Crime down 64%.... Very hard to get people in

guypjfreak

One man found dead bad and sad 

Crime down great 

Nice people... The security were fab as we're all the stewards so I think they have really done a good job.. 

I did speak to a security bloke and he said that they had got rid of the last lot because they were letting / getting loads of people into the festival.. 

Pass outs..... Trying to get a pass out was near on impossible this year.. The thing is Mr Eavis HAS ALWAYS said that he doesn't mind a few getting in but now the crew has the QR bands I think that next year we will ALL have those making it impossible to get anyone in..

Yes I know that you shouldn't but its always been part of the festival imo

All in all what lovely people didn't see any trouble,, no real idiots.... Apart from me lol...... And no over handed power hungry security.. Or police I must add 

Peace and tea. G

17 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Crime down great 

Nice people... The security were fab as we're all the stewards so I think they have really done a good job.. 

I did speak to a security bloke and he said that they had got rid of the last lot because they were letting / getting loads of people into the festival.. 

Pass outs..... Trying to get a pass out was near on impossible this year.. The thing is Mr Eavis HAS ALWAYS said that he doesn't mind a few getting in but now the crew has the QR bands I think that next year we will ALL have those making it impossible to get anyone in..

Yes I know that you shouldn't but its always been part of the festival imo

All in all what lovely people didn't see any trouble,, no real idiots.... Apart from me lol...... And no over handed power hungry security.. Or police I must add 

Peace and tea. G

Sounds boring, glad I never got a ticket now. 

RIP the security guy 

Seems like a lot of tent thefts according to posts on Glasto Chat fb. More than usual I've heard about which is a shame, not what anyone expects coming to such a beautiful festival.

As far pass outs, they seemed terribly strict this year, almost didn't let me back in saying my photo didn't look like me (the photo was a new one updated this year so it looked exactly like me), bit of a prick security guard too.

security were checking wristbands late at night right up in East camper where you cross the road, checking for people with 'two wristbands'

which is admirable, but if someone was going to exit with a spare, they presumably won't have on their wrist next to the one they left with ?

As for pass outs, I had no bother leaving the site, but got asked a few times to show real id on the way back in.

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

security were checking wristbands late at night right up in East camper where you cross the road, checking for people with 'two wristbands'

which is admirable, but if someone was going to exit with a spare, they presumably won't have on their wrist next to the one they left with ?

Without going into the boring details, two wristbands can have it's own significance. Which can change depending on whether it's two of the same type or not, and also whether they're public or staff.

Just now, incident said:

Without going into the boring details, two wristbands can have it's own significance. Which can change depending on whether it's two of the same type or not, and also whether they're public or staff.

ah, didn't know that

Glad to hear crime is down. I got my bag stolen out my tent in 2015, and it really knocked my confidence in subsequent years...my bag was next to my head at the back of the tent so I was really unnerved at someone having been right over me. Perhaps though reading that tent theft was rife people just haven't reported it? 

Interestingly enough, my bag was found about 20 feet away with everything in bar the money and a tiny bottle of cheap shots! 

8 hours ago, incident said:

I've got 2 wristbands, a punter one and a hospitality one - and oddly this was the first year none of the gate staff were curious about the 2nd wristband or the pen-mark put across my ticket (which happens when the hospitality band is issued).

I'm not sure if it was cos they were better briefed or because they were focused on the standard entry checks.

Spoke to a guy and his gf on Saturday who told me that they had been robbed on Thursday night / Fri morning between 3am and 6am. They were in Dairy. Someone stole his shorts from the tent whilst they were sleeping. Found the shorts 10 yards away, all they had taken was cash.  Reported to security and campsite stewards. Apparently there were loads of thefts, and at that point they said 38 had been reported which was less than occurred as some people couldn’t be bothered to report it. It’s awful, not just the loss of money, but the emotional impact it has, they were both so fed up and struggling to get their spirits up. Did my best to cheer them up, felt so bad for them. 

Usual story. Put your excess cash in the lock up and what you have in you and other valuables at the bottom of your sleeping bag whilst you sleep. It’s just a no-brainer. 

They would of had fun with me and the wife.. I've got about 24 bands on one wrist and had 3 on the other lol.. 

Totally agree RIP to the security bloke... 

Sack truck was that this year cos I heard the same last glastonbury.. 

Slightly off topic but a couple of my mates in CV East witnessed a guy using a ladder to climb over the fence at around 8/9am on Friday morning. Security were so disorganised that they seemed incapable of catching him. Guy must have been a total legend to risk the drop on the other side of the fence. I asked whether they could see if he had any Twixes but got a blank look. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Crime down great 

Re: dead man. Do you mean the security guard on the last day? In which case I think - sadly - two people died. A T&C crew member passed away on Thursday, too. 

