Absolute idiot...

bigfurbdogg

43 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Walking towards the blue urinals at the back during Kylie - I did lose the glastonbury spirit. So many chairs not sat on but still out. The red mist descended when across the direct entrance to the loos some twerp had a line of pink chairs, saw me approaching, straightened them and held them. Ugh, sorry, but I picked the thing up, he lost his beer and we had a moment.

My fault, but crikey I hate lines of chairs with no one on them during sets.

Yeah.... especially a set as busy as Kylie was. Getting out of the field after a headliner is also made much more treacherous; it’s dark, crowds are shuffling along, you cannot see beyond the back of the person in front of you, and the next thing you know your falling over a chair, or stumbling over 5 lassies having a picnic on the ground.

* edit... this sounds sexist.... lads have picnics as well.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

6 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Yeah.... especially a set as busy as Kylie was. Getting out of the field after a headliner is also made much more treacherous; it’s dark, crowds are shuffling along, you cannot see beyond the back of the person in front of you, and the next thing you know your falling over a chair, or stumbling over 5 lassies having a picnic on the ground.

And Teddy Bears.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

And Teddy Bears.

Lads have Teddy Bears? They most certainly do - at least I did. I never gave it a name though, which saddens me a little bit now.

16 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

The festival definitely seemed cleaner over all this year, with much less left behind, which is obviously great to see. However I still saw a fair amount of idiots leaving cans/cups/fag butts/plates etc on the floor, for others to clean up. 

The worst thing I saw though was at the Pryamid stage during Kylie. There were 2 uninterested lads watching with a girl, and one of them was banging on about being desperate for a piss. Instead of just going to the toilets he proceeded to moan for a further 10 minutes before deciding to piss into a plastic water bottle. 

His two mates tried blocking him and in the middle of a crowd of 100k people, in daylight, amongst, kids, families etc he got his old man out and went in this water bottle. His two mates didn’t even seem to care and found the whole thing hilarious.

To top it all off, he just screwed the lid back   on, threw the bottle on the floor, shouted to his mates ‘hate the farm, leave a trace’ and walked off! His mates found it hilarious, I couldn’t believe it. It makes me so said to think people like this come to the festival, they’d obviously heard the festivals message loud and clear but had taken great joy in deliberately acting like this. 

I'd have picked it up and poured it down his throat. C***.

There is nothing better than leaving your site tidy each day. Ours was pristine by Monday. It is so, so, SO easy to tidy up after yourself even when at stages or out and about. A couple of us take backpacks with a bin bag in as we're big drinkers and eaters so end up with loads. Why can't everyone do it? It is fucking SIMPLE and rewarding.

19 hours ago, Jamie 2194 said:

Call people out, I did at Glade and others joined in. I didn’t see a lot this year compared to other years where you would see people going to the toilet on any fence and/or tree. 

Yep. It's a whole lot more effective that saving it up to post on a message board after.

I complained twice all weekend and both worked - one lad wanting to piss out of a gap in the side-wall of the Samula stage late at night "But I don't want to lose my space" - "I'll save your space mate, you go and save our festival" and another one who'd given up on the mental pre-headliner toilet queues by Wow stage on Sunday with a similar exchange.

Saw some youngsters trying to jump fences in the queue on Wednesday... I didn't have to find my voice for that one... eeeeveeeryyybody gave them a piece of their mind and after arguing with the first one they were forced by the sheer weight of peer pressure and booing to do the right thing.