it. Needs some sleight of hand or cooperation of the person scanning in/out. Perhaps the way forward is a QR code tattoo for all attendees ?

Some poor chap had his whole tent stolen on the Thursday night at Kidney Mead, and for some reason, whoever stole it then trashed and left it further down the field (right by my tent). Heard the steward announcing on the walk-in talky that apparently there had been a similar occurrence that night- not sure why someone was taking peoples tents (they were very small 1 person ones I think) and trashing and dumping them.

There's crime and then there's reported crime.  I very much doubt the crime stats will reflect the true level of crime at Glastonbury 2019.  I don't get the impression crime was down this year at all.  Still the same talk of tent thefts as in any year.  But how many people reported these to the cops and got a crime number?  Unless people do this we'll never get stats anywhere near accurate.  

4 hours ago, Sack truck said:

Yep- there were at least 20 round where we camped - they said they were just one group of 4 doing it and there were a more doing the same. One group of 4 lads were just there to sell ket but were annoyed as not many were buying as had taken their own stash in with them - these lot had friends who had tickets who had taken a tent in for them - was all well organised it seemed

Wonder if any of those were the guy who was so spangled he asked me if I wanted to buy ket three times in a minute at Genosys at 7am on Saturday morning. 

I lost my ticket when getting stuff from my car whilst staying at Worthy View. Even though I had both wrist bands already and my pass out ticket I wasn’t allowed back in. Had a good 30 minutes stress whilst the staff phoned someone up top and were convinced enough I was legit. Amazingly I found my ticket when leaving Monday morning in the middle of Worthy View car park!!!

While queuing to get into the co op one morning I heard the security guard at the entrance radio through and say “I’ve just had someone leave the co op and he had no wristband, shall I chase him?” And then the response came through “nah, don’t worry about it.” 

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

People always say this and I do put excess cash, passport, house keys etc in the lock-up. But while I wouldn't be devastated to lose what's in my tent (bank card, cash, fairly old phone due for an upgrade) I would be super disturbed and upset that they had been in my tent while I slept. Luckily it's not happened to me yet but that is the bit that would upset me, not losing the valuables. So them coming in and grabbing my bag or purse would still put a massive downer on my weekend even if there was nothing in it. Not a reason not to use the lock-ups (they're great), but just saying that's not the only issue.

Yep 100% agree. The couple I spoke too were very upset. It wasn’t all about the money. It was a violation of their space.