Stewards were ace, but I thought the security were heavy handed. Especially  searching people *leaving* the site from Gate C after a night out. They’d line the exit with guards and make a long corridor of search trays. Whether anyone had done anything or not, or had anything or not on them or not, this was an excellent way to ruin the buzz of a good night out. 

2 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Usual story. Put your excess cash in the lock up and what you have in you and other valuables at the bottom of your sleeping bag whilst you sleep. It’s just a no-brainer. 

People always say this and I do put excess cash, passport, house keys etc in the lock-up. But while I wouldn't be devastated to lose what's in my tent (bank card, cash, fairly old phone due for an upgrade) I would be super disturbed and upset that they had been in my tent while I slept. Luckily it's not happened to me yet but that is the bit that would upset me, not losing the valuables. So them coming in and grabbing my bag or purse would still put a massive downer on my weekend even if there was nothing in it. Not a reason not to use the lock-ups (they're great), but just saying that's not the only issue.

Whether it was just that the tent robberies happened to people who tend to post on facebook or on here, it sounded like tent thefts were a bigger problem this year and spread out over multiple nights rather than it slowing down after that initial couple of days, never heard of posters saying that people were sticking hands into backpacks when in big crowds or bag snatching near food stalls like I was reading this year. To hear crime is down is interesting, were a lot of these incidents not properly reported?

4 hours ago, Sack truck said:

The scam security were using to get people in involved two wristbands. As I said before, loads round ours got in that way, the team of that got them in had made £50k by Saturday at £350 a pop

So you are saying they got 143 people give or take into the festival by that point who had no ticket.

2 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

Re: dead man. Do you mean the security guard on the last day? In which case I think - sadly - two people died. A T&C crew member passed away on Thursday, too. 

Stewards were ace, but I thought the security were heavy handed. Especially  searching people *leaving* the site from Gate C after a night out. They’d line the exit with guards and make a long corridor of search trays. Whether anyone had done anything or not, or had anything or not on them or not, this was an excellent way to ruin the buzz of a good night out. 

That's just ridiculous and bang out of order.

Clearly just trying to rob people of their stashes.

3 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

Slightly off topic but a couple of my mates in CV East witnessed a guy using a ladder to climb over the fence at around 8/9am on Friday morning. Security were so disorganised that they seemed incapable of catching him. Guy must have been a total legend to risk the drop on the other side of the fence. I asked whether they could see if he had any Twixes but got a blank look. 

On either Wednesday or Thursday while working had a sweaty security Guard run up and ask if I had seen a man with rucksack and cider. He had jumped the fence. Security were impressed in his skills and basically said fair play to him

1 hour ago, robillustrates said:

So you are saying they got 143 people give or take into the festival by that point who had no ticket.

Yep- there were at least 20 round where we camped - they said they were just one group of 4 doing it and there were a more doing the same. One group of 4 lads were just there to sell ket but were annoyed as not many were buying as had taken their own stash in with them - these lot had friends who had tickets who had taken a tent in for them - was all well organised it seemed

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

They would of had fun with me and the wife.. I've got about 24 bands on one wrist and had 3 on the other lol.. 

I had five this year, which is new record for me :) but all in a drawer now as I can't 'wear' them at work.

5 hours ago, ciderlass said:

Glad to hear crime is down. I got my bag stolen out my tent in 2015, and it really knocked my confidence in subsequent years...my bag was next to my head at the back of the tent so I was really unnerved at someone having been right over me. Perhaps though reading that tent theft was rife people just haven't reported it? 

Interestingly enough, my bag was found about 20 feet away with everything in bar the money and a tiny bottle of cheap shots! 

Same thing happened to a member of our group this year. Our first experience of crime after 8 years in a row. She had her bag stolen from beside her head whilst her and her boyfriend were sleeping. Turns out someone found the bag and handed it into lost property which still had her phone in it. They collected it the following day. Only £2 missing which is the only cash in there so not too bad in the end but the emotional part of it obviously wasn't great. Felt very unnerved knowing someone has been in your tent. From chatting to security this seemed very common this year.

We had someone get in our tent- still don't know if they were on the rob or just lost. Amazingly I woke up as soon as they tried to open the zip and screaming 'GET THE F**K OUT OF MY TENT!!' at him at the top of my voice shifted him quickly enough...

• Like 